Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HD-DVD the beginning of the end...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post
    So you guys must have the inside scoop then, huh? Didn't realize you were such insiders.
    85/15 market share is pretty bold faced. If you make a claim, back it up with some evidence, otherwise it is just garbage.
    Rig 1: E6400 @ 3.0Ghz // ASUS P5B-DLX // G.Skill 2GB DDR2 800 @ 4-4-3-4 // Western Digital and Seagate Drives = 1.5TB HDD // eVGA 9600GT KO
    Rig 2: FX-55 @ Stock // MSI nForce 4 Platinum // Mushkin 1GB DDR 400 @ 2.5-3-3 // Western Digital Caviar 160GB // Sapphire X1950PRO

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    85/15 market share is pretty bold faced. If you make a claim, back it up with some evidence, otherwise it is justgarbage.
    Easy there junior. The only claim I made is that the war is not over, and quite simply it's not. Of course I supported with evidence. I said three top studios still produce HD DVD titles and you can still buy HD DVD players. It's simple: The war is not over.

Don't lash out at people just for the sake of lashing out, or you end up looking like an idiot.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Member
    Your first post was garbage, I was merely pointing out that fact. Your sarcasm and slide remarks do you no credit either.

Next time be succinct and say it will not be over until Universal, Paramount and Weinstein say so. That way you won't show the jackass you really are
    Rig 1: E6400 @ 3.0Ghz // ASUS P5B-DLX // G.Skill 2GB DDR2 800 @ 4-4-3-4 // Western Digital and Seagate Drives = 1.5TB HDD // eVGA 9600GT KO
    Rig 2: FX-55 @ Stock // MSI nForce 4 Platinum // Mushkin 1GB DDR 400 @ 2.5-3-3 // Western Digital Caviar 160GB // Sapphire X1950PRO

Xtreme Member
    Its still anyones game IMO.

Who knows who will pay who off to go which way. Nothing is set in stone, I learned this from Betamax hahaha.

Also Yukon Trooper- your rooting for the wrong team!!! CANUCKS FTW!

i'll buy a standalone bluray player just as soon as there is one that can do everything my xa2 can do... oh whats that??? there isnt one made yet??? my over a year old retired generation player can still do more than a $2K denon bluray player thats not even shipping yet??? i'll get right on it...
    Last edited by nunchucka; 01-21-2008 at 01:35 AM.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    look at your sources, they are a year old...

http://www.hdmoviesource.com/catalog...hp?cPath=21_87 (links contain no nudity)
    those definitely look like blu-ray pr0n to me
    The adult video industry isn't as big as people make it out to be...
    http://www.forbes.com/2001/05/25/0524:banana::banana::banana::banana:.html (about 500mil to 1.8bil compared to 31bil of Hollywood...and these are essentially pre-internet numbers--I have to imagine the adoption rate of online adult content is a lot higher than legal online movie downloads).

Regardless, both will be around for quite some time if history is any sign, though signs are definitely pointing toward Blu-Ray winning. VHS had 75% market share in 1981 but Betamax didn't officially 'lose' until 1988 when Sony announced plans to make a VHS VCR....VHS had 95% market share by then.
    http://tafkac.org/products/beta_vs_vhs.html

VHS had 75% market share in 1981 but Betamax didn't officially 'lose' until 1988 when Sony announced plans to make a VHS VCR....VHS had 95% market share by then.
    interesting info; im drawing a parallel/history repeat.
    whether it is or not i'm sticking with plain old el cheapness DVD until this overpriced early adoption motherbleeping fracas is in the past.
    still got my original 7 year old dvd player(wow has it been that long?); plus the one from my cornflakes packet after prices reduced.
    Last edited by adamsleath; 01-21-2008 at 02:47 AM.
    i7 3610QM 1.2-3.2GHz

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
    look at your sources, they are a year old...

http://www.hdmoviesource.com/catalog...hp?cPath=21_87 (links contain no nudity)
    those definitely look like blu-ray pr0n to me
    yea sure but look here:

http://www.hdmoviesource.com/catalog...php?cPath=3_83

that looks like HDDVD pr0n to me more then they are of the BD.

As i said it before, the war is far from over.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

:banana::banana::banana::banana: is nasty in 1080P i dont need to the remnants of a :banana::banana::banana::banana: stars snatch (i think that one isnt blocked) i wanted to see what the high def difference was and the slight amount of vagueness of the details makes :banana::banana::banana::banana: better since in ur head u put what the best wound bee instead of stubble or other things that u wouldent see otherwise

as well as not seeing all of the skin blemishes
    Last edited by zanzabar; 01-21-2008 at 03:04 AM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    Your first post was garbage, I was merely pointing out that fact. Your sarcasm and slide remarks do you no credit either.

