Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowmans Mod Shop

Xtreme Relic
    That's what I'm talking about when I say "I wouldn't send my prommie to anyone else". I really wouldn't.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Xtreme Member
    ....... you just looking to go back and see the pretty lady
    at RS....... what a dog you are bowman. But you
    do excellent work and deserves some slack.

:thumb:

Pops.
    .... I spent a Fortune on Booze and Women.... the rest I just wasted.

My Heatware

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Popcicle
    ....... you just looking to go back and see the pretty lady
    at RS....... what a dog you are bowman. But you
    do excellent work and deserves some slack.

:thumb:

Pops.
    yep she seemed nice.

well tommorow i will be short handed at work so i wont be in here much,but i am working on a evaperator cover for TheDudes prommie.
    i am tried of hand making them from metal.so.......
    i have started a fiberglass one