Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: SLI Bridge in SkullTrail box sure of SLI on Intel Platform

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    Ok what have you done with ZoLKoRn, he never runs stock clocks..
    have a sometime

Quote Originally Posted by harshal View Post
    Hehe Nice stuff, sorry I missed it before....
    Now should I get my tickets and come over to Thailand for some crazy clocking, Paizol??

Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    19k? Only? I get 19.5k with Q6600@3900 and crossfire sighly overclocked...

Overclock it! Now!
    19.8k Okay for a bit OC on stock cooler are 648MHz core and mem default
    it can take 21k+

btw. look seem HDR score to low maybe because used RAM only 2dimm and
    run in Single-Channel mode

Sorry For My English
    OverclockZone Team
    THAILAND

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    True. It depends upon what your definition of right around the corner. Nehalem is still a generation away, which means a year or more, which is plenty of time to enjoy SkullTrail
    lol I think it is generally taken that 'around the corner' means we are already midway through the current generation and the next generation is rumored to launch soon (months). I recommended people to wait on their CPU purchases starting in Nov/Dec. At that point in time, Penryn was around the corner. Nehalem..maybe next November lol?

^^ nice!

Xtreme Member
    Hey ZoLKoRn:

When you get a chance can you post some bios pics or let us know in general what kind of OC options there are (like Vcore etc...)?

Please and thank you!

Xtreme Mentor
    I don't think Dave is gonna want to see that Cinebench score
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Member

Talking

Damn, thats some scoring!!!

Mind giving http://www.superprime.org/ a spin? Will help me test system parameter detection and scaling as well

Quote Originally Posted by ZoLKoRn View Post
    have a sometime

19.8k Okay for a bit OC on stock cooler are 648MHz core and mem default
    it can take 21k+

btw. look seem HDR score to low maybe because used RAM only 2dimm and
    run in Single-Channel mode

My work and bench rig:

i7 920 D0 3939B303 @ 4.2Ghz + ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 w/ 0006 BIOS + 6GB Corsair Dominators CL7 @ DDR3-1600 7-7-7-20-1T + Intel X25-M 80GB SSD G2 + Powercolor HD5870 1GB @ 900/1300 + Dell U2410 H-IPS 24" Screen (pics and more)

My review site: Erodov

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZoLKoRn View Post
    h
    Woah.
    The 3DMark06 30k record consists of 9400~ CPU points, and thats 1 QX9650 at 5.8GHz~?

9009 here, at 4GHz.

Woah.
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 | 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 | MSI nVIDIA GeForce 7300LE

Xtreme Mentor
    Woah, just noticed you're running 32 bit...
    If you popped in Vista 64, your score in Cinebench would go way up
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Addict
    ZoLKoRn, can you test whether this baby accepts non-GPUs, please?:-)
    P5E64_Evo/QX9650, 4x X25-E SSD - gimme speed..
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_SmartAss View Post
    Lately there has been a lot of BS(Dave_Graham where are you?)

Champion
    I can't post much results than that and for more results will come on 4th-Feb.
    Intel will launch SkullTrail on 4th-Feb. 2008 this sure for day of launch

btw. so for this you seen maybe intel will killing me now !!!
    Sorry For My English
    OverclockZone Team
    THAILAND

Xtreme Addict
    QX9775? Holy God!
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Guys,

I hope you are going to enjoy Skulltrail, as much as we enjoyed developing it.
    Couple of advises, 1st, if you don t have chillers, avoid touching the voltage offset (the extra 0.3Volts), the default voltage can go up to 1.6volts, and that is plenty for Water cooling.

Remember, you are using the processors out of specs, do it gradually, and no big jump in voltage between tries. As I promissed when we started the project, we putted enough juice in the voltage regulators, between the CPU and the Voltage Reg, the winner will always be the VR, so use it carefully.

I know that many of you are preparing some pretty insane scores with SKT, let s all have fun with it the day of launch ... let's hold the scores back for a little more

I will stop by XtremeSystems Forum to have a chat the day of launch.

Thanks for supporting Skulltrail, it is now up to you guys to make it a success!

Francois Piednoel
    Senior Performance Analyst
    Intel Corp.

Welcome to XS Francois.

You are up late.

Be sure to check out memset 3.5beta
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwho? View Post
    Guys,

I hope you are going to enjoy Skulltrail, as much as we enjoyed developing it.
    Couple of advises, 1st, if you don t have chillers, avoid touching the voltage offset (the extra 0.3Volts), the default voltage can go up to 1.6volts, and that is plenty for Water cooling.

Remember, you are using the processors out of specs, do it gradually, and no big jump in voltage between tries. As I promissed when we started the project, we putted enough juice in the voltage regulators, between the CPU and the Voltage Reg, the winner will always be the VR, so use it carefully.

I know that many of you are preparing some pretty insane scores with SKT, let s all have fun with it the day of launch ... let's hold the scores back for a little more

I will stop by XtremeSystems Forum to have a chat the day of launch.

Thanks for supporting Skulltrail, it is now up to you guys to make it a success!

Francois Piednoel
    Senior Performance Analyst
    Intel Corp.
    Welcome to XS

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Welcome to XS
    Welcome indeed!!!!

Xtreme Addict
    is there gonna be a cheap version of this board, or a cheap version of the cpu's for this board?

anyway, its amazing that intel doubled performance again in such a short timespan. i mean, there was a long period of stagnation with just frequency increases in pentium 4's, then intel went from pentium 4 to pentium d, pentium d to core 2 duo, core 2 duo to core 2 quad, and now 2x core 2 quad, and each of those transitions was about a 2x performance increase. its in stark contrast to the gpu industry, where no real progress has been made since the 8800gtx was released in 2006.
    Last edited by grimREEFER; 01-29-2008 at 05:28 PM.
    DFI P965-S/core 2 quad q6600@3.2ghz/4gb gskill ddr2 @ 800mhz cas 4/xfx gtx 260/ silverstone op650/thermaltake xaser 3 case/razer lachesis

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by grimREEFER View Post
    is there gonna be a cheap version of this board, or a cheap version of the cpu's for this board?

anyway, its amazing that intel doubled performance again in such a short timespan. i mean, there was a long period of stagnation with just frequency increases in pentium 4's, then intel went from pentium 4 to pentium d, pentium d to core 2 duo, core 2 duo to core 2 quad, and now 2x core 2 quad, and each of those transitions was about a 2x performance increase. its in stark contrast to the gpu industry, where no real progress has been made since the 8800gtx was released in 2006.
    Likely not

Xtreme Member
    it's a premium board.

Abit AV8 - AMD64 3000+ 1Ghz@1.025V - 512MB Hynix D43 - R9200SE 128MB - Liteon IDE burner - WD 250GB IDE

Coat It with GOOOO
    The cheap dual socket boards are going to be based on the San Clemente chipset or 5100 chipset. they support somewhat easier to come by ECC DDR2 memory. You most likely won't find any overclocking options on any iterations of those boards.
    Main-- i7-980x @ 4.5GHZ | Asus P6X58D-E | HD5850 @ 950core 1250mem | 2x160GB intel x25-m G2's |
    Wife-- i7-860 @ 3.5GHz | Gigabyte P55M-UD4 | HD5770 | 80GB Intel x25-m |
    HTPC1-- Q9450 | Asus P5E-VM | HD3450 | 1TB storage
    HTPC2-- QX9750 | Asus P5E-VM | 1TB storage |
    Car-- T7400 | Kontron mini-ITX board | 80GB Intel x25-m | Azunetech X-meridian for sound |

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234