Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LianLi PC 343 Cube Build Thread

Xtreme Addict

LianLi PC 343 Cube Build Thread

Ok guys, its finally time. I made it back to the states on leave just fine from Iraq. So now I can start. I Have all of the materials I have amassed while away, and everything is here, minus a few small things, but those are getting worked out. I am sorry to keep you all waiting but here we go.

Compressor: Tecumseh AKA9455zxa r404a commercial low temp
    Condenser: Water Cooled HX
    Metering Device: Emerson Controls CPEV
    Evap: Gosmeyer's Cryostar
    Extras: Tube in Tube SLHX, Accumulator, Receiver, 6'x1/8" feeder line, Cube Case

I have also decided that I will not be doing 2 seperate phase systems. I simply do not have enough space for the filter driers and the receivers with two compressors in side. Instead I will have a full water cooling setup. A loop for the condenser of the phase. And a loop for the water blocks, NB, SB, MOSFETS. And maybe a third later on when I decided on GPUs.

Also, I need the rubber mounting feet that goes on the base of the compressor. Where can I get some? I have Johnstone supply kind of near me that I was at yesterday, but its a pretty long haul. And I would rather pay online shipping than in-route gasoline.

UPDATE: 12/31/07

Ok, here's the latest photos

Next step is to go back to the hardware store to get more hose clamps. I thought 20 was enough for this. I need 8 more.

Gotta add more eye candy to this as well. Tomorrow I fire up the qx6700 B3
    Last edited by TopherTony; 12-31-2007 at 02:00 AM.

My Custom Pressure/Temperature Charts for Various Refrigerants

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Lian Li Cube Case with Phase and Water DONE!!

-100c Club Member
    Call johnstone and order it to be shipped to you?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post

see below
    Last edited by TopherTony; 12-18-2007 at 06:09 AM.

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Xtreme Addict
    well johnstone doesnt have them. Go figure. Does anyone know where to get them? Or what the technical name is?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Make them. You want a pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-100c Club Member
    Compressor rubber mounting feet? Also if there is any shipping involved, you would want the metal shaft inside as well.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.vapoli.com/Images/Forum/vapoli.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Single Stage Work Logs

Quote Originally Posted by killermiller View Post
    Those ccb's will die if you look at them wrong.

heatware: jinu117

Xtreme Addict
    yeah I have looked up all combinations of that. I mostly just get google spam. Yeah let me see how you made yours 2long.

I have started brazing together the receiver but my mapp torch isnt getting it hot enough, so I think I am going to have to rent an acetylene tank and get a turbo torch.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by jinu117 View Post
    IIRC there was a guy that like training at home that was called like that ( johnstonefitness.com). He used to have something to do with amazon but how is the deal?? how comes it is better for topher to byt from johnstone than directly from amazon?

Asking cause I am ingorant on the issue.. not trying to be nasty

@topher: very sexy stuff.. thank god you got away from iraq just fine
    "Study hard my young friend"[/B].
    ---------------------------------------
    Woody: It's not a laser! It's a... [sighs in frustration]

Xtreme Addict
    Johnstone is very close, only 20-30 miles. So if in a pinch I can have them send it to me very fast if it is inconvenient for me to go there. I actually found what I need at United Refrigeration. They have a horrible search function on their site. But I found what I need in their pdf catalog. Looks like I know where I will be heading this weekend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TopherTony View Post
    Ok guys, its finally time. I made it back to the states on leave just fine from Iraq.
    Hey dude, welcome home. Glad your outta that place and home and safe and sound. I was worried as not spoken for a bit and though Ali or Mumhamid might of gotten ya! Good luck with the build fella, i will look at this loads mate

Awesome!!!! working on same idea..it will be good to see how it all fits...
    i5 750@4.0 gig
    2X2 gig of rip jaws
    asus gene III
    gtx 295
    4x raptors 150gig raid 0
    pcp&c 750 quad
    vista ultimate sp1
    w/c: ek supreme, mcp 355 with xspc, hwl gtx360

Xtreme Enthusiast
    With a case that big, you would expect it would be able to fit 2 phase units.
    Maybe this can give you some inspiration

http://www.haegkoeling.nl/site4.html

Xtreme Addict
    Jack, fitting two was my original plan. I had drafted many 3d models of it. But in the end space was an issue as the lian li is not very tall. My DD compressor is pretty large, larger than the two small compressors used in your link. I suppose I could fit two nf11fx in it, as I do have several new one lying around. But I think this is what I want to do. This one is not getting sold, I am kepping it all to myself.

Xtreme Member
    Good luck dude, way out of my league, but still interested to see when you get this running. Glad to have you back. Semper Fi, even tho yer army, heh!
    CPU: Lapped L727A861 Q6600 3.61GHz (450x8) (1.275VID) @ 1.700V BIOS. WC w/Apogee GTX + Cu top + custom backing plate
    GPU: EVGA 8800GT. WC w/MCW60 + RAMsinks
    MB: ASUS Maximus Formula: Rampage Formula BIOS 0402. NB @1.61V BIOS. WC w/MCW30. FSBtV=1.38V BIOS. CPUPLLV=1.82V BIOS
    RAM: Corsair Dominator PC2 8500 4x1GB 1066@1081. 2.14V BIOS

Xtreme Addict
    30 Miles is close? I would hate to call that close. I look forward to seeing that all assembled.

Xtreme Addict
    ok I need a little help from you guys. I have this compressor with the three normal ports. I am trying to find out which one is the suction and which is the oil port. i have the pdf of the mounting diagram but it says the same thing for both ports. I am willing to bet that the oil is above the discharge and the suction is on the opposite side by itself. What do you think?

Attached Files Attached Files

-150c Club Member
    I'd say discharge is by suction.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    If it's like any of the other hermetic compressors I've used, I'd agree with noob.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    me too, discharge is at the same side as suction (the big one), the third pipe thats "alone" is for service valve.

Xtreme Addict
    ok well the general consensus has me convinced. When I pop off the plugs to drain the oil, that should also tell me. It would be very convenient if you all are correct.

Anyways, I have the accumulator and receiver brazed. Waiting on some parts and I can start piecing it all together. I still need to find these damned rubber feet. I am driving out to URI tomorrow to see if they got it since Johnstone doesnt, go figure.

-150c Club Member
    What size? I got about 100 feet kits for danfoss compresssors (bolts n 4xfeet). Dunno if they d fit tho.

Xtreme Addict
    i pulled some off of a danfoss nf11fx and they fit perfectly. But there were only three of em. So I think they are pretty universal. Where did you get them at?

-150c Club Member
    Found a good deal, one time though, but got a box of 100 and I figured I'd need em. Payed only like $1.85 a set.

Xtreme Addict
    UPDATE:

Receiver and Accumulator are finished.

Set up the suction line and ran the 1/8" feeder line for the CPEV through it.

Waitng on evap and HX to arrive

And I organized my work bench!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00627.jpg 
Views:	2113 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	68974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00624.jpg 
Views:	2107 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	68975   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00623.jpg 
Views:	2054 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	68976   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00621.jpg 
Views:	2067 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	68977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00626.jpg 
Views:	2039 
Size:	167.3 KB 
ID:	68978  

Xtreme Cruncher
    They are simple isolators with a piece of hose between them to isolate the bolt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 027.jpg 
Views:	2002 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	68985

Name:	Picture 028.jpg 
Views:	2002 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	68986

Name:	Picture 029.jpg 
Views:	1966 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	68987
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast