Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Rad Chiller Concept

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    lol... hes on a business trip like i am.
    oh man I wanted to see some #'s!

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by littleowl View Post
    oh man I wanted to see some #'s!
    lol... kinda hard when the meanwell is sitting on my desk.

Need to mail that out tomorrow.

I think im gonna ditch the radiator. Im also thinking about using 4x90W tecs. Nol is that too much for a meanwell S320-12? Hotside will be cooled by a MCR320. If thats not enough, i can stack another MCR220 on top. Its going in bottom bay of TJ-07.

i intend on downvolting. And how much load do you think that will pull off the water? I figure if i can keep this number higher then my cpu load, i can probably make it into a very mean cpu only loop.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 02-09-2008 at 01:24 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Cruncher
    What your holding things up!!!!!!!!!!!! come on naekuh I thought you were trained better then that.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Sorry I was out of town, working on them now though.

Drill
    Drill..
    Drill...
    Tap....
    Drill.....

Repeat.....

I am Xtreme
    Results!!! RESULTS!!! Give us some results!
    jk but looking fabulous so far.
    Thermaltake Xaser VI Case
    ASUS P7P55 Motherboard
    Intel i7 870
    AMD 4870X2
    8 gigs of OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3
    CoolIt Boreas 12 TEC CPU cooler
    Coolermaster UCP-1100W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by {GOD}Raptor22
    I find it exceedingly humorous how you sit here and continue to play keyboard warrior even though you know you are wrong.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Whew...got the holes finally drilled on the second block. Here is a couple of quickys.

To get perfectly aligned holes I drill and tap two opposing bolts first, then drill each hole. First the tapping drill bit goes all the way through, then I clamp the vise in place, drill the second shank hole in the delrin, and finally the end mill to countersink the head.

And the top all drilled out, tapping the base continues... Burned up one tap, onto a new victim..

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Got all the tapping done on the second block today.

Just need to cut off about 40 bolts to length, drill/tap in the barb holes, drill the holes for mounting the two blocks together, and I can start finishing off the faces and beadblasting...

Should finish these up next weekend for sure.

Chasing After Diety
    *hiding behind something from your wifey*

i hope she doesnt find out im the reason for the delay in the cabnet. :X

Xtreme X.I.P.
    *hiding behind something from your wifey*

i hope she doesnt find out im the reason for the delay in the cabnet. :X
    It's strange...she said she was headed for LA for a quick trip. And man, I thought the package you sent had a return shipping label, where did the label go?..

Nah, I think she's just happy I'm going to be working on them again. Actually I spent a good portion of this weekend on my work laptop doing work stuff I didn't catch up on from the week. That's alright, a little OT will mean some more toys..

Banned
    Looking really really sexy

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    That "one of a kind" item will fetch big bucks from us chiller "waNNA BEEZ"
    You should put it up for auction,,,,,,
    I want one waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What's that -- it looks like a size 11 sole of a shoe

With that height, I wonder how much water that thing holds..
    Last edited by systemviper; 02-11-2008 at 09:36 AM.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Martinm210, you're doing some sterling work and I guess you and NaeKuh will have to do a lot of tuning to do.

btw, Martinm210, in you're post #132, is that snow I can see through the window?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Hehe

Someone said it looks like a coffin, I kind of like that..

It holds a fair amount of coolant, about 3-4 blocks worth....

And yes that is snow, we've had WAY TOO MUCH around here lately. Part of my delay on the block construction, we had soo much on roofs, several buildings collapsed. I spent alot of time on my roof shoveling drifts that were over waist deep Finally starting to melt now, but I still have piles up to the roof eves around the house.

Xtreme Addict
    off topic, sorry

how do you tap with a press? is that safe?

on topic,

the block is looking really nice, have you guys thought of were and how this thing is going to be mounted?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by evil-98 View Post
    off topic, sorry

how do you tap with a press? is that safe?

on topic,

the block is looking really nice, have you guys thought of were and how this thing is going to be mounted?
    I just use the press to keep the tap perfectly plumb, and pull the pully belt off the top. Then I hand crank the tap either at the chuck or at the pully wheels on top. They also make some special tapping chucks that will reverse and aid tapping, but I don't have one and the one I tried only worked so so anyhow.

As far as mounting, I'll leave that to [edit] NaeKuh. He's still planning out the build design so who knows where they will go. Maybe mounted vertically behind the drive bays between the pump and CPU block or something similar.
    Last edited by Martinm210; 02-13-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    As far as mounting, I'll leave that to Niksub1. He's still planning out the build design so who knows where they will go. Maybe mounted vertically behind the drive bays between the pump and CPU block or something similar.
    scott is getting my blocks b4 me? :O

Thats a long travel distance given that he's not even stateside!

and i was going to show it off by placing it either sideways along the mobo tray, or flat on the case floor sideways to show off the bling.

Havent tought of how to do it fully yet. Still need to see the results with and without a radiator. :T

@ martin... the reason why i sent you that DB-1 pump is because i think it might be more effective in a radiatorless loop if we slowed the flow down a bit so the water had a bit more time in the cooling pot section.

bah... have your fun with it... i dont need any of it back until april anyhow....
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 02-11-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher

and i was going to show it off by placing it either sideways along the mobo tray, or flat on the case floor sideways to show off the bling.

Havent tought of how to do it fully yet. Still need to see the results with and without a radiator. :T

@ martin... the reason why i sent you that DB-1 pump is because i think it might be more effective in a radiatorless loop if we slowed the flow down a bit so the water had a bit more time in the cooling pot section.

bah... have your fun with it... i dont need any of it back until april anyhow....

oh oh in that case martin I will send you my address and you can send it to me first!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    the reason why i sent you that DB-1 pump is because i think it might be more effective in a radiatorless loop if we slowed the flow down a bit so the water had a bit more time in the cooling pot section.
    Nah, it doesn't work that way. At lower flow, you will have higher temp drop in chiller but also higher temp increase in CPU WB.
    Higher flow always better for single - block loops. For multi-block loops, first blocks after radiator (chiller) may benefit from lower water flow at the cost of all following blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronos View Post
    Nah, it doesn't work that way. At lower flow, you will have higher temp drop in chiller but also higher temp increase in CPU WB.
    Higher flow always better for single - block loops. For multi-block loops, first blocks after radiator (chiller) may benefit from lower water flow at the cost of all following blocks.
    Agree, and whether low or high flow, water will still spend the same amount of time contacting the cold side. Like the old radiator/heater core myth that water needs to go through the contact area slowly to pick up more heat (or in this case, cooling), water flowing twice as fast through a loop with make twice as many circuits through a contact point, so overall the same "time".

Awesome pics, I honestly don't care who gets it running first (sorry NaeKuh ), just get it going and let's see some frosty goodness .

Chasing After Diety
    lol... well as i said, its a fun project. If it works, then great, if not, then oh wellz.

I am currently working with iandh on a 780i setup right now. So my head is kinda lost on other things at the moment.

But, i was looking at my setup. I noticed coolant temps if you can bring down the coolant down even 2-3C that would be awesome. If i can meet ambients on coolant temp even better.

So maybe this will still work with a radiator. Im not looking at dragging the temps below sub ambient. But very close or at ambient would be nice.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    2-3C - awesome ?? I sure learned this word in another dictionary.

Xtreme Cruncher
    he is saying awesome as it would be a very good thing if he got 2-3c cooler.

Xtreme X.I.P.

Ahhh man....NO!!! that's not what I meant....
    I probably will be exchanging some CPU blocks with him, but not these.

Did I mention I have two kids that take every last bit of sanity and clear thinking out of my head...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Oh and my guess is, the blocks will give you about an 8 degree improvement at full tilt...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Did I mention I have two kids that take every last bit of sanity and clear thinking out of my head...
    The current wife does that, let alone the other 2 i've had! Kids i find learn from ether her or you, thankfully they learnt from me!

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast