Thread: 3rd loop in my PC-7 - your ideas please

Banned

3rd loop in my PC-7 - your ideas please

I need to fit a 3rd loop in my Lian Li PC-7+II

CPU - Thermochill PA120.2, mounted in the roof

NB/SB/Mosfets - Thermochill PA120.1, mounted on the front intake fan

Both use fill ports mounted infront of the Thermochill PA120.2 in the top

Pumps are DDC's, 18w for CPU and a 10w for NB/SB/Mosfets. Probs use a 3rd DDC 10w for the GTX

I need to WC my 8800 GTX. Now i did think of thus

Rad on the bottom of the case (case is on V2K wheels), though of a BIX as i'd seen this one done, rad is thin which is ideal for the space there!

Other ideal was to remove the exhuast fan, fit a 120.1 there and the exhauast fan on the outside of the case. This gives me 25mm of room to play and still keep all the WC within the case like what i want!

What do you all think?

I'm really stuck for cooling this GTX. It's already under water ad i want to keep it that way as the plan is to have this rig totaly silent

Pete

Xtreme Member
    Cool the GTX in one loop with the SB/NB and an 18w DDC. CPU with the mosfets in another. The GTX can run hot so the extra heat in the loop won't make any difference. PA120.2 in roof for CPU and mosfets, PA120.1 for everything else.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by weescott View Post
    Cool the GTX in one loop with the SB/NB and an 18w DDC. CPU with the mosfets in another. The GTX can run hot so the extra heat in the loop won't make any difference. PA120.2 in roof for CPU and mosfets, PA120.1 for everything else.
    Scotty i want CPU on it's own, nowt with it!

Also want 3 loops and my GTX kick out some heat as she's volt modded

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You may be able to get away with a P160 as a floor intake, since your on wheels. I'm not sure of the width of a 160, but it may just fit in the front.

D-Tek Fuzion quad nozzle & MCW30
    8800GTS 512 @820/999/1998 with a MCW60
    2xMCP655b
    1xMCR320 and 1xMCR120 with 4x Yate Loon SH's
    2x Raptor X

Xtreme Addict
    ya a P160 should work in the front if you remove the HDD carrier and move the HDD up into the 5 1/4 bay

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WoZZeR999 View Post
    You may be able to get away with a P160 as a floor intake, since your on wheels. I'm not sure of the width of a 160, but it may just fit in the front.
    No can do. It's far too big with everything fitted but i don't want one!

been thinking some more....what about a BIX 120.1 on the exhaust for the NB/SB/Mosfets, that would keep them cool enough surly and tus allow the 8800GTX to use the front mount Thermochill PA120.1

i do need to measure on the exhaust part to make sure i have room but it looks like a 30mm thick rad would fit

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Doesn't the BIX like high CFM fans? There probably isn't a whole lot of heat (in respect to the CPU/GPU) given off by the NB/SB/Mosfets, but you would probably need a fan with high static pressure.

D-Tek Fuzion quad nozzle & MCW30
    8800GTS 512 @820/999/1998 with a MCW60
    2xMCP655b
    1xMCR320 and 1xMCR120 with 4x Yate Loon SH's
    2x Raptor X

Banned
    With the NB/SB/mosfets, you can pick any radiator and still work because I think they release under 100w of heat together.

I like the idea of a PA120.2 for CPU (need every bit of cooling), PA120.1 for GTX (not as critical since it's mostly voltage limited, not heat limited so it will cool it enough) and a single 120mm radiator for the chipsets/mosfets. Look at the MCR120 as well.

Banned
    PA120.1 will fit i just check but with the fan on the back of the case. Thats fine with me!

Xtreme Mentor
    Pete I am in the same situation.
    I want a high flow 120 for nb/sb/aquadrive
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie3dfx View Post
    Pete I am in the same situation.
    I want a high flow 120 for nb/sb/aquadrive
    Hey dude,

I have to space my PSU out the back to fit the PA120.2 in the top so that will be out by 2'' maybe 3'', having a 25mm fan on the back of the case is no problem.

Idealy i want to move the PSU and fit a PA120.3 in the top just for the CPU.

I've never used anything but Thermochill for all my WC builds, used a BIX 120.1 (1st one they made) and was not impressed at all!

I'm also thinking of adding soemthing to my X38's IHS and EK block to cool it some what more as well so the PA120.1 will be very helpfull