Thread: Getting an ES Wolfdale

Xtreme Enthusiast

Getting an ES Wolfdale

How does one buy one of those? Just search daily on ebay and wait for something to pop up or is there some other way?

I'm interested in getting an E8500... found only an E8400 on ebay (i think it's a member from here) at the moment.

If my post is breaking any rules then sorry / delete.
    Intel i7 920 d0 @ 4410MHz @ 1.36v :: Prolimatech Mega Shadow :: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 F9K :: 6GB Mushkin XP3-15000 :: HIS 5870 :: Corsair 1000W :: HannsG 27.5" :: Lian Li V1010B

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AriciU View Post
    How does one buy one of those? Just search daily on ebay and wait for something to pop up or is there some other way?

I'm interested in getting an E8500... found only an E8400 on ebay (i think it's a member from here) at the moment.

If my post is breaking any rules then sorry / delete.
    I think INTEL has a lot of them..................

No, I'm just kidding - hard to get Your hands on one these days.....
    If nothing works nomore......:

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Who is this Intel guy and how much does he want for one?

Hope i can find an 8500 and make myself a nice christmas present.
    Intel i7 920 d0 @ 4410MHz @ 1.36v :: Prolimatech Mega Shadow :: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 F9K :: 6GB Mushkin XP3-15000 :: HIS 5870 :: Corsair 1000W :: HannsG 27.5" :: Lian Li V1010B

I am Xtreme
    take the ES talk else where.
    you can not openly buy them
    if you do find someone selling them then they are breaking the Intel license agreement they signed, or they are a 2nd owner of the chip.

and lastly this "i want to buy" talk doesnt belong here.
    maybe you should look at the for sale section for this hardware, or post in the "wanted" section that you want one.

i sure hope your ready to give up your 1st born, becuase the greedy bastards around here that get their chips FREE, sell them for more than retail.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme X.I.P.
    ES chips are not allowed being sold, like Lestat said.
    We also have a policy that we won't allow any offers of buying/selling these kind of cpu's here at XS.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    if you do find someone selling them then they are breaking the Intel license agreement they signed, or they are a 2nd owner of the chip.

maybe you should look at the for sale section for this hardware, or post in the "wanted" section that you want one.

i sure hope your ready to give up your 1st born, becuase the greedy bastards around here that get their chips FREE, sell them for more than retail.
    Please, go easy on him.

Seeing all these great results around here on undisclosed cpu's makes us all want one to play with, no?

This has nothing to do with being greedy, it's just being hungry to explore new grounds and play with new toys.

I can see where he's coming from as i've been wondering myself for a long time how to get my hands on one of these ES cpu's, now i realize it's just not that simple.

I'm sure the topicstarter never had the intention to go and break some rules, i think he 's just wondering where these ES cpu's are coming from.

Please, be kind to one another.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

I am Xtreme
    It's Lestat in all his fury he's as hard on us as he is on his hardware lol
    I think the wolfdales will be on time in the shops , yorkies seem to be delayed due to lacking AMD CPU power or issues who will tell ....
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme 3DTeam Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

If nothing works nomore......:

Xtreme Member
    Wolfdale CPU's are very hard to come by. At the moment its a lot easier to get an ES Yorkfield.

I am Xtreme
    Everyone loves those Extra Special chips, but alas they are Extremely Scarce.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by weescott View Post
    Wolfdale CPU's are very hard to come by. At the moment its a lot easier to get an ES Yorkfield.
    LOL...at the moment it is alot easier to become an astronaut!!
    Main Rig - i5 2500K@42x (Turbo)...2x2gb Corsair DDR3-1600...Asus P8Z68-M Pro...Corsair HX620 PSU...Hanns-G 19" LCD...80GB Intel SSD...2 x 1TB Samsung HDDs...Zalman CNPS9700...Ultra Aluminus (black)...Win 7 Ult x86
    HTPC - AMD A6 3650 stock...2x1gb G Skill DDR3 1600...Asus F1A75-V Pro...Corsair HX520 PSU...2x80gb WD Sata2 RAID0 HDD...Silverstone LC17 B...Olevia 42" LCD 1080P...Yamaha HT Receiver...JVC 5.1 speakers and sub...Win 7 Ult x86

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmsch View Post
    LOL...at the moment it is alot easier to become an astronaut!!
    This has SIG writtewn all over it!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.