Thread: 2009 Volkswagen Passat CC 4Door-Coupe

Xtreme News Addict

2009 Volkswagen Passat CC 4Door-Coupe

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer

Looks like they've taken a saloon and done what Mercedes did with the CLS...headroom in the rear could be an issue....plus is it just me or does this car seem excessively big for a passat?

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Xtreme Member
    It seems like VW is trying to extend into a higher class of consumer(why they don't put all of thise effort into AUDI I will never know). It looks good, but the pricing may be way up there.
    Codename [GOLIATH] - Lian-Li G70B
    Loop 1 [D-Tek Fuzion - PA120.3 - 3xSan Ace 1011 - DDC2 w/Petra's top] Loop 2 [MCW60 - EK ASUS NB 5 - EK ASUS 4 SB - BI GTX240 - 2xSan Ace 1011- D5]
    ASUS Maximus Formula - 8GB OCZ REAPER DDR2-8500 - Q6600 - EVGA GTX260 core 216 55nm - Silverstone ST75F
    Codename [Black-Dragon] - Lian-Li PC65B
    Loop [Dangerden TDX - BI GT240 Stealth - 2xYate loon SL - D5]
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D - 2GB Teamgroup Croonus(5BF)@260MHZ - Opteron 165 CCBBE0616XPMW@2.88 GHZ- ATI X1900xt - Corsair HX520

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunlance View Post
    It seems like VW is trying to extend into a higher class of consumer(why they don't put all of thise effort into AUDI I will never know). It looks good, but the pricing may be way up there.
    thats pretty much the problem with VW/AUDI.
    They often got good selling car models and then end up changing the market segment that the model is ment for.

They did it wit the beetle and golf and are now doing it with the Passat.

They also do the same with car brands that they buy like with Skoda.

This usually ends up with them having to many diffrent cars in the same market segment who end up competing with eachother.
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    Groucho Marx

i know my grammar sux so stop hitting me

Audi is supposed to be the upmarket version of VW....although i suppose Skoda is now taking over where VW was, VW is becoming the new Audi, and Audi are targeting a different and more affluent segment now...

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)

Entertainment Setup

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Have never heard of a 4 door coupe! Sure not the general idea of a coupe. Always 2 door.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere:Voltaire

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Robinson View Post
    Audi is supposed to be the upmarket version of VW....although i suppose Skoda is now taking over where VW was, VW is becoming the new Audi, and Audi are targeting a different and more affluent segment now...
    yeah but due to all this you always have to remarket car models wich costs alot of money and in the end VW/AUDI doesnt have a car anymore in the market segments that got them were they are right now.

The Beetle used to be a cheap car for the people wich didnt have much money after many years this car became hip.
    Then hey made a New Beetle a car wich was all about being hip and wasnt cheap at all.

They had the golf wich used to be a good car for the money but slowly they remarketed it to become a small family car. Then you also had the Golf GTI wich was a cheap sports car with lots of power. The last few GTIs were damn expensive and on the track often lost to the cheaper competition.

The Passat used to be a roomie family car but is now being remarketed to be an expensive busines car.

VW/Audi bought Skoda wich at that time made pretty good cars for low prices and VW/AUDI lost alot of sales in the lower end to Skoda so what did they do? they bought Skoda and within 2 years changed the entire Skoda lineup they put VW motors into the skoda cards and VW parts wich in the end raised the manufacturing cost of the cars and with that they also raised the sales prices of the Skoda cars.

After all this VW doesnt have much in to offer in the lower end of the market. They seem to want to market all their models towards the upper end of the market and the Skoda, Audi and VW brand all are competing wich eachother.

They should have kept Skoda the way it was and also keep the golf and passat in their old market segments and direct Audi to the upper segments like Business cars and high price sportive luxery cars.

this new Passat looks nice but if ud put a audi tag on the front nobody would be amazed.
    Groucho Marx

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    this new Passat looks nice but if ud put a audi tag on the front nobody would be amazed.
    I would...that would be one heck of an ugly Audi

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by WeedJunk View Post
    I would...that would be one heck of an ugly Audi
    ?
    with that i mean that most of the Audi and VW cars have been designed by the same design team and therefor many VWs and Audis look alike (wich is a thing i dislike).
    This Passat has the exact same lines as current Audis. So that must mean u think the current Audis are also ugly?
    Groucho Marx

Xtreme Member
    ?
    with that i mean that most of the Audi and VW cars have been designed by the same design team and therefor many VWs and Audis look alike (wich is a thing i dislike).
    This Passat has the exact same lines as current Audis. So that must mean u think the current Audis are also ugly?
    No, I just don't like the VW's. To me, they don't look very alike. I'd prefer an Audi over a VW anyday...they just look way better to me... But 'De gustibus et coloribus...'

