44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hydor

9 20.45%
  • Eheim

35 79.55%

Thread: Hydor Vs Eheim

CCW

Hydor Vs Eheim

After my holiday I will be buying a pump. Marci from O-CuK is for watercooling recommending the Hydors over the Eheims, which would you go for?

Which ever I choose I will go for the "high-end" model the L30 and 1250 from Hydor and Eheim respectively.

What would you choose and why?

Eheim is £50
    Hydor is £40

Im willing to pay the extra for the Eheim if its the better choice.

Thanks,
    Craig

Turbo
    I would go with Eheim. Never had problems with them. Anybody seem the 12V Eheim??

I don't think you're going to go wrong either way. Haven't had the pleasure of playing with an Eheim so everything after this is heresay but from the reading I did back trying to make the same decision, the Hydor is a little smaller, a bit quieter, uses less watts and has a slightly higher flow rate. Found nothing but arguments as to which has better EMI shielding but noticed with the Hydor that I get a bit of jitter in the monitor if the pump is set within 10" or so.

OC did a quick one page comparo a while back with some basic info. Worth a look. http://www.overclockers.com/articles723/

I've been very happy with the L30. Many months of trouble free, quiet, liquid goodness.
    E6600 @ 3.6ghz - Tuniq Tower / Asus P5B Deluxe / 2gb G-Skill HZ/ ATI 3870 / Silverstone OP650

Xtreme Member
    Haven't tried the Hydor, probably won't either, Eheim will always get my money for a pump... A few bucks more for the Eheim is nothing compared to what I have relying on that pumps trouble free operation... Hydor might be every bit as good, to bad I'm already sold on the Eheim, I'll never know...

CCW
    Originally posted by MediOCre

OC did a quick one page comparo a while back with some basic info. Worth a look. http://www.overclockers.com/articles723/

Thanks for that, had a quick look, will have a proper read later.

Craig

Xtreme Addict
    3-1 so far in favor of the 1250.

The Hydor was a pretty new item a year ago. I'd say they are doing pretty well.

I have a reasonable amount of trust in the OverClockers articles. They found the Hydor L30 to offer small but messurable advantages in performance. L30 is also smaller and a bit lower priced.

I'd go L30

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would go with the eheim personally. My friend has a hydor that he bought from danger den and we had a problem with it leaking because of this dumb blue cap that is supposed to hold the assembly together. It is cheap material. I know others haven't had problems with hydor, but eheim has never given anyone I know a problem.
    Intel Core I7 3930K 4.4Ghz | Asus Radeon HD7870 | 8 GB Ram | Win 7 Ultimate x64 | Lenovo L220x Monitor | Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers

Xtreme Member
    I switched from the hydor to the eheim myself. The eheim runs quieter imo and there was no diffference for me as far as temp goes.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The Eheim was a great pump for me, died a few weeks ago while i was testing out my chiller though :/ But there really great pumps, have a 2 year guarantee to boot.

I am Xtreme
    Originally posted by KennethChong
    The Eheim was a great pump for me, died a few weeks ago while i was testing out my chiller though :/ But there really great pumps, have a 2 year guarantee to boot.
    I like my Eheim 1250 Was going to get the L30 but there was like a mass L30 shortage when I ordered. NONE of the watercooling sites I went to had them in stock.
    It died while testing your chiller? Thats not good news for me (wow the good news justs keeps comming with my little chiller project /sarcasam...) Or do you mean your crazy -60C chiller? Does that 2 year guarantee cover death to freezing cold anti-freeze
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.