Thread: Home made 3-Way SLI results

Threaded View

Xtreme Legend

Home made 3-Way SLI results

Hi everyone,

Since NVIDIA's European PR department is not very interested of Nordic hardware sites (or overclockers) we naturally didn't get any chance to test 3-Way SLI system or even got hold of the 3-Way SLI bridge (not to mention lack of nForce 780i SLI samples etc). This situation has been continuing already over a years for us with every NVIDIA product launch

Anyway, since there was no support from NVIDIA, I had to make my own GHETTO-STYLE 3-Way SLI configuration:

First I checked my SLI-bridge situation... it was good with different length of bridges.

Next I installed bridges to three GeForce 8800 Ultras on EVGA nForce 680i SLI board. (One of the boards was Leadtek's watercooled Leviathan so I mounted 8800 GTX cooler on it).

Using Windows Vista, ForceWare 169.25 beta-drivers, Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 and Silverstone OP-1200W PSU I managed to get 3-Way SLI working properly

3DMark03 score with Single GeForce 8800 Ultra: 42273

3DMark03 score with two GeForce 8800 Ultras in SLI: 63061 (+49% compared to single card result)

3DMark03 score with three GeForce 8800 Ultras in 3-Way SLI: 72614 (+71% compared to single card result and +15% compared to SLI result)

I'll continue my testing during the weekend. Since I don't have nF780i SLI board I'll have to stick with QX6850 and nF680i SLI
    Last edited by Sampsa; 12-14-2007 at 08:39 AM.
    Favourite game: 3DMark
    Work: Muropaketti.com - Finnish hardware site
    Views and opinions about IT industry: Twitter: sampsa_kurri