Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retire me quicker

Here to help

Retire me quicker

Well its been a real pleasure forming this team and leading it However all good things must come to an end.

I'll retire when we reach the top 50, that looks like 6 months tops away.

Lets make it quicker. Are we up to getting shot of me as quick as possible? ....................

Thought so, so lets make it happen.

And lets all look over the next 6 months at who we think would make a good replacement.

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

XS Mad Scientist
    What does retire mean? Stop folding? Stop chatting with us here? Go sailing around the world? Pull a UnG and disappear in a puff of logic only to mysteriously reappear 2 years later?

Here to help
    Not at all, I'll still fold and still post. I just feel that the team needs a new captain once we are in the top 50. I dont think my layed back style will cut it.

I hope to still be pushing for top ten on the team

Regards

John.

"Thermodynamics is a funny subject. The first time you go through it, you don't understand it at all. The second time you go through it, you think you understand it, except for one or two points. The third time you go through it, you know you don't understand it, but by that time you are so used to that subject, it doesn't bother you anymore".

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
    Not at all, I'll still fold and still post. I just feel that the team needs a new captain once we are in the top 50. I dont think my layed back style will cut it.

I hope to still be pushing for top ten on the team

Regards

John.
    I'll let you in on a little secret John.
    The Xs FAH team wouldn't be the same if you weren't at the helm.
    Your"laid back sytle"as you phrased it is perfect for this team.
    I'll let you in on another little secret. If I wasn't so into WCG I'd be here just because of you..Respect and admiration, that simple.
    So please rethink your plans my friend.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think you style is just fine for the team.You have kept this thing rolling so I guess you know whats best.I would have no problem with you staying as the leader.Are you sure your not just tired of saying "post the log file here and I will look at it."?
    Anyways thanks for all the support you have given to team 36362

07-11-2005
    .... When we get in the top 1000, thats only days away, we will then get better individual stats with overtake and production figures for all the members, thats when we will really take off
    John.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'll just change my sig to "Fold for XS or I'll post nekkid pics of meself"

INTEL Q6600 L737B075 400@x9 1.385v--Abit IP35 pro--4 gb Gskill 4-4-4-12 -Ati 6870-Dell 2407fp @1920x1200

XS Mad Scientist
    I wanted to chime in with my concurrence with the above. I absolutely love your style for this community. I like the laid back style. I like the friendliness that is infused in the rivalries. I like XS F@H. I certainly can understand if you just feel it's time, but....if I got to run the universe, you'd keep on for good

Da Goose
    pythagoras.....

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Xtreme Cruncher
    I've always enjoyed & paid note of your posts ever since the great ex[ḫ]odus of 2002 that brought us both here.
    I vote Πυθαγόρας six more years!
    DeXter::2xXeon2.4@3200, GF6800, PC-DL, 1gb Centon, IWT+panaflo air, Win7
    Quad::Q6600(g0)@3400(1.30V), GTX275, 965P-DS3, 4gb HyperX, Asus SilentSquare (air), Win7_64U
    NuQuad::Q9400@3300(1.24V), 8800GT, G31M-ES2L, 2gb Patriot, stock air (bigger Q6600 one), WinXP64
    Crunch::E4300@2400, onboard, GF7100PVT-M3, 2gb Patriot CL5, stock air, Vista64U

Your unwavering involvement got this team where it is. There's something to be said for endurance, just ask the little lady
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    aww an OC virgin! lose it tonight with Xtremesystems!!!

Xtreme Cruncher
    So what is it, 6-7 years of folding... achievement of it's own
    I've been at F@H ~2,5 years and feels like ages already

Can understand the need to take some slack... Captain has guided us through really rough places ... I'll stop to this cause I'm about to start babble...
    ...just

XS_THE_MACHINE
    I just ckd. the calender and it is not April 1st. I haven't been drinking so it's got to be the glasses, (note to self: have eyes ckd.)
    My hearing is ok and i hear the drums beating from the restless natives. The drums say John must be drinking
    Your style is perfect for us and we would be grateful if you would reconsider.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Yep, perfect style for us laid back folders.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    See John, like Sally Fields at the Academy awards a few years ago:
    They like me, they really like me"
    Sorry pal, your in for a life term barring carpal tunnel or blindness..
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sc00p View Post
    ...just
    Keep at it John! Would be hard to replace an old skool folder like you
    Last edited by jimwah; 01-29-2008 at 02:27 AM.

Here to help
    Looks like I'll need to have a re-think

However, this is conditional on a full, frank and open dialogue, between us all. Any problems or suggestions for improvements should be encouraged.

I have the ego of a gnat so please air any concerns.

Regards

John.

What's to be open about? As you've said, it's not about ego and you're quite open to whatever ideas we manage to come up with. Let's carry on. Folks seem content that our team style is laid back.

Except for Sparky. He's a total basket case, quite in contrast to my mild nearly asleep approach. I'd give him a wet willy but he's too far away

We seem to be doing well lately to boot. Besides, I like being able to raise cain elsewhere and just blame it all on the teams captain (I swear Pythogoras put me up to , honest Injun)
    "Foldin, Foldin, Foldin...keep those benchers foldin..." (Lyrics by Angra, Music is Rawhide)

BOYCOTT MIR's

Here to help
    Is a wet willy universal

Wandersome Cruncher
    Hi Pythagoras.........

Seems to me that your leadership style with your team is highly regarded....from one capn to another, keep up the good work and keep these XS folders in line

Ex folder over n out
    Visit The Boinc Bar Today

Boinc Boinc......The first 50 mil is the hardest!
    POEM U.K number one.....woot

What's to be open about? As you've said, it's not about ego and you're quite open to whatever ideas we manage to come up with. Let's carry on. Folks seem content that our team style is laid back.

Except for Sparky. He's a total basket case, quite in contrast to my mild nearly asleep approach. I'd give him a wet willy but he's too far away

We seem to be doing well lately to boot. Besides, I like being able to raise cain elsewhere and just blame it all on the teams captain (I swear Pythogoras put me up to , honest Injun)
    Hey I like the laid back style too generally, but every group just has to have a noisemaker! I just can't help it
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Is a wet willy universal
    Uhm... I sure as hell hope it means the same thing everywhere.

BOYCOTT MIR's

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Looks like I'll need to have a re-think

However, this is conditional on a full, frank and open dialogue, between us all. Any problems or suggestions for improvements should be encouraged.

I have the ego of a gnat so please air any concerns.

Regards

John.
    There isn't much in this world that is perfect the way it is but you here leading the F@H team is one of the exceptions.
    Meant to be this way and would be a lesser thing if lead by someone else.
    So be quiet, stop typing, grab a part time job and save up for a new Yorkie and make this team grow. The Yorkies use less power and run cooler.
    That ought to make the missus happy when she sees the electric bill!
    Last edited by Movieman; 02-02-2008 at 07:20 PM.

Of course, the XSDC cure-all medication - go buy more hardware

But what about the credit card bill
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Cruncher

But yes... Pythagoras:
    -clean up the stickies please
    -and jimwah's and sparky's guide should be on them
    -actually our guides are all over the place right now

And what if we make sure it covers all of the clients while we're at it...

Xtreme Member
    LIKE MY GUIDE......woot
    I'll just change my sig to "Fold for XS or I'll post nekkid pics of meself"

Well organizing threads and guides is basic housekeeping from a Mod point of view (I cleaned up in here a couple years ago Pythogras you need a new maid ) but has little to do with the team really.

I'll make a post with a link to the guides, we can sticky that one and let all the various guides drop as they'll be all in the one sticky.

BOYCOTT MIR's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast