Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reached 100 Posts DO I get to see For Sale?

Xtreme Member
    Ahahahah misticmerlyn, you made my day with that picture.

Well folks, I didn't know about any sales section in here, and I'm now feeling a little strange: you can see my post count, and now "Oh my God, Vapor is looking at me 'till 100!"... Eheh just partially joking, I'm really not into the sales thing and sure I don't need flooding, but the sensation that I'm observed now remains

More seriously, the state of things that I'm feeling is that anyone can possibly be in bad lights while being a newcomer (err, sorry for my English here...), and I think, having no other way to say "Hello, I'm honest", I owe you something like big "thanks" for this great place. You don't even imagine the amount of interesting and precious things I learned, following threads for a month or so... In addition to some direct help received by experienced members with good thoughts.

Italian hardware-related forums are flooded by pretend-to-know-everything kids all the time, something I strangely don't notice here. I'm happy with this and feel no one should ever think about the sales section, until it appears in his columns and he says "Oh, what is this" (like it would have happened to me, if I didn't discover this thread).

That's my sincere opinion.
    Giacomo

Xtreme Member
    Its more difficult when people are trying make deals with you through pms and they want you to view their for sale page

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by smee View Post
    Yea sure, here you go:

(BTW, I edited out the identity's )

But anyhow, thats what the for sale forum looks like...
    Um you forget the flashing lights, the free flowing alcohol and the women!
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Hahaha!! very funny phelen....
    Main: oo7
    i7 920 D0 (4Ghz) || Asrock X58 Extreme
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 || HIS HD 6850 1GB
    Corsair HX850 PSU || 2x Seagate 500GB 7200.12
    3x Dell E2311H 23" LED LCD (Eyefinity)

[Flickr] - Canon 30D || 50mm f/1.8 PRIME || 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Don't tell all the secrets phelan

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] mysticmerlin View Post
    Don't tell all the secrets phelan
    Oh Damn..........sorry, then I won't say anything about the daily contest of free hardware either................Charles might get mad.
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can see in there, but I cant post.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
    I can see in there, but I cant post.
    You can't post reply's to threads, you have to send the person PM's (Private Messages) instead. It keeps the sale section clean.

You can make a new thread yourself, and reply to your own thread, but thats about it.
    Main: oo7
    i7 920 D0 (4Ghz) || Asrock X58 Extreme
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 || HIS HD 6850 1GB
    Corsair HX850 PSU || 2x Seagate 500GB 7200.12
    3x Dell E2311H 23" LED LCD (Eyefinity)

[Flickr] - Canon 30D || 50mm f/1.8 PRIME || 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    I didnt even notice there was a for sale section until I had close to 1k posts. Since I didnt buy or sell a single thing, nor have look at it, I just dont care

If you expect uber CPUs are being sold there for next to nothing, then you are comletely wrong
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    I didnt even notice there was a for sale section until I had close to 1k posts. Since I didnt buy or sell a single thing, nor have look at it, I just dont care

If you expect uber CPUs are being sold there for next to nothing, then you are comletely wrong
    but...but...but what about smee's screenshot?!?!?!1!

The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Mentor
    lawl... this is a funny thread

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    but...but...but what about smee's screenshot?!?!?!1!

well I did get a 900+$ Cpu for 300 once.

Okay on a serious note for all the under 100post count crowd that read this thread.

IF you gain access to the 4/sale section you Might find a piece of not so new hardware for say...........50-100$ less then retail and that is being VERY optimistic. As for the type of hardware, the same parts you can get any pretty much any other forum, Anandtech, [H], etc.

However, the likely hood of getting screwed over is much less based on my experience and in the nearly three years I have been on this forum, I have maybe bought a dozen or so items. At least one time I almost got screwed over but was able to recover my parts.

There is no Special aspect to this thread other then at the very least we try to be able to trust one another and though XS is not legally responsible for the transactions that happen here, if someone tries to get over on another member, some of the members here be it an one of the admin/mods and even just the regular members look out for each other as with most forums that try to not let crap like that happen.

I know my rant won't discourage those that come here with high expectations only to be denied cause they think they can get SUPER AWESOME deals. Really, we are a community as any other forum, just that the rules were set in place to make it a little more difficult to get access to the 4/Sale section. Oh, and there is not a stream of hardware constantly available, if anything, there are few posts per week/month let alone day.

if any of the established members disagree with my statement then please do say so, but that is pretty much how I have come to see XS as a whole, and in each and every thread I frequent.
    Last edited by phelan1777; 03-10-2008 at 07:18 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yeah but that's where I got my SkullTrail for $150 shipped
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
    Yeah but that's where I got my SkullTrail for $150 shipped
    WOW did you over pay for that One on there now for $85 with CPU's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seeing as we are on this subject, I just have to say that there are guys on this forum that have been members for less time than me yet they have thousands of posts. It makes me wonder if they actually have a life away from their overclocking

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Overclocking is life
    If you join WCG your post count will sky rocket trust me. We have a lot of fun in our little corner of XS

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by DFI pit bull View Post
    Seeing as we are on this subject, I just have to say that there are guys on this forum that have been members for less time than me yet they have thousands of posts. It makes me wonder if they actually have a life away from their overclocking
    look @ my avg post, just under 5 a day, figure, spend about 20 minutes, reading recent posts, skimming the new posts, and usually I am just responding to on going conversations :P.

There are days when I don't post @ all, because I don't check out the forum though my PC is almost never off, so it shows me logged in.

Xtreme Member

OVERCLOCK TEAM HOLLAND

http://www.overclocking-holland.nl/

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by diezel View Post
    Wow Nice 4 hour run to the 100 ....

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] mysticmerlin View Post
    Wow Nice 4 hour run to the 100 ....

jep i wanna buy some hardware mate !!
    Last edited by diezel; 03-15-2008 at 04:04 AM.

OVERCLOCK TEAM HOLLAND

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    jep i wanna buy some hardware mate !!
    Then I would recommend newegg , I seriously doubt you will ever see the for sale section since you spammed the majority of your posts in the last two days.
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    2X HD4850's water cooled , volt modded
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu
    4x Seagate 250GB in RAID 0
    8GB crucial ballistix ram

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Then I would recommend newegg , I seriously doubt you will ever see the for sale section since you spammed the majority of your posts in the last two days.

jep i am sorry mate it is wrong of me

OVERCLOCK TEAM HOLLAND

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I've always thought a specific number of posts was a bit of a silly requirement anyway for exactly this reason. Perhaps a merit-based system instead?
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Addict
    Mate, you're screwed.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    I've always thought a specific number of posts was a bit of a silly requirement anyway for exactly this reason. Perhaps a merit-based system instead?
    Agreed, but most earn it after ~100 posts, and it's a really automatic way to allow people in.

And it's also really easy to spot someone posting for access, such as diezel here. Then we remove access, such like I did with diezel here. Then we write down their names and date removed and reassess a few months down the road--with diezel here, we won't have to do it for about a year+...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast