Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3340414243
Results 1,051 to 1,068 of 1068

Thread: Bowmans Mod Shop

HVAC/R Engineer
    If you put a 10K resistor in series and a switch across the temp probe it will force the fan to high and the display to 20C this will keep the alarm from going off and will give you about 5 to 6 degrees colder under load. And I wouldn't add any cap tube to it, you can get it colder but you will lose capacity. As I mod them the system is loaded up as much as it can handle an dgranted a longer capillary will unload uit and lower the current draw the current mods I do will keep the compressor cool while those with the captube also modded have a tendancy to cause excessive heating of the compressor.

Xtreme Addict
    btw just regarding the pull down time, wouldnt a greater charge result in a slower pull down?

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Ragnarok
    btw just regarding the pull down time, wouldnt a greater charge result in a slower pull down?
    Higher pressure from greater static charge gets the capillary system working faster. It dosn't have to wait for the compressor to pump up as as much pressure to start the evaporation, which in it's self aids it's own pull down. It's like a cascading effect by itself (not cascade system, that's different).
    A64 3700+ @ 3105/258 1.85v VapoLS
    K8NNXP 12c bios K8Npro
    2 x 256 Twinx 3200LL 2-2-2-6 3.4v
    Albatron 6800GT VapoPE cooled

Xtreme Addict
    well, with a higher charge u get a greater high side pressure and that means u get a higher low side pressure as well...

i dont see how that makes things any faster, perhaps an expert opinion?

XIP - can sit on his hair
    chilly1, not being able to lay my hands on the datasheets at the moment, am I correct in assuming there's no way of getting r23 to work in a prommi??

Xtreme Member
    Originally posted by Ragnarok
    well, with a higher charge u get a greater high side pressure and that means u get a higher low side pressure as well...

i dont see how that makes things any faster, perhaps an expert opinion?
    Exactly, the highside pressure builds from that while the lowside drops quickly as the compressor is compressing a higher pressure gas. The reason it doesn't get as cold, is it's harder to get the lowside down to a vacumn to increase efficiency.
    A64 3700+ @ 3105/258 1.85v VapoLS
    K8NNXP 12c bios K8Npro
    2 x 256 Twinx 3200LL 2-2-2-6 3.4v
    Albatron 6800GT VapoPE cooled

Xtreme Addict
    Gary Gary where art thou?!

HVAC/R Engineer

R23

Originally posted by Marci
    chilly1, not being able to lay my hands on the datasheets at the moment, am I correct in assuming there's no way of getting r23 to work in a prommi??
    R23 in a prommie is possiable if you have the condensing temperature low enough. You will need a condenser three times as big, an additional compressor a little bigger and an interstage HX, it would then be a prommie cascade. I got one here that is going to get that treatment. I will remove the condenser insatll a second compressor and HX and a larger condenser.

hmmmm.... I like the look of -85 evap temp... lol!!

HVAC/R Engineer
    If you were where the temps get down to -40 then just charge it with R23 and set it outside.. done deal... Probably need an oil seperator though...

X.I.P.
    If you were where the temps get down to -40 then just charge it with R23 and set it outside.. done deal... Probably need an oil seperator though...
    And build walls around it, because when the weather warms up it is going to pop like a zit... LOL

Author - Refrigeration Trouble Shooting Books

Want to learn more? Click Here

HVAC/R Engineer
    Put a temperature guage on it and have it set at -30 so when it is warmer it will not run, and also install a warning label that says not intended for daylight operation, cold region research only.

Bowman1964?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but since this is his thread I thought I would post here.
    Where is Bowman1964? Friends sent me here to find his Mod Shop but I have been lurking around waiting for him to post something and have not seen him at all.
    If he is on vacation or something, does anyone know when he will be back?
    He does not answer my PMs even though I tried to explain who I am. I know he must be very busy. Thank you.

Why can't I add my avator?
    Last edited by TheTurk; 04-27-2004 at 04:17 AM.

He doesn't frequent these parts much anymore...

Originally posted by Marci
    He doesn't frequent these parts much anymore...
    They have not seen him at phasechange.com either. Isn't anyone concerned or at least curious about what happened to him? Sorry but this is kind of strange imo.

Xtreme Addict
    His path departed from XS and If I have understood correctly he's a mod at TX now...
    cool cool cool!

hey, are this forum and that truextreme the same???

HVAC/R Engineer
    Originally posted by nietsni3
    hey, are this forum and that truextreme the same???
    No.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3340414243