Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DFI problems

I am Xtreme

Thumbs down DFI problems

folks: DFI is an absolute POS. I have 2 dead DFI mobos & another one more flakey than a packet of cornflakes.

Dead:
    DFI Venus
    DFI Expert

Reason: Unknown! Both these boards never even posted when they came to me.

Flakey:
    (only one guess here): CFX3200

Reason: who knows... but we all know DFI screwed us over with ABSOLUTLEY NO SUPPORT for us 'loyal' customers

To top it of, I tried RMA'ing the CFX3200 - it took 2 months the first time! - in the end I never got my $$$ back nor a working mobo. & DFIs reason for the mobo not working? " Due to overclocking " LOL. If you go to the DFI home page - thats pretty much the only thing they advertise their boards for. & of course my problems were there @ stock. What an absolute insult to my intelligence - " due to overclocking " GFY DFI.

rubbish products, very *very* poor customer support/service.

DFI?

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

Xtreme Legend
    lol that's a bit extreme hahaha

are they really that bad
    i had a lot of love from their NF4 boards
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    are they really that bad
    *nods head frantically* HELL YEAH

heatware / ebay

I am Xtreme
    say, just out of curiousity whats DFI 'support' like in the USA? (pff DFI & 'support' in the same sentence... shouldnt exist)

heatware / ebay

I guess everyones experience is different. Ive had an NF4 UltraD which I sold and bought an SLI-DR. Never had an issue with it.

Think its dead now though as its been gathering dust since I got my Crosshair heh. Pretty sure it was failing anyway. Not bad for 18 months heavy OC usage I guess.
    < MB / CPU > Asus X99 Pro / Intel Core i7 5820K
    < MEM / GFX >Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 / EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti SC ACX
    < PSU / HSF > OCZ Z-Series 1000W / Phanteks 140PE
    < CASE / OS > Phanteks Enthoo Primo / Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    < STORAGE > Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - Samsung 840 250GB - 2 x Seagate Barracuda 3TB - Intel Intel X25-M 80GB

Xtreme Legend
    i can tell i had a really good experiences with all DFI mobo i run, from the age of lanparty NF2.
    NF4 modded to SLI D rocked really good for me, and recently the blood&iron P35 and the 680i LT gave me a lot of satisfaction ...
    Sorry for my bad english, I'm from italy

Xtreme Addict
    I have several Experts and one Venus. They are all still going strong. I received the Venus the day it was released. Since that day it's been running an Opti at 3.0GHz with 2GB of memory at 275MHz. With all the hardware I have it's still my 24/7 rig. Has never given me any problem.

If you received two boards DOA they should have went back to the place of purchase then not bring it up two years later.

Xtreme Member
    My DFI's still running strong. Having 3 flakey boards is bad luck though, I don't know what to make of that.
    >> i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz | CM212Plus + P12 | P55-UD3R [BIOS F2] | 4GB G.Skill CL8 | Zotac GTX 580
    .: 4 x 1TB WD | Corsair TX750 | Lian Li PC-A70A | X-Fi | Logitech Z-2300

Aint No Real Gangster
    Quote Originally Posted by tiro_uspsss View Post
    folks: DFI is an absolute POS. I have 2 dead DFI mobos & another one more flakey than a packet of cornflakes.

Dead:
    DFI Venus
    DFI Expert

Reason: Unknown! Both these boards never even posted when they came to me.

Flakey:
    (only one guess here): CFX3200

Reason: who knows... but we all know DFI screwed us over with ABSOLUTLEY NO SUPPORT for us 'loyal' customers

To top it of, I tried RMA'ing the CFX3200 - it took 2 months the first time! - in the end I never got my $$$ back nor a working mobo. & DFIs reason for the mobo not working? " Due to overclocking " LOL. If you go to the DFI home page - thats pretty much the only thing they advertise their boards for. & of course my problems were there @ stock. What an absolute insult to my intelligence - " due to overclocking " GFY DFI.

rubbish products, very *very* poor customer support/service.

DFI?

NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN

Did you buy them used? Those boards have been discontinued a long time ago.

Also, I've ran DFI since NF2. Never a problem that wasn't caused by my mistake.
    Specs
    Asus 780i Striker II Formula
    Intel E8400 Wolfdale @ 4050Mhz
    2x2GB OCZ Platinum @ 1200Mhz 5-4-3-18
    MSI 5850 1000Mhz/5000Mhz
    Wester Digital Black 2TB
    Antec Quatro 850W

Cooling
    Swiftech Apogee
    Swiftech MCP-600
    HardwareLabes Black Ice Extreme 2

Audio Setup
    X-fi w/AD8066, Clock mod, & polymer caps > PPAV2 > Grado SR60 & Grado SR325i & Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro & Beyerdynamic DT990 & AKG K701 & Denon D2000

Xtreme Addict
    I like DFI myself, but I do agree 100&#37; that their service is terrible. Boards and BIOS are good tho, IMO anyway.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Addict
    Had 4 nf2 boards go out on me with the warm boot issue, never touched them again. Not worth it, and every iteration has its problems as well. Unless something changes, my next board will be Tyan or something.

I've really had a lot problems with DFI, but none of their boards died on me.

SSD faster than your HDD
    Expert in this workstation, ICFX3200 going strong, 590 SLI AM2 going in this workstation, LanParty P35 that out-clocks any board I have here at the moment.

DFI has been very good to me.

Xtreme Addict
    Eh sounds like bum luck, but I think you're jumping the gun here.

I agree their service is a bit lacking, but I've never had problems with their products.

In fact.. i've never had anything but hard drives die on me for any reason other than my error.

Sad to hear their customer service let you down, but honestly their products aren't any more likely to break than any other brand's. I realize "problems with DFI" or "why I won't buy DFI again" wouldn't have been quite as fun of a thread title, but it would've been a bit more appropriate.

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!

My S939 NF4 Ultra-D took a beating and never complained, probably the best board I had ever used.

We are talking about 2 years worth of gaming, 1 year with the system under 100&#37; load including 3D most days of the week, sometimes even running 2x MMO game clients for days at a time without a problem.

It took all the BIOS tweaking I could throw at it, snapping right back every time from a failed overclock or memory timing. There was nothing I could do to break it, short of physical abuse
    Last edited by Soulburner; 01-30-2008 at 02:10 PM.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    My S939 NF4 Ultra-D took a beating and never complained, probably the best board I had ever used.

We are talking about 2 years worth of gaming, 1 year with the system under 100% load including 3D most days of the week, sometimes even running 2x MMO game clients for days at a time without a problem.

It took all the BIOS tweaking I could throw at it, snapping right back every time from a failed overclock or memory timing. There was nothing I could do to break it, short of physical abuse
    same with all the DFI boards i've ever had sorry bout your bum luck for getting 3 bad ones
    CPU Q6600 @ 3.15Ghz D-tek CPU Block
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R 350Mhz FSB
    RAM G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK DDR2 1066
    GPU Nvidia 8800GT MCW-60 700Mhz Core 1.0 GHz Mem
    PSU Cooler Master realPower 550W
    Storage 3 500 GB WD Caviar SE16 in RAID 0 + 300gb WD
    Misc. CM stacker STC-T01 w/ Cross-flow fan, 2 MCR-320 Rads, DCC 355 W/ Petras Top, 12 YateLoon D12SL-12, ~12ft Tygon 9/16 ID tubing

Crunching for [XS]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujimitsu View Post
    I agree their service is a bit lacking.
    It is the worst IMO, Im sure you read the RMA horror stories. It's like they have a list of excuses to reject RMA that they choose from randomly when you send them a board. If it wasnt for oskar they would be non-existent.
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by tiro_uspsss View Post
    say, just out of curiousity whats DFI 'support' like in the USA? (pff DFI & 'support' in the same sentence... shouldnt exist)
    DFI's support is one person in San Francisco -.-
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    ummmm no.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    if so then i need to go in person when i get a problem
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    ummmm no.
    That's what I saw somewhere, after the official support forum (DFI Street) was sold
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

SSD faster than your HDD
    DFI Street was not sold, the same person still owns it, its just called DIY-Street and he no longer works for DFI.

The official DFI support forum is right here: http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/ and is staffed by DFI support personnel as well as other helpful members.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    DFI Street was not sold, the same person still owns it, its just called DIY-Street and he no longer works for DFI.

The official DFI support forum is right here: http://csd.dficlub.org/forum/ and is staffed by DFI support personnel as well as other helpful members.
    Ahh, ok.
    Thanks!

Title changed.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Addict
    I've had two DFIs, the 965-s dark and the one in my sig.

The latest one is great, no problems at all. My only gripe would be that the sata ports and the memory slots are cheap and flimsy for a high end enthusiast board that needs to be physically accessed a lot. I was surprised by that when I first built it up. Otherwise completely great board and bios - 5 stars.

The 965-s dark was really poor quality. The whining coils were just too much. I boxed it up and shipped it back the same day.

Never called support because the only issues I had were obvious. Never posted at DFI Club, but I read articles linked in the thread for my board which were helpful. I must say that the guys who buy DFI off the shelf and post results here (dfi faithful) are the best feature of these motherboards. Comparing notes with other unbiased users is the bomb. Some of the sponsored guys seem a little defensive at times but very helpful too. : )

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast