Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ferrari F151 SUV

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
    i remember Ferrari said they will never ever make a 4 door under Ferrari.
    That's what Maserati is for
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Enthusiast
    if they do build it (which i really really hope they don't) they've lost me. forever. i've been a die hard fan of the for neigh on 20 years, but recently they seem to be trying real hard to get rid of me. lol

i don't agree on their designs since they let the 355, 512m and 456 run out and surely 'il gobbone' looked a damn sight better than this, was said to be better than the daytona, too...

luca where are you leading them?
    sky / s!p - we are oldskool, dammit.

sky,

You have one of Luca's cars?

I think the over-glorification of V8s in recent years has been tragic. However, my wife likes her V8s, having had a chain of cars from the 308 GTS, Mondial TS, 355 GTS and now a 360 MS.

No way I would pay full price plus dealer premium for a F430S, even if I had the money (which is a real stretch). The price boggles my mind and insults my intelligence. The company's arrogance and rudeness, and the non-availability of cars appalls me. I think its Luca's own doing and its going to be his legacy.

Yes, there are turbocharged V8s that are exciting, like the F40 and 288 GTO, but a true Ferrari to me is: (1) V12 and (2) mid-engine.

There's only one such car... the Enzo.. and the only listing on Ebay costs $900,000.. plus its not Ferrari endorsed, so you spend a million dollars and *still* get DISSED by Ferrari because its not a "legitimiate" transaction because Enzos are not supposed to be transferrable!! Don't even get me started on the FXX !

BTW, I love the 365 GTC.
    Last edited by IanY; 01-26-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    Yes, there are turbocharged V8s that are exciting, like the F40 and 288 GTO, but a true Ferrari to me is: (1) V12 and (2) mid-engine.

There's only one such car... the Enzo.. and the only listing on Ebay costs $900,000.. plus its not Ferrari endorsed, so you spend a million dollars and *still* get DISSED by Ferrari because its not a "legitimiate" transaction because Enzos are not supposed to be transferrable!! Don't even get me started on the FXX!
    QFT. IanY I agree with you 100%. I have loved Ferrari's since I was about 10 and I still do, but honestly Ferrari has been going down since... I don't know when! Look at the FXX, they get people to pay 1.5mil for it, and then it's not even really "your" car. You are part of "the legacy" of Ferrari. What BS. And about the engine, it's a Ferrari, it's supposed to be exclusive, it's supposed to be fast, you're supposed to feel your insides shake when you rev the engine. It's supposed to be a V12 beast. If I wanted a V8 I'd go get a 'vette. Rant over just venting out my anger at Ferrari for how badly they treat their customers (not me ) and fans (me ).

Regarding the SUV, I call total BS. Rumours of a Ferrari SUV have been going on for about a decade now. They are not making one, and that photo is obviously not real.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    A DFI board is like a divorce, expensive, but well worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    I dunno... I think a DFI board is more like marriage... demanding, time consuming, and a PITA but rewarding in it's own twisted way.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    sky,

You have one of Luca's cars?

I think the over-glorification of V8s in recent years has been tragic. However, my wife likes her V8s, having had a chain of cars from the 308 GTS, Mondial TS, 355 GTS and now a 360 MS.

No way I would pay full price plus dealer premium for a F430S, even if I had the money (which is a real stretch). The price boggles my mind and insults my intelligence. The company's arrogance and rudeness, and the non-availability of cars appalls me. I think its Luca's own doing and its going to be his legacy.

There's only one such car... the Enzo.. and the only listing on Ebay costs $900,000.. plus its not Ferrari endorsed, so you spend a million dollars and *still* get DISSED by Ferrari because its not a "legitimiate" transaction because Enzos are not supposed to be transferrable!! Don't even get me started on the FXX !

BTW, I love the 365 GTC.
    iany,

god no, i don't. and it's highly unlikely i ever will since i dispise almost every car they've come up with for the last.. well almost 10 years. come to think about it, not almost... actually EVERY! car since then. so even if my business plan comes to fruition, i'm highly unlikely to buy any luca era ferrari. for the simple reason that i don't like them.
    they may perform as stellar as people say - i don't care - i don't like the looks, which to me is a very big part of the sale. of course, deep down inside it's the engine and the noise it makes that is the foremost decision maker, but the most obvious, first glance criteria is the bodyshell. if i don't like it, the car will never make my choice.

well as for your wife, i would support her on the 308 (qv? or the dreaded original gtsi?) and 355, but any of the others, nah - well a 206/246 would also be yay-able. so i'd say i'm not disregarding the mainstream v6 and v8 models, although they don't seem to be ferraris for they lack a v12 - which still, and i completely agree with you there, is the only engine worth mentioning.

