Thread: Crysis DX10 in Vista

Xtreme Member

Crysis DX10 in Vista

I just got Crysis i'm so excited. It's a Special Games for Windows Edition and installed it the minute I got it. It is working, it took me a while to put an icon on my desktop.

Now as I was playing it I was using recommended graphics and when I went to the game I noticed it was very very different than the one I played in the DEMO. I noticed it was DX9. I have a DX10 card and I am on Vista why is it DX9? I am playing on Medium settings with some highs on.

So how can I tell if it really is DX9 or maybe i'm being fooled. Is there any way to check?

|Asus P5N-E SLI |E4300 (1.8Ghz) |PNY 9600GT 512mb |
    |Corsair 2GB XMS2 DDR2 675 |Corsair HX 520W Power Supply |Hitachi 7200RPM SATA2 Hard-Drive |

Xtreme Member
    Right click it in your game floder gives you a choice 9 or 10..

Banned
    Intels Labs, having my Thermal diode modified.
    it's really DX9 graphics though. heard of the XP hack to turn all the eye candy on?

Xtreme Guru
    What makes you think yours is running DX9?
    My Crysis actually defaults to DX10. I had to force it to DX9 by inserting "-dx9" in end of "target" in the shortcut's properties - just to avoid the performance penalty DX10 causes.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    All you have to do is right click the Crysis Icon and select Play in DX10 or Play in DX9. Its like this for everyone using Vista. You should NOT have to add anything to your shortcuts target line.
    himynameisfrank
    Flickr

i7 2600K @ 4.4Ghz
    Corsair Hydro H80
    MSI Z68A-GD80
    EVGA GTX580 x 2 SLi
    Corsair XMS3 1600 12Gb
    Corsair HX850w
    OCZ Agility 3 SSD x 3 RAID 0
    Creative X-Fi Titanium / Astro A40 Audio System
    Corsair Graphite 600T SE White
    DELL U2410 24" IPS Panel

Xtreme Addict
    I just got Crysis as well and it didn't install an icon to my desktop when the game was installed and wondered if it defaults to DX10 or DX9 and if anyone knows, if i'm running 64-bit vista, does the DVD autorun the crysis64.exe or the 32bit version?

Thanks!

Edit... This game definitely cripples high end computers. 3/4 way through the game, my rig gets b*tch slapped running 1920x1200 with all settings on High. Ouch....

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Addict
    ^^^ Ok.... it seems to default to 32-bit and DX10.

When i try to run Crysis64.exe... the game locks up immediately with a black screen and task manager says "not responding". Bah... i wanna run 64 bit. Rrrrr...

edit: Nevermind... figured it out. You have to run Crysis.exe out of the Bin64 folder and not the Crysis64.exe out of the same folder to run 64bit mode.

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government"
    -- Alexander Hamilton

Xtreme Member
    Never mind I got it fixed. In Vista's game folder my cousin right-clicked Crysis and ran the game in DX9. So I just changed it to DX10.

|Asus P5N-E SLI |E4300 (1.8Ghz) |PNY 9600GT 512mb |
    |Corsair 2GB XMS2 DDR2 675 |Corsair HX 520W Power Supply |Hitachi 7200RPM SATA2 Hard-Drive |

Xtreme Guru
    go to nvidia control panel and force vsync off for dx10 64bit exe, only for the cryis.exe 64 bit

Banned
    Guys How can I run inbuilt timedemo of crysis?