Xtreme Member
    yeah but due to all this you always have to remarket car models wich costs alot of money and in the end VW/AUDI doesnt have a car anymore in the market segments that got them were they are right now.

The Beetle used to be a cheap car for the people wich didnt have much money after many years this car became hip.
    Then hey made a New Beetle a car wich was all about being hip and wasnt cheap at all.

They had the golf wich used to be a good car for the money but slowly they remarketed it to become a small family car. Then you also had the Golf GTI wich was a cheap sports car with lots of power. The last few GTIs were damn expensive and on the track often lost to the cheaper competition.

The Passat used to be a roomie family car but is now being remarketed to be an expensive busines car.

VW/Audi bought Skoda wich at that time made pretty good cars for low prices and VW/AUDI lost alot of sales in the lower end to Skoda so what did they do? they bought Skoda and within 2 years changed the entire Skoda lineup they put VW motors into the skoda cards and VW parts wich in the end raised the manufacturing cost of the cars and with that they also raised the sales prices of the Skoda cars.

After all this VW doesnt have much in to offer in the lower end of the market. They seem to want to market all their models towards the upper end of the market and the Skoda, Audi and VW brand all are competing wich eachother.

They should have kept Skoda the way it was and also keep the golf and passat in their old market segments and direct Audi to the upper segments like Business cars and high price sportive luxery cars.

EXACTLY. VW used to mean good cheap cars. Now not so much.
    Codename [GOLIATH] - Lian-Li G70B
    Loop 1 [D-Tek Fuzion - PA120.3 - 3xSan Ace 1011 - DDC2 w/Petra's top] Loop 2 [MCW60 - EK ASUS NB 5 - EK ASUS 4 SB - BI GTX240 - 2xSan Ace 1011- D5]
    ASUS Maximus Formula - 8GB OCZ REAPER DDR2-8500 - Q6600 - EVGA GTX260 core 216 55nm - Silverstone ST75F
    Codename [Black-Dragon] - Lian-Li PC65B
    Loop [Dangerden TDX - BI GT240 Stealth - 2xYate loon SL - D5]
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D - 2GB Teamgroup Croonus(5BF)@260MHZ - Opteron 165 CCBBE0616XPMW@2.88 GHZ- ATI X1900xt - Corsair HX520

In europe at least, for a good cheap car - you buy a Ford...

Main Rig

Entertainment Setup

The Blue Dolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Robinson View Post
    In europe at least, for a good cheap car - you buy a Ford...
    I'll rather have a Toyota if it has to be cheap
    Blue Dolphin Reviews & Guides

Blue Reviews:
    Gigabyte G-Power PRO CPU cooler
    Vantec Nexstar 3.5" external HDD enclosure
    Gigabyte Poseidon 310 case

Blue Guides:
    Fixing a GFX BIOS checksum yourself

98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.

Xtreme Mentor
    Not bad. Reminds me the Jaguar XF. I don't care for a lot of the features on the back of the car. The lights don't go with the flow and the trunk lip is too G35-y
    PC Lab Qmicra V2 Case SFFi7 950 4.4GHz 200 x 22 1.36 volts
    Cooled by Swiftech GTZ - CPX-Pro - MCR420+MCR320+MCR220 | Completely Silent loads at 62c
    GTX 470 EVGA SuperClocked Plain stock
    12 Gigs OCZ Reaper DDR3 1600MHz) 8-8-8-24
    ASUS Rampage Gene II |Four OCZ Vertex 2 in RAID-0(60Gig x 4) | WD 2000Gig Storage

Theater ::: Panasonic G20 50" Plasma | Onkyo SC5508 Processor | Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 | CSi A6 Center| 2 x Polk RTi A9 Front Towers| 2 x Klipsch RW-12d
    Lian-LI HTPC | Panasonic Blu Ray 655k| APC AV J10BLK Conditioner |

The only cheap Toyota i know of is the Aygo - everything else by Toyota over here is more expensive than Ford or Vauxhall...

Main Rig

Entertainment Setup