Thread: 2900xt Volts?

Xtreme Addict

2900xt Volts?

So guys I want to hotrod this 2900xt i have until i replace it with something else here in a month or so. Im looking to get my clocks up and thought more volts will help. Ive been looking at voltmods and they seem feasable and something i can accomplish. My question though is someone told me you can adjust the voltage in the bios now and can just flash it instead of hardmodding my card. Is there any truth to this? I know atitool can do it (kinda) but atitool doesnt work for me at all in vista. Thanks.
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

Xtreme Guru
    Hmm, there are multiple ways to do it. You can change the voltage through the bios, people are modding their 3870 bioses all the time now. Most importantly, unlike the 3870, since the 2900xt is ati's high end I don't think its over volt protection will hold you back (or that it even has ovp), so you won't need to worry about hard modding that either
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    anyone know anywhere off the top of their heads that has 2900xt modded bioses?
    i9-10900k@5.3ghz//MSI MEG z490 Unify//32GB Gskill TridentZ b.die@DDR4666//RTX 2080ti(+150/+700) kingpin bios//Samsung 970 Pro//Corsair AX1200i
    Custom Loop: Dual DDCs->Dual EK XE360 w/GT's -> HK IV CPU -> HK IV GPU ->EK X3 Res controlled by Aquaero 6

I am Xtreme
    theres a thread dedicated to that

but im also looking for someone who created a bios with only the voltage boosted up a bit, and still balanced it to deal with any checksum errors.