288 and f40.. well let's just say those are the only ones of the recent set of hypercars, as they seem to be called these days, that i could agree on. the 288 for the simple fact that i like it's proximity to the 308/328 series and it's flared wheel arches and for being the first of them all. the f40 because it is what cars like that should be all about. driving experience (not that i ever drove one, ). but it sums up what was great about those cars. lightweight, stripped to the bare minimum (or stripped even further), a great engine, an amazing bodyshell and supposedly (see above, not driven one) a great and rewarding car to drive.

it just busts my mind to see that a current generation ENTRY level model has more power (and obviously also a lot more weight) than a 1987 top end car. that is just.. wrong?

for a long time now, i've been hoping for ferrari to see the light again, to remember their roots, to remember what their cars used to be about - driving experience - but i guess that is not going to happen again. tbh i was opposed to them fitting their cars with powersteering in the late 80s / early 90's - think 348, etc.. or fitting a stereo (the blasphemy).. but hey... if i start down this road, the next page of the thread will be entirely written by me - and it'll be a rant to end all rants. :p

since i'm this far off the topic already.. i might just add what i consider to be some of the best cars they ever did... 288gto, f40, 250 gtb swb competizione, 246, 275 spider n.a.r.t. and maybe a few selected others like one particular 166 mm barchetta... well well...
    Last edited by sky; 04-17-2008 at 07:32 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Oh God... no...
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by darkorb View Post
    nobody would buy that for $200,000
    Oh yes they would. Look how many $110k+ Porsche Caymans they sell here! I see the Turbo X50 Cayenne all over SoCal.

that's like the porsche cayenne and the panamera, it has no place in society
    While I'd never buy one of the above mentioned, there is definitely a market for it.

Oh... and with some excellent aftermarket mods, they can be turned into quite a beast.

TechArt Magnum widebody:

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

I am Xtreme
    Wow that porche just gave me a half stack!

and ferrari wont build and SUV, thats what lambo is for

Xtreme Addict
    ^^^ Ya. That TechArt Magnum is insane. Aside from the wide body kit, 22" wheels, lowering module, AMAZING sounding exhaust, etc.... TechArt also upgraded the turbos, intercoolers, software, cats, etc to give it 620hp. Oh yea... the 6 piston brake upgrade has 16" (405mm) 0-62 mph arrives in a scant 4.5 seconds and the top speed is a ridiculous 181 mph. It also does a 1/4 mile in 12.7 seconds @ 109mph.

TechArt also has their own saddlery that makes the most incredible custom leather interiors. Custom steering wheels, seats, dashes, etc.. with your choice of leather/suede, color, stitching, etc. Their guys are so good, Novitec-Rosso uses them for their custom Ferrari steering wheels.

Magnum interior:

997 Turbo interior/steering wheel:

And about the lambo SUV. I remember seeing photos years ago of the Lamborghini LM002. Bet it cost a fortune.

Last edited by Andrew LB; 04-17-2008 at 01:08 AM.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    Yeah the LM002 American was a real SUV though. Nothing like that Ferrari thing, I call BS on it btw. But you never know, Audi does own Ferrari so we could see some lame Ferrari Quattro rolling around.

Side note: Couldn't agree with Zytek more, I can't stand Ferrari in F1. Montezemolo is extremely arrogant. I'm loving BMW showing the old boys that they can play too.
    God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

AMD Athlon 64 4000+, ASUS A8R32-MVP Deluxe, eVGA GeForce 8800 GTX, 1Gb OCZ RAM, WD 10k RPM Raptor and 7.2k RPM Caviar, Thermalright SI-128 ,Lian-Li PC-V1000 Plus II

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anavel0 View Post
    Yeah the LM002 American was a real SUV though. Nothing like that Ferrari thing, I call BS on it btw. But you never know, Audi does own Ferrari so we could see some lame Ferrari Quattro rolling around.

Side note: Couldn't agree with Zytek more, I can't stand Ferrari in F1. Montezemolo is extremely arrogant. I'm loving BMW showing the old boys that they can play too.
    ummm BEEEP, fail...
    ferrari is owned by fiat. audi owns lamborghini. close but no cigar
    maser ids back under the fiat roof as well.

btw, i don't like the cayenne, no matte if they lowered it and pimped it's wheels, the engine and whatnot. it's still a friggin hideous suv - albeit one with a potent engine and good(ish) brakes. it's as hideous as the x3/5, the m thing merc does and a few others. the audi and volvo things somehow come across as jacked up sedans... which is bleh (to me anyway).

i'm just waiting for this whole suv craze to die away (fast). i actually have driven one at some point and kinda liked it, but the fuel consumption just isn't right, but w/e. if the f-boys decide to actually do a ferrari suv, that's it for me. loyalty gone. forever :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12