Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D-Tek Fuzion Gunk

Xtreme Member

D-Tek Fuzion Gunk

Hello everyone, Furious here!

I was wondering how many people have the D-Tek Fuzion. The reason that I posted this was because of what I found when I disassembled mine to put in the nozzle kit.

I found that the rubber gasket between the top plate and mid plate was misshapen and had way too much rubber flash. On the copper base, pieces of the gasket wedged themselves in between the pins in the pin grid.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. On another note if anyone can recommend me a method to polish copper it would be much appreciated. Somehow I stained or had some kind of deposit on the bottom of my Fuzion.

Xtreme Member
    I had the exact thing happen on my block. I trimed the O-ring into the proper shape and popped it back in. It was only about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but no issues as of yet. As for the stain, if some Isopropanol won't take it off then I got nothing.
    ASUS P7P55D
    Intel CORE i7-860
    EVGA 8800gt 512mb
    Corsair 800D

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatpuppet View Post
    I had the exact thing happen on my block. I trimed the O-ring into the proper shape and popped it back in. It was only about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but no issues as of yet. As for the stain, if some Isopropanol won't take it off then I got nothing.
    What he said.

I've had the same problem, it's no biggie.

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by FuriousSalesman View Post
    Hello everyone, Furious here!

I was wondering how many people have the D-Tek Fuzion. The reason that I posted this was because of what I found when I disassembled mine to put in the nozzle kit.

I found that the rubber gasket between the top plate and mid plate was misshapen and had way too much rubber flash. On the copper base, pieces of the gasket wedged themselves in between the pins in the pin grid.

I was wondering if anyone else has run into this problem. On another note if anyone can recommend me a method to polish copper it would be much appreciated. Somehow I stained or had some kind of deposit on the bottom of my Fuzion.
    Clean the copper with some ketchup then flush with distilled and polish with a very soft cloth.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    Clean the copper with some ketchup then flush with distilled and polish with a very soft cloth.
    Or some Tarn-X! Works well too.

My fuzion I got last summer didn't have anything abnormal about the gasket.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher
    The FuZion I got at the end of last year had a LOT of flash on the o-ring between the top plate and the mid-plate, but the flash came off really easily. I had pulled the block apart before installing it, which is how I noticed the flash.

Eller

Desktop: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz | P5E | 2x2 Gb G.Skill PC8000 | GTX 560 Ti | CM690 | TT TP 750 watt | Win 7 Pro x64 | Water Cooling
    Server: i3 530 (Stock) | CM Vortex Low-Profile | Zotac H55-ITX WIFI | 2x2Gb Corsair 1333Mhz | IGP | VX450 | Server 2008 R2 x64

I am Xtreme
    Does everyone just make it a habit to pull apart brand new blocks lol. I am normally to scared to risk damaging the gaskets on water blocks to even think of taking them apart.
    Located in the Caribbean and wouldn't know where to find replacement stuff like that!
    Thermaltake Xaser VI Case
    ASUS P7P55 Motherboard
    Intel i7 870
    AMD 4870X2
    8 gigs of OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3
    CoolIt Boreas 12 TEC CPU cooler
    Coolermaster UCP-1100W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22
    I find it exceedingly humorous how you sit here and continue to play keyboard warrior even though you know you are wrong.

Xtreme Member
    I think that water cooling attracts inquisitive/curious folks with a DIY attitude. Oh and people who aren't afraid to void a warranty or three.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by biglipzit View Post
    Does everyone just make it a habit to pull apart brand new blocks lol. I am normally to scared to risk damaging the gaskets on water blocks to even think of taking them apart.
    Located in the Caribbean and wouldn't know where to find replacement stuff like that!
    You have to take it apart to put the nozzle kit in it. That's probably why most people pull it apart. I took it apart to clean it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I took mine apart both to clean it before I put it in the loop, and also to install the nozzle kit.

Eller

Desktop: Q6600 G0 @ 3.6 Ghz | P5E | 2x2 Gb G.Skill PC8000 | GTX 560 Ti | CM690 | TT TP 750 watt | Win 7 Pro x64 | Water Cooling
    Server: i3 530 (Stock) | CM Vortex Low-Profile | Zotac H55-ITX WIFI | 2x2Gb Corsair 1333Mhz | IGP | VX450 | Server 2008 R2 x64

I am Xtreme
    Yeah, I had the same problem too. A quick trim and all was good.

I think that water cooling attracts inquisitive/curious folks with a DIY attitude. Oh and people who aren't afraid to void a warranty or three.

OT: Why does that frog look like a hollow?
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Mentor
    Disassembly doesn't void the warranty.
    I disassemble every block I get before use. Routinely find seal flash, thread cutting swarf (especially acetal topped blocks) that all needs to be removed.

V-Twin WIP

Q6600 G0
    EVGA680i
    4GB OCZ
    8800GTX
    LC - Dual loops.
    Dual 20.1 monitors.

Banned
    you need to inspect interior of block, so that there wont be any surprises when you run your loop...

like what jedda said, there maybe some shavings that may cause blockage to your loop if you dont inspect your blocks properly...

Banned
    My Fuzion got the same flash on the gasket and I trimmed it. Look like it's almost the norm for the Fuzion to have this.

Memory Addict
    no probs with my fuzion, maybe bad batch ?
    ---

I pulled my apart to place a washer for a nice bow, when it got it from the postman and there was to such problem. Maybe a case of bad batch. If some people are afraid of lossing warrants by pulling their hardware apart, then they shouldn´t be watercooling in the first place.
    Last edited by Shocker003; 02-09-2008 at 05:46 AM.

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Xtreme Member
    Ok, I feel a lot better now. I was curious because the Fuzion has two gaskets. The one on top had a bit too much flash but the one on the bottom seemed perfectly formed. Now that things are clean I don't think there is an issue.

Thanks for the suggestions on how to clean the block base. I was leak testing my loop with my RD-30, and looked in shock as some of tubing blasted off sending water everywhere. My entire loop was drenched with water. I kind of left it that way and I think that is how I stained the base of my block. Now its time to find worm drive clamps.

Xtreme Member
    An RD-30 and no clamps?

Isn't that, ummmm, "optimistic" to say the least?

Glad nothing got fried.

J

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biglipzit View Post
    I take apart everything I can before I run it the first time. Even stuff like PSU's where it voids the warrenty.

You have to check up your virgin before you doom it to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'm just not seeing the beneift to the AMD stuff right now. I mean it's fun to play with, but so is your willy and it only lasts so long before you need something else to do.

Memory Addict
    found photos of mine when i installed the 4.5mm noozle

---

Banned
    Well said.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    t isn't flash. The people that were assembling the blocks were using black RTV silicon in addition to the o-rings. Totally unnecessary and the issue was resolved once Danny found out about it...

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    t isn't flash. The people that were assembling the blocks were using black RTV silicon in addition to the o-rings. Totally unnecessary and the issue was resolved once Danny found out about it...
    I see now, this explain why the bottom o-ring is clean and the top isn't. Nobody in the right mind would slap messy o-rings in the blocks. I assume current Fuzion blocks for sale doesn't have RTV silicon anymore ?

Xtreme Member
    No offense, but if the stain is just discoloration and it's on the bottom where it won't be seen, why are you worried about getting rid of it? I used to fret over stuff like that, but it's not going to affect performance or (visible) appearance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast