Thread: Whats the deal with crysis?

Brilliant Idiot

Whats the deal with crysis?

I think i'm at the last level and I'm aiming at the "ship" arm where the transport vehicle is shining a light and the damn tec gun refuses to get a lock....I must have aimed that thing at every square inch......of the left weapon......one time it started to "lock" then I couldn't get it to work anymore......I must be missing something........I've hit mouse, 1 mouse 2, just aimed.............nada......
    heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Brilliant Idiot
    NM apparently the gun didn't feel like working, I replayed the whole level and it auto locked on fine.........that was about 10mins of my life i'll never get back...........
    heatware chew*

Banned
    lol thats what happened to me... then it decided to overwright my saves so i didnt actually get to the end...

I am Xtreme
    just shoot round after round at the 'thing' and then he should die.. and the real boss should come out
    2013 Rig: Mythlogic Pollux 1713: i7 4800, 16GB 14900 Corsair, AMD8970, 840 Pro RAID 0 (128gb), 265GB 840 Pro, 1TB HDD, Killer 1202, Win 7 x64
    PREVIOUS Desktop:EVGA E760 3-Way, 2x 5870, Corsair GT 6gb 1600, i7-920 @ 4.35ghz 1.42v, GTZ, EVGA waterblock, 2xthrmchil120.3+mcp655, Silverstone DA1kW, ARC-1220
    Laptop- ASUS G50V-A2@3GHz w/2gb RAM G.Skill
    Car: 01 T/A WS6 http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631954
    ...Ur car is sneezing?!...
    Help Save Lives Join World Community Grid!

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by ZL1Killa View Post
    just shoot round after round at the 'thing' and then he should die.. and the real boss should come out
    Um yah that big thing was already spanked by my shotgun, actually a little to easy. I was referring to the bigger thing after the big thing......was getting real annoying hearing her tell me to lock on with the tac gun when the damn thing wouldn't.......
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Addict
    I had zero issue with it. I if not mistaken you had to blow some stuff up prior to firing the tac though.
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Sapphire 7950 VaporX 1150/1500 w/ 1.2V/1.5V | 32C Idle / 64C Load | 2x 128Gig Crucial M4 SSD's
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 3x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Brilliant Idiot
    nah its a bug......imagine that......i replayed the level 4 times with diff save points.....2 out of the 4 times it would not lock on the target....def a glitch in the game. It actually figures that i would get a glitch at the very end as the game played smoothly for me and I ran into no glitches , etc vehicles stuck and or getting stuck on rocks and stuff that other people complained about.

Found an easy way to kill the 4 legged thing also.......run under him piss him off with the shotgun till your outa ammo.....he grabbed me tossed me up on the bridge (lol) and i plucked him in the head with 3 rockets and the bigger shotgun.

aslo if you get frozen spin your mouse quickly and you unfreeze.
    Last edited by chew*; 02-05-2008 at 01:53 PM.
    heatware chew*

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i thought it would only lock on after the shield was knocked down by the vtol flying ship thingy?

"Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity"

=======
    Q6600 @ 3.6 / TRUE (both lapped)
    P5Q Deluxe
    4Gb Corsair DominatRIX 1066Mhz
    1Gb HD 4870 + HR03-GT
    2 x 320gb WD3200AAKS RAID-0
    Thermaltake Toughpower 850
    X-Fi Fatality / SR-71 Amp > Sennheiser HD650's & Logitech Z-5500
    HP W2207 TFT

and me??? Powered by absolut, kebabs, tramadol & a new liver

Brilliant Idiot
    thats correct, but the shield was knocked down........she doesn't prompt you to lock on if the shield isn't down..........
    heatware chew*

I had the same issue. Also the Alien Hunter (big walky thingy) fell through the deck a couple of times, so I had to revert to an earlier save.

One hecka buggy game. :/
    AMD Phenom 9600+ @ 2.62 GHz | MSI K9A2-Platinum | 8GB GeIL PC2-6400 | ATI Radeon HD 3870XT (x2) | X-Fi Gamer | 1.5 Tb | Antec P190 | 24" Samsung WUXGA | Vista Ultimate x64

First knock out the four turrets with rockets ,(stay very close to the monster the whole time) then the woman takes down the shield on the left cannon (arm) and you get a lock on it with the tac gun fire once to take it out.
    Do the same for the right cannon (arm) after she takes down its shield. Last wait for the center part of the monster to open (it keeps opening and closing) get a lock and fire once to kill the monster.
    The aircraft will pick you up to the far right.

Xtreme Mentor
    interestingly enough the first time through I noticed absolutely 0 bugs(unless you count not 100% perfect physics but ehh still more accurate than most things)

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    First knock out the four turrets with rockets ,(stay very close to the monster the whole time) then the woman takes down the shield on the left cannon (arm) and you get a lock on it with the tac gun fire once to take it out.
    Do the same for the right cannon (arm) after she takes down its shield. Last wait for the center part of the monster to open (it keeps opening and closing) get a lock and fire once to kill the monster.
    The aircraft will pick you up to the far right.
    Heh i did beat it, and yes that is the way its supposed to happen providing that "the tac gun actually locks" which in my case it didn't, so its either a bug in the game or crytek did it intentionally.......after all it was a "prototype" maybe it works when it wants to.
    heatware chew*