Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 360 or PS3?

360 for now, ps3 when prices drop and gt:hd /mgs4 ftw.

oh and blueray hd :banana::banana::banana::banana: . certain details should be ommited i think SD :banana::banana::banana::banana: is enough ;-)
    Heat = Mikey976
    C2Q q9450 @ Stock ---------------------GigaByte P35 DS3R
    8gb G.Skill DDR1000-------------------------------BFG GTX280 OC 1GB
    Tagan 1.1 Kw PSU----------------------------------Custom WC
    X-Fi XtremeMusic w/Audigy ZS LiveDrive ---JVC HARX-900/ Logitech Z-640
    Acer 24in lcd P241w / Emachines E19T5W 19in wide

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpl Ledanek View Post
    ...you still haven't submitted a title...no title..no existence
    I'm still trying to figure out the Cousin-married part I'm assuming there was a bacherlor party with this HD-DVD involved.

just kidding
    lol ofc at the bachlor party. One of the guys brought them from work.
    Wasnt rly my thing (im not into fake boobs and specialy not the ones that are supersized).
    We ended up watching the first 10 minuts of 1 and then stopped and played Wii and Xbox360 games.

But for the titles there is always google.

Seeing this kind of stuff isnt for all ages ive Pmed u the link.
    Its pretty easy, just visit the bigger online media retailers and check their dvd section for adult stuff.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    read somewhere that the creators of metal gear solid are under pressure to release game to multiple platforms(xbox 360) because of the cost to make games for ps3 blu ray discs arent cheap and they believe it would make much more money on both consoles instead of one also i read microsoft is in talks with sony to get a blu ray player for 360 owners and may even incorporate a blu ray into a premium console just like ps3 already has
    MY RIG: BLUE DEVIL
    CASE*BLACK SILVERSTONE TJ07-MODIFIED
    MONITER*32-INCH SAMSUNG WIDESCREEN LCD TV
    OS*MICROSOFT XP HOME EDITION SP3
    MB*GIGABYTE P35-DQ6 F9B BIOS
    CPU*INTEL E7200 3.6GHZ 1.3v
    RAM*2GB G.SKILL PK PC8500**DEAD**
    PSU*PC POWER&COOLING BLACK QUAD 750W
    HD*SATA MAXTOR 150GB 8MB CACHE & SATA WD 250 GB 16MB CACHE
    GPU*GIGABYTE HD4670 @ 811/1100
    MY WATERCOOLING SETUP
    CPU*SWIFTECH APOGEE GTZ
    PUMP*SWIFTECH MCP 655
    RAD*SWIFTECH MCR320 W/ 3 SCYTHE ULTRA KAZE MED. SPEED
    RES*T-LINE
    TUBING*DURELENE PVC
    COOLANT*DISTILLED WATER & PT NUKE

WORKLOG-Blue Devil TJ07

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by techguy2k5 View Post
    Your PS3 makes your room hot? What is it in a closet?

no - my room is like 8 foot by 12 foot.

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Xtreme Member
    im happy with the 360 i bought 2nd hand.
    PS3 has hardly any games out i want to play to begin with.
    .:: Core i7 920D0 4Ghz :: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 :: OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDRIII :: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme+Zalman ZM-F3 BL Push/Pull ::.
    .:: Powercolor HD5870 :: LG L226WTQ-SF 22" :: Corsair HX850W :: WD Velociraptor 300GB / Areca Arc-1210 4TB [RAID5] ::.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by louie101086 View Post
    read somewhere that the creators of metal gear solid are under pressure to release game to multiple platforms(xbox 360) because of the cost to make games for ps3 blu ray discs arent cheap and they believe it would make much more money on both consoles instead of one also i read microsoft is in talks with sony to get a blu ray player for 360 owners and may even incorporate a blu ray into a premium console just like ps3 already has
    M$ said i think 3 weeks ago they won't do blu-ray

I finally have my xbox60 and most say its amazing. Great games but mine makes lots of noise. A bit to much. I never thought the graphics would be so good, Assassins Greed is just insane.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata
    >Cooler Master Seidon 120M
    Hell yes its a mini-ITX gaming rig!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ownage View Post
    M$ said i think 3 weeks ago they won't do blu-ray

I finally have my xbox60 and most say its amazing. Great games but mine makes lots of noise. A bit to much. I never thought the graphics would be so good, Assassins Greed is just insane.
    yea the xbox 360 is a noisy hot .
    but i love it as a game system.
    a friend of mine owns a PS3 and 360 and well his PS3 is gathering dust over there.
    .:: Core i7 920D0 4Ghz :: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 :: OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDRIII :: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme+Zalman ZM-F3 BL Push/Pull ::.
    .:: Powercolor HD5870 :: LG L226WTQ-SF 22" :: Corsair HX850W :: WD Velociraptor 300GB / Areca Arc-1210 4TB [RAID5] ::.

Xtreme Addict
    Ok I love a good fps
    PS3 = usb keyboard+mouseand

but lately I've been missing the driving, sports, and fighting games
    GT5, Any and all sport games, Tekken 6

Just looking for some advice on which console would be the better choice overall.

PS3 is by far more futureproof than 360.
    The XBOX and gamecube are DEAD, PS2 is still selling retail.

If you get a PSP, you could play many future PS3 game remotely through net via wifi - now that's effin cool

i say

360 is dead, all its best games were out in 2007, it'll be history by 2010
    It's awesome for arcade though (classic hd remakes ftw)
    but its controller is a pos, imho

Xtreme Addict
    I don't see how the 360 is dead. The developers have far more problem with hitting enough FPS with the PS3 then with the 360. The PS3 has blu-ray but so what? The old PS2 still won' t die and even the absolutaly-non-future-proof Wii is selling good.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata

Xtreme Addict
    I don't see how the 360 is dead. The developers have far more problem with hitting enough FPS with the PS3 then with the 360. The PS3 has blu-ray but so what? The old PS2 still won' t die and even the absolutaly-non-future-proof Wii is selling good.
    The PS2 will sell forever, they sold the PS1 forever too. They came out with the PS1 at the end of '94, and multiple hardware revisions later they finally stopped production in July 2006. Who even bought a PS1 in 2006?
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Playstation was out in 1996.

About the Xbox being dead? Not yet, but Microsoft is now starting the planning stages of their next hardware console, to be released in late 2009 or early 2010.

They are also starting work on their next iteration of Live........Xbox Live 2.0?
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Cruncher
    There is no point for the Xbox or the PS3 to still be around in 2010, by then they will have been greatly surpassed by PC graphics
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Addict
    PS3 Rules have both 360 and PS3 and the PS3 Seems alot faster and better on the eye and has better controls!

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    There is no point for the Xbox or the PS3 to still be around in 2010, by then they will have been greatly surpassed by PC graphics
    Just so you know, the Playstation 2 is going on 8 years now. Sony plans to run the PS3 for at least that long, but we will see how that pans out.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Mentor
    PS3 and Xbox 360 will both see relatively short lives compared to their older brethren. The PS3 has longer legs because of Blu-ray and the cell processor, but Microsoft's next console will put both to shame, as will the PS4 when it arrives.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Addict
    Why would a Cell processor be more future-proof? I think the GPU will be much more important, especially since they have to be capable to show graphics @ 1080P.
    >i5-3570K
    >Asrock Z77E-ITX Wifi
    >Asus GTX 670 Mini
    >Cooltek Coolcube Black
    >CM Silent Pro M700
    >Crucial M4 128Gb Msata

Xtreme Mentor
    Why would a Cell processor be more future-proof? I think the GPU will be much more important,...
    Because the Cell Processor has the potential to do some incredible things. Most of those things probably haven't even been thought of yet, yet alone implemented. The toolkit that was released by Sony recently will shed some more light on the Cell Processor, but the toolkit is mainly for game implementation. Though I guarantee you we'll see some pretty neat things from the Cell in the future.

Forget about the GPU in the PS3, it's the weak part of the console. The 360 has a more powerful GPU than the PS3. And don't get too excited about 1080P either. Most games will never be 1080P native, unless they program the Cell in such a way to help the GPU with graphics performance. This might happen, because supposedly one of Sony's original plans was to have multiple Cell Processors do the graphics work. However, it was decided at the time that the industry didn't have the toolkits to develop games in such a way, and that it would be much too expensive.

There is a reason why the Air Force purchased 300 PS3's. They didn't buy them to have a giant LAN game, they bought them to research the Cell Processor.

...especially since they have to be capable to show graphics @ 1080P.
    Don't forget that consoles are about more than just games now. Consoles will start to become the center of the media experience in homes. Watch movies, view pictures, listen to music, stream media from your computer and other hardware, browse the internet, and eventually have a full scale internet experience where you can get media directly online.
    Last edited by YukonTrooper; 03-20-2008 at 05:39 PM.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post

Don't forget that consoles are about more than just games now. Consoles will start to become the center of the media experience in homes. Watch movies, view pictures, listen to music, stream media from your computer and other hardware, browse the internet, and eventually have a full scale internet experience where you can get media directly online.

xbox 360 is almost there.

I just ordered a new XPS 420 so I could get dual digital cable tuners with cable card support.

XBOX 360 w/ media center extender plays very nice with that
    CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo E6550 @ 3.6GHz w/ 1.29vcore (517*7)
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6
    Memory:
    Crucial 8500's
    Video:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    PSU:
    Zippy 700W (fan modded of course)

Xtreme Cruncher
    heheh, what a holy war this is. Kinda like microsoft vs. linux

I have the PS3...My wife bought it for me as a surprise xmas gift back in 2006. I must say I've been really impressed with the quality of it. I've been folding on it 24x7 except when I play games, blu-rays or dvds (that's one of the things I really liked about the PS2 as well - we never had to buy a separate dvd or cd player for the home entertainment center). The PS3 really can be at the heart of a low-end home entertainment setup. I've got mine for DVDs, blu-rays, MP3s, slideshows, etc.

The frequent firmware upgrades are nice. I really liked the upscaling upgrade that came last May (allows lower res dvds to play at HD res). The DLNA media server interface was another terrific addition. All these excellent new capabilities coming at no charge is pretty sweet. I also agree about the core technology of the PS3 giving it longer life - I would bet that the cell processor will be doing things even the next gen xbox won't do... it's just designed for the future...

Bottom line - I don't have a 360 so I'm a bit biased, but it seems to me that the PS3 is a better setup and is more "futureproof"...
    Last edited by coo-coo-clocker; 03-26-2008 at 05:51 PM.

"[crunching is] a minor service to humanity as a side effect of our collective hardware fetish" - Blauhung

Hand down would have to be the Xbox 360 in my house. Our house has both the Xbox 360 elite and the PS3. The PS3 sits and collects dust basicly except when some one decided to rent a blu-ray. The XBox has much better graphics than the PS3 and the frame rate is significantly higher in almost ever game. Xbox live kicks PS3onlines butt hardcore. I mean I know the ps3 online is free but it is crappy and hard to use. The xbox 360 is also way more multilayer friendly. The PS3 has olny a few games that can do split screen but the Xbox 360 almost ever game can. The xbox live arcade is sweet !!! I love the TV episode downloads too. PS3 sits and collects dust and the xbox is used about every day.

Xtreme Member
    ps3...
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ AM2 CCB8F 0740 FPMW
    MSI K9A2 Platinum v1.2
    4 x 1GB Corsair XMS2 (rev 5.1 and rev 5.2)
    Zalman CNPS9700LED
    PowerColor ATi HD 3870 512MB DDR4 256bit PCIe 2.0
    Corsair TX750 Watts (12v @ 60A on a single rail)
    80 GB WD SATA I (primary)
    250 GB WD SATA II (backup)

Banned
    Wii! Seriously, I bought a 360 on launch day bought a few games lost interest went back to computer gaming. The Wii is the only system that offers something the computer doesn't. The whole control system is just so much fun and such a different way of gaming. It is without a doubt the most fun i have ever had playing console games with friends.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    Just so you know, the Playstation 2 is going on 8 years now. Sony plans to run the PS3 for at least that long, but we will see how that pans out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    Playstation was out in 1996.

About the Xbox being dead? Not yet, but Microsoft is now starting the planning stages of their next hardware console, to be released in late 2009 or early 2010.

They are also starting work on their next iteration of Live........Xbox Live 2.0?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation

May I direct you to that? It was released in December of 1994 in Japan... meaning production went from Fall of '94 until July 2006... an incredible 12 years for one system....
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Alright, well most of us don't live in Japan so its useful life was a little shorter
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madfaze View Post
    ps3...
    wow that really made me want to buy a PS3
    well not really

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast