Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 (Vienna) Screenshots. Fake or Real?

Xtreme News Addict

Windows 7 (Vienna) Screenshots. Fake or Real?

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer

Xtreme Addict
    These look fake.

That looks like the Microsoft Zune theme in the bottom screenshot, just with some stuff changed.
    Last edited by ExodusC; 12-16-2007 at 12:54 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I know Vista is bad/will get better, but there is no way $soft is abandoning it already. Unless they are going back to the 98/2000/xp sweep again. So we see this OS in 09?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    no idea, looks pretty slick though

Xtreme Mentor
    Fake.

First one has to be Linux.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Addict
    And last one is obviously XP.... :p

Blackcomb/Vienna my ass...
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Cruncher
    fake, all MS betas say beta down in the corner. The last one is obviously fake too.
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    fake, all MS betas say beta down in the corner. The last one is obviously fake too.
    The first two do... the last ones are bs....
    |-------Conner-------|

RIP JimmyMoonDog

2,147,222 F@H Points - My F@H Statistics:
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/...e=Conman%5F530

Xtreme Mentor
    Second one is a maybe, but the first is definitely a photoshop of a Linux distro.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Member
    I dont really care if theyre fake or real, the first 2 look amazing
    Main Components
    QX9650 @ 4.5GHz | Asus Maximus Formula SE | HD3870 Crossfire | 2gb Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500
    150gb Raptor X | 2x Hitachi 500gb | 2x Seagate 500gb
    Silverstone TJ-07 | Coolermaster Real Power 1000w
    EK Supreme | EK-FC3870 CF
    Thermochill PA120.3 | Thermochill PA120.2
    Swiftech MCP655

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    they do say beta and alpha in the corner

My Free-DC Stats
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin_Unknown View Post
    they do say beta and alpha in the corner
    Oh, there they are, except the last one, just a skinned XP
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Xtreme Member
    Glad to see they are fubbing up windows even more newb BS. Look at the bottom of the window in the first screenshot.

System Status :OK
    Disk Defragmented :YES
    Problem :NO
    Security Files :YES

Talk about useless information to clutter your view space with.

Other than that, I hope the next windows is more than just a visual mix-up.
    Last edited by Rock&Roll; 12-16-2007 at 01:55 PM.
    System: Core I7 920 @ 4200MHz 1.45vCORE 1.35VTT 1.2vIOH // EVGA x58 Classified E760 // 6GB Dominator GT 1866 @ 1688 6-7-6-18 1T 1.65V // Intel X25 80GB // PCP&C 750W Silencer
    Cooling: Heatkiller 3.0 LT CPU block // 655 Pump // GTX360 Radiator
    Sound: X-FI Titanium HD --> Marantz 2265 --> JBL 4311WXA's
    Display: GTX480 // Sony GDM-FW900

Xtreme Member
    no idea if real or fakes...

but the first one looks sexy, want to have it
    System : E6600 @ 3150mhz, Gigabyte DS3, 4gb Infineon 667mhz, Amd-Ati X1900XT

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Fake.

First one has to be Linux.
    If you could inform me on how to get Linux to look like that, I will buy you a steak.

These all look fake.
    I hope Microsoft doesn't take the approach of having the start menu take up 35% of your screen.

All I want to see in the next Microsoft operating system is workspaces, performance as the main goal, and a nice UI to keep it clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post

Gorgeous, amazing, I will change opearting systems for my desktop to look like that.

In my opnion, real. Very nice too.

Mac OS X Dock approach?

Defintley fake, skinned Windows XP.
    Last edited by MuffinFlavored; 12-16-2007 at 02:07 PM.
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 | 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15 | MSI nVIDIA GeForce 7300LE

Xtreme Cruncher
    All looks to be skins and such. None seems real in my view. And the MS coders I know also debunks it.
    Last edited by Shintai; 12-16-2007 at 03:21 PM.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Xtreme Member
    Look very fake imo.
    Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.9GHz + Noctua NH-D15 - Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming3 - 16GB HyperX Savage DDR4-2666 - MSI GTX970 + BenQ XL2411T - Corsair HX620 + Silverstone TJ09B-W

Xtreme Mentor
    I won’t make a hard statement saying that these are not the screenshots of Windows Vienna but as far as I know Microsoft, I doubt they are going to leak the Alpha version screenshots of Windows Vienna already. That would be like giving a second big competition to Windows Vista (first, one is Windows XP already)

Xtreme Addict
    fake for one simple reason.

If you go through all the trouble of getting some screen shoots of Windows 7 you would not get them in 640x400 dimensions.

its like having a photograph of Jessica Alba naked but its microscopic in size.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn. View Post
    fake for one simple reason.

If you go through all the trouble of getting some screen shoots of Windows 7 you would not get them in 640x400 dimensions.

its like having a photograph of Jessica Alba naked but its microscopic in size.
    There is some truth to that
    Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.9GHz + Noctua NH-D15 - Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming3 - 16GB HyperX Savage DDR4-2666 - MSI GTX970 + BenQ XL2411T - Corsair HX620 + Silverstone TJ09B-W

Xtreme X.I.P.
    soooo whats different from vista?

Xtreme Cruncher
    The System Requirements

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    soooo whats different from vista?
    Probably the UI and the basic mechanics.
    Vista + XP = Windows 7?

Xtreme Mentor
    Irrelevant... today... and in any time soon.

Xtreme Member
    i would say fake. the kernel is still pre-beta, so i doubt there's a full gui running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ket
    Erm, its a little weird how a lot of peeps dont have a case for their PC.....essentially thats a cheat because in a case things always run hotter, yet ppl will claim their OC "stable"

Sorry, in my book nothing is valid unless its in a case, and hence, a "normal" environment, by all means go nuts on cooling not a problem, but an open top setup with an OC ppl claim to be stable when in all reality inside a PC it probably won't be? Thats just unacceptable to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast