Thread: what sort of thermal rating are future quad cores going to have?

what sort of thermal rating are future quad cores going to have?

Hi
    I am just wondering if anyone knows if the future (next year or present) quad core 775 cpu's are going to put out less heat than my current g0 q6600?

i have an entire 437w tec loop waiting to be installed but i am in the middle of building a custom case to house it all. I'm at 3.6ghtz at the moment 400x9
    and early next year would like to make an upgrade when i install the peltier setup if i thought i would notice the speed... would like to top 4 ghtz for sure.

i am considering upgrading from my ab9 quadgt p965 board and 4x1gb ddr2 6400
    to maybe a 780i hopefuly when there is a new revision out and some faster 2x2gb memory as i have heard 2 sticks makes overclocking easier than four.

if future quads will be just as hot or hotter i dont think i will bother with the upgrade i'll just sell of my peltier stuff and stay at 3.6 for another year p'raps.

any ideas?

Xtreme Addict
    yes 45nm runs cooler, but cant take much as much voltage as 65nm, from things ive seen on here anyway and a couple of other sites.

but yes they run cooler.

top thermal is still in 70c range I think
    ~