Thread: Help Newbie With New System

Arrow Help Newbie With New System

Hey Guys,
    I posted a comment in Water cooling earlier, but i decided to post a new comment here with some new thought up idea's for my new system. I am looking at the:

Silverstone TJ07 Case
    Silverstone DA750w PSU
    P35 DFI UT P35-T2R Mobo OR THE Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition Mobo
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU
    GeForce 8800GT Graphics Card
    Cruical Ballistic (2x1Gb) Ram Kit
    D-Link Airplus Xtreme G 108mps Wireless card.

Any changes to this? If so what do you personally recommend? And what Mobo would you chose?

Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,
    Keyzer Components

well i thought the P5E and the maximus formula looked alike but as it turns out it is the same board. where the motherboard says P5E its a long black sticker. i didnt even notice it at first. someone on XS just pulled it off and maximus formula was underneath.......

now the question is can we use a maximus bios for the extra options.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=160945&page=8

other options:
    p5k premium <$300aud.
    abit ip35-pro <$200aud.
    i7 3610QM 1.2-3.2GHz

The P5K Premium looks sweet, anyone else have this board? Top notch for a 'cheaper' high end MOBO. Still super keen on the ASUS Maximus Formula, seems lots of people are using it on here, and thats saying something to me. ...

well jus get it then it's (maximus) a bit on the expensive side as far as i'm concerned, but if i was going crossfire i'd consider it.

especially considering something better is always around the corner with h/ware. (eg. p45 x48)

the premium, the abit, the maximus, the p5e..all should give you a stable oc on your q6600; it's just a matter of how much you wanna spend and what features you want / need.

cheap -> middle of the range -> expensive....which category do you want to be in? it really comes down to what you want to spend in my opinion.

most/all boards have their quirks and no two boards are identical, just like no two q6600's are identical.

do you have a screen in mind / already have one?
    Last edited by adamsleath; 12-10-2007 at 04:37 AM.
    i7 3610QM 1.2-3.2GHz

I've got one already, it's nothing flash, an Hyundai Tiburon which i have on my current system, figure i want to get this new system happening before i look at another screen. Yeah your right, i should. It's just I'm worried a bit (mostly because its my first build) that i'm getting something thats not compatible or something like that.

Thanks for all your help!

Keyzer Components