Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phenom 9500 @ 2.8 in M2n-SLI deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by KTE View Post
    Spend many weeks on Phenom before concluding anything. It's an odd CPU and a new architecture, not K8 or C2.

yeah I think the same thing. its full of new behaviors and bottlenecks. until we get a more mature Stepping like B3 or at least we hope we can start seeing more common results rather than such randomness. I also thinks its the Motheboards too, Im hopping Nvidia 780a will pwn some face and give us more setting to play arround with and not have to pay over $200 a for a freaking Mobo that has 4 PCI-E x16 slots that most of us will never use. I run 8800GTS in SLI. so as long as its got 2 PCI-E im good to go.

Im Kinda bored right now so im gonna try to see if I can get this baby at 2.9Ghz. i'll be back with the results in about an hour.

*****update
    cant go anything higher that 260Mhz on the FSB for a total of 2.85 the Proc seems stable but as soon as I anything thats memory instansive I crash Hard.
    Its kinda what I was expecting since the M2n-SLI Deluxe is not the OCers mobo of choise and it was my only choise that I could afford if I wanted to keep SLI go Phenom. 2.8Ghz phenom is fun for me.... for now....
    Last edited by dcfan60; 02-04-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Update

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfan60 View Post
    yeah I think the same thing. its full of new behaviors and bottlenecks. until we get a more mature Stepping like B3 or at least we hope we can start seeing more common results rather than such randomness. I also thinks its the Motheboards too, Im hopping Nvidia 780a will pwn some face and give us more setting to play arround with and not have to pay over $200 a for a freaking Mobo that has 4 PCI-E x16 slots that most of us will never use. I run 8800GTS in SLI. so as long as its got 2 PCI-E im good to go.

Im Kinda bored right now so im gonna try to see if I can get this baby at 2.9Ghz. i'll be back with the results in about an hour.

*****update
    cant go anything higher that 260Mhz on the FSB for a total of 2.85 the Proc seems stable but as soon as I anything thats memory instansive I crash Hard.
    Its kinda what I was expecting since the M2n-SLI Deluxe is not the OCers mobo of choise and it was my only choise that I could afford if I wanted to keep SLI go Phenom. 2.8Ghz phenom is fun for me.... for now....
    Give yourself a Big pat on the Back

2.7 is a huge Goal with a Phenom and AM2+ mobo even
    "AMD...Like the perfect Storm,...Everything needs to be just right"
    X555x4SuperCore@4450mhz@1.64v..........

RYZEN 7 1800x/ ASUS ROG STRIX VEGA64/ =EK NICKEL WB, Feser THC 2x360 1x480
    X470 Gigabyte Aorus7, Patriot 3400mhz 16gb dual2x8
    SSD Samsung 970pro,,860EVO

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcmtl View Post
    hey KTE, do you know any way of changing NB multi on an AM2 board?
    Yes, the good 'ol oc'ing ways.

Check SoldnerMofo's thread on his 2.9-3GHz 9500, which has the instructions on using WPCREDIT in the OS to change NB multiplier after rebooting and not booting into the BIOS but directly into the OS. Opening CPUZ will (or should) show the NB speed and the NB multi will be changed.

I wrote a lengthy reply before this but my Fx crashed and I'e lost it with the links, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by dcfan60 View Post
    Your board lacks Ganged/Unganged mode, split power planes, HT 3.0 and PCIe 2.0 options, right?

*****update
    Nb multi?
    If you say 9x, then I reckon it'll go higher like with everyone elses who had a 9500/9600.

Any 3dMark06, Cinebench 10, POV-Ray benchmarks at 2.8G?

As for stability, only factory like stability is stable TBH but being able to run benchmarks at an unstable setting is always handy.

Best AM2 MHz I've seen with Phenom yet though.

Yes, the good 'ol oc'ing ways.
    Your board lacks Ganged/Unganged mode, split power planes, HT 3.0 and PCIe 2.0 options, right?

Oh yeah. M2n-sli deluxe is a AM2 socket and aNvidia 570sli chipset im even runnig at 8x PCI-E when I run SLI. this board is now of the first 570-sli mobos if not mistaken.

Im donwloading 3dmark06. I run a score with the SLI and sigle.

OK I got my 3d Mark 06 score. and this is what it gave me for my Score
    for some reason it didnt detect my CPU?

http://service.futuremark.com/orb/re...0&UID=13926146

Xtreme Mentor
    Yeah Futuremark has a lot of errors with detecting system info for a long while now.

What CPU/NB/HT/RAM MHz did you run that at? It looks like a 2.6G run to me.. ?

Yeah Futuremark has a lot of errors with detecting system info for a long while now.

What CPU/NB/HT/RAM MHz did you run that at? It looks like a 2.6G run to me.. ?
    2.8 Ghz Phenom
    678 Ram 5-5-5-15 2T
    HT at 1275Mhz
    2296 Mhz NB
    Windows Vista x64
    8800 GTS 640 SLI 625/979
    Nvidia 169.25 Drivers.

is it really that bad???
    I think the score is low cuz of the crapy RAM 678 RAM and the Low HT compared to the Socket AM2+.
    i'll run it again and post some other gaming benchmarks too.
    im moving tomorrow so I wont be back till after tomorrow.

Xtreme Mentor
    For that config, yes.

3700 CPU ->?
    I get 39xx at 2.62G on XP and 37xx at 2.53G, and the deficit on Vista is -200 points but (-)100-150 if you have a higher end card (like yours).

I get 40xx at 2.68G CPU, <2G NB and <900MHz on RAM in XP.

Put your HT up and re-run, put it to 2G at least. If NB is at 2.3G, then HT can do that too.

Your NB is way too high for stock NB volts. It'll start getting unstable very soon if it continues that high IMO, unless you feed it additional voltage. Drop NB to 1.6/1.8G and you'll very likely hit more MHz.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Seems like you're running single gfx too, or maybe orb is reading wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12