Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is wrong with this modded Mach 2? Video and Pic

Banned
    Stick mod's hate on that i nicked off Jin.

Is this possibly going to need to go to build/customer relations topic at all?

Duniek helped you out with some sound advice and got the unit perfoming and working better correct?

Hands Jin back his hate (ya job is tough)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Stick mod's hate on that i nicked off Jin.

Is this possibly going to need to go to build/customer relations topic at all?

Duniek helped you out with some sound advice and got the unit perfoming and working better correct?

Hands Jin back his hate (ya job is tough)
    hat?

But yeah it looks like this might warrant a thread in that subforum. Please don't just lock this and tell them to take care of it in PMs though, I for one like to see the experiences that people have had with builders.

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!

-100c Club Member
    LoL... honestly I go far softer on this part of forum than some other mods would do...
    I am in strange position where I am one of the most active member at same time moderator :P
    There are whole bunch of things I don't like seeing floating around but I learned to restrain myself (or I think :P)
    I tend to think the operation condition and tuning condition was too different in such situation.
    Dimimus discharge is allowable at least in US but still, this is something I don't recommend people doing by themselves since there are good chaces where people can screw up system royally. I make sure I can see if someone played with this for my warranty pruposes myself.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

OCTeamDenmark Founder Nosfer@tu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tim- View Post
    killermiller:
    thats an option to but without some info it's impossible to judge.
    in my workshop they where running fine thats what I can say, you didn't want to go and chech them up or pick then up when you where in town..
    Whe where at Intels place in Kirsta, you remember? You where invited but dident show

I won't argue about this anymore. now peter and tom have let gas out and seems to solve the issue, I'm happy for them it was that easily done.
    Peter:
    get a book and read before making any statements about something you don't know, for example compressors, filter driers (both function and position), pipe bending tecniques, the whole book honestly. I' not trying to be rude, just honest.
    thats why we paid you m8.
    I can only say everybody else spotted it was overcharge, by magic you dident see that you overcharged it.

first time shortly after picking up:
    - both running perfect
    - peter mention his girlfriend notice a smell.

now:
    - toms units makes strange noices
    - peters units still working as good as when picked up, still smell.
    - i get 2 videos.
    Tim, do please reread my erliger posts if you dont understand what im saying.
    We tested his unit IDLE = Fine
    After testing Load or just for more than the 2 min we had before the controller shut down it started making noise.

fact of the matter is :
    You overcharged the compressor, okay happens, how you did that and not fiund out is a mistury to me. Maybe you only ran it at 230 watt?

Never mind this thread, Lock it for all I care
    have sortet my problem and everybody else could help us. So problem solved.
    Former owner of OCTeamDenmark.com
    MSI MOTHERBOARD!!!!!!

Linkedin

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by tiborrr View Post
    Do the math. TDP of QX6850 is 130W, lets say actual heat output is about 20W lower than thermal design point.

Pn = Pt * (vn/vt) * (Unē/Utē)

- TDP - thermal design point (Pt = power [W])
    - Default voltage (Ut = voltage [V])
    - Default frequency (νt = frequency [MHz])
    - Overclocked voltage (Un = ...)
    - Overclocked frequency (vn...)

If we take TDP=ACP=110W,Vcore=1.3V,3000MHz, 4400MHz, 1.75V we get 295 Watts.
    Where is this formula taken from tiborrr?
    Also "W" are you using actual measured power consumption of cores or estimates? Because cores typically do not have the power consumption of the TDP rating for P95 loads, usually a lot lower since Core 2.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123