Thread: VapoChill LightSpeed not working

Hybrid View

VapoChill LightSpeed not working

When the system is set up and parts connected, I go to start the system up but all that happens is the Vapochill Lightspeed starts up and the screen is lit up on the Lightspeed but no letters or numbers are present just a blank screen. The computer does not start up but the Lightspeed is working and chilling the CPU. I reconnect my water cooling on the CPU and start the computer up to see if the chillcontrol is working. I go into device manager and the only thing new is an unidentified usb device. I run the latest chillcontrol software and it says it cannot find an usb device. I have reset the card by putting jumpers on the necessary pins but this has made no difference. I bought the Lightspeed from a guy on eBay who said he thought the chillcontrol card was dead so I bought one from FrozenCPU.com as it was the only stockiest I could find. Is there anyware in the uk that sells spare for it?

Xtreme Addict
    Always possible that the one you got as a replacement is bad. Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong. I would return that one as defective, get $$$ back and look into other controller options.

What other controllers would work as a replacement.

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    My not just get a new LCD ?
    Start on Aseteks forum m8.
    They will help you just fine .
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Xtreme Addict
    Windows will not recognize the ccb itself. Did you use the same cable as you did with the first? Do a search here for controller and you should find a few alternatives . Asetek forums answer to everything is open a ticket. Took me 2.5 months to get a replacement ccb.
    Last edited by killermiller; 12-23-2007 at 07:43 PM.

XIP
    @Jonksey....this probly will help.....http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...our+wire+trick

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Always possible that the one you got as a replacement is bad. Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong. I would return that one as defective, get $$$ back and look into other controller options.
    Think I just found my quote for the week on my sig...
    I would suggest contacting Asetek to work on this.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Member
    just get a controller from the forums around here...i have done this as im sick to death of waiting for asetek.

controller i use atm is a Gsmaster controller i have 1 of these attached to my Xe2 and also 1 attached to My kayl Frozen Ss

they do the job and are pretty easy to setup..although the windows software is crap compared to Aseteks Windows Chill control.

Hori
    Asus COMMANDO -Intel Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz 401x9 have sum test @ 445x9 4GHZ :-)
    2x74 Gig Raptors Raid 0..GSKILL 6400 2x1Mb matchd Pair.-OCZ 550w Powerstream adjustable rails- XE2 Vapochill -pioneer Dvd.-2x160 Gig Hitachi ide drives..-Asus 7600 gs video card

http://www.hwbot.org/user.do;jsessio...C3?userId=8636

Xtreme Addict
    Wow Jin, I am...honored. It seems about every week there is a question about a vapochill chill control board. There are only two things you can do, reset to default by jumpering temps 2,3,4 or bypassing the ccb. Anything besides that you are just wasting time for any other answers.