Next time be succinct and say it will not be over until Universal, Paramount and Weinstein say so. That way you won't show the jackass you really are
    You need better things to do with your time then, lol. I'll admit it - the post wasn't awe inspiring but hardly warranted the call out.

I did say that, regardless of what post it was in. Count to 10, take a deep breath, give a hug. Do what ya gotta do.
    Last edited by YukonTrooper; 01-21-2008 at 09:40 AM.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nunchucka View Post
    i'll buy a standalone bluray player just as soon as there is one that can do everything my xa2 can do... oh whats that??? there isnt one made yet??? my over a year old retired generation player can still do more than a $2K denon bluray player thats not even shipping yet??? i'll get right on it...
    You could always buy a PS3 and get even more capabilities from a electronics product than yor XA2 can ever dream of.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well the "war" may not be over but its just really lopsided now. The BD will win in teh end it just will take a little while longer. On a side not Hidef is really catching on in japand and blu-ray is up with a 90% margin there i read today which isnt exact peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathReborn View Post
    You could always buy a PS3 and get even more capabilities from a electronics product than yor XA2 can ever dream of.
    ahh so the ps3 is now a standalone too now... i dont want a console i want a standalone player,what is so hard about that to understand???

and the ps3 cant pass bitstream THD or DTSMA so no it cant do more than the xa2 ...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    :banana::banana::banana::banana: is nasty in 1080P i dont need to the remnants of a :banana::banana::banana::banana: stars snatch (i think that one isnt blocked) i wanted to see what the high def difference was and the slight amount of vagueness of the details makes :banana::banana::banana::banana: better since in ur head u put what the best wound bee instead of stubble or other things that u wouldent see otherwise

as well as not seeing all of the skin blemishes
    That's why you hit the real thing haha
    Intel Core i7 2600K~stock for now
    ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe
    2x4GB Patriot Viper@DDR3 1600
    MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 570~stock for now
    OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    Logitech G15 & MX518
    Thermaltake Armor Series
    SPDIF out (optical) --> Headroom 2005 DAC --> Little Dot II++ --> Senn HD595s

Xtreme Enthusiast
    /does the happy dance

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    ASUS M5A99X EVO
    AMD Deneb 3.4Ghz Black Edition
    Gigabyte Radeon HD5950 1GB
    Mushkin Redline 2x4GB DDR3 2133

Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    The ps2 was disappointing it's entire life and the ps3 is downright junk so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmad View Post
    No body is going to be writing games for the Cell.. no one has the time or developers that care. Thanks to SONY, the Cell is already history.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    And this is even not with the ps3:

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingcarcas View Post
    I bashed MS for not including it standard on the 360, i guess it was a really good idea looking back
    MS has no media backing. This is also the same reason that iTune and Ovi will fail miserably.

Quote Originally Posted by Ub3r-L33ch View Post
    /does the happy dance

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Are you sure its the light at the end of the tunnel or the headlight of the incoming train in the tunnel that's going to run you over?
    Athlon 64 3200+ | ASUS M2A-VM 0202 | Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 | 3ware 9650SE 4LPML | Seasonic SS-380HB | Antec Solo
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro 1001 | Gigabyte 4850HD Silent | G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ | Samsung MCCOE64G5MPP-0VA SLC SSD | Seasonic M12 650 | Antec P180
    Core i7-2600K @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.30V | ASUS P8P67 Pro | Sparkle GTX 560 Ti | G.Skill Ripjaw X F3-12800CL8 4x4GB @ 933MHz 9-10-9-24 2T | Crucial C300 128GB | Seasonic X750 Gold | Antec P183

Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    DRAM production lines are simple and extremely cheap in a ultra low profit market.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminc View Post
    Are you sure its the light at the end of the tunnel or the headlight of the incoming train in the tunnel that's going to run you over?
    look above, most go now with the winner, just some sony hater or early hddvd loosers don't want to see. HDDVD is dead. Most people don't care of blu or hddvd, they just want 1 and not a loosing choice.

http://www.petitiononline.com/SAVEHDD/petition.html

I think this just came out and it already is approaching 15K signatures.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by javaman View Post
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SAVEHDD/petition.html

I think this just came out and it already is approaching 15K signatures.
    Fantastisc... Like that:
    14451. Michael Jackson Little childrens love HD-DVD. EEEEE HEEEEE!
    14450. Daniel Hearlihy I personally have both formats, but I prefer HD DVD over Blu Ray. HD is the more complete format. It can take advantage of capabilities that Blu-Ray players cannot such as web interaction and PiP. HD DVD is also the more consumer friendly format allowing for things like managed copy and region free discs and players. I'm very surprised and saddened by Warner's decision and it may cause me to boycott buying their products in the future.
    14449. Dale Coddington upscalling is much better on HD DVD
    14448. Mike H Sony SUX0RS
    14447. Stuart Piercy
    14446. wytime HD DVD IS FOR SUCKERS!!!
    14445. Michael Jackson Little childrens love HD-DVD. EEEEE HEEEEE!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrod View Post
    look above, most go now with the winner, just some sony hater or early hddvd loosers don't want to see. HDDVD is dead. Most people don't care of blu or hddvd, they just want 1 and not a loosing choice.
    While you can take two data points, draw a straight line and call it a trend, it oftentimes does not properly predict the future. Especially when the data points are taken at the weakest electronics retail weeks of the year.

That being said, demand for a good upscaling DVD players should still be greater, for the backward compatibility.

BTW, I don't own either; I rather watch regular DVD upscaled by my Oppo than watching post processed old releases on HD or BR.
    Athlon 64 3200+ | ASUS M2A-VM 0202 | Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-6400 | 3ware 9650SE 4LPML | Seasonic SS-380HB | Antec Solo
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.0GHz | ASUS P5WDG2-WS Pro 1001 | Gigabyte 4850HD Silent | G.Skill F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ | Samsung MCCOE64G5MPP-0VA SLC SSD | Seasonic M12 650 | Antec P180
    Core i7-2600K @ 4.3 GHz @ 1.30V | ASUS P8P67 Pro | Sparkle GTX 560 Ti | G.Skill Ripjaw X F3-12800CL8 4x4GB @ 933MHz 9-10-9-24 2T | Crucial C300 128GB | Seasonic X750 Gold | Antec P183

Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    DRAM production lines are simple and extremely cheap in a ultra low profit market.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by vitaminc View Post
    That being said, demand for a good upscaling DVD players should still be greater, for the backward compatibility.

BTW, I don't own either; I rather watch regular DVD upscaled by my Oppo than watching post processed old releases on HD or BR.
    Sure, you could have a kind of snapshoot of the trend with amazon bestsellers.
    Most dvd player/upscaler but rank 5, 12, 21, 22 are bluray player. First hddvd player is 35... (and bluray or hddvd player are also dvd upscaler... )

Xtreme Addict
    Sure, you could have a kind of snapshoot of the trend with amazon bestsellers.
    Most dvd player/upscaler but rank 5, 12, 21, 22 are bluray player. First hddvd player is 35... (and bluray or hddvd player are also dvd upscaler... )
    Fair enough, but this war aint over. The battle is still on. I dont personally care anymore seeing as everyone in this world gets ahead by just paying people off. I am going to get ahead by not paying anyone anything till they get thier together.

That and i dont really care about HD
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

I am Xtreme
    And this is even not with the ps3:
    so the NPD expects us to believe that in 1 weeks time 41% of the HD-DVD owners switched to Blue-Ray
    and that that one week time period saw a 41% increase in blue-ray owners ? gimmie a break
    that would be like the entire state of california going out and buying blue-ray players in a one week period.

B U L L C R A P

HAHAHAHHA

but of course we know that beta-max made a huge leap for the market share and then ended up down the toilet, while sony's other retarded sad attempts at introducing new media types to the consumer has failed, and not just failed but FAILED.

where does that leave blue-ray ? who knows, only the future will tell, but for the NPD to claim a 92% market share,, thats bull.

i know ZERO,, let me say again ZERO people with blue-ray players. (i dont know anyone with a PS3 either)
    i know atleast 1/2 dozen people with hd-dvd players. and atleast 6 more with xbox360 hd-dvd players.
    now what if that was every city in the usa ?
    thats a 6:1 ratio in favor of hd-dvd... its not 6:1 its 6:0 but i will give sony 1 point.
    Last edited by Lestat; 01-22-2008 at 02:59 PM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Member
    above post pretty much proves you and your friends are fanboys.
    i7 920 | Asus Rampage II gene | 6GB ocz Blade | 4870x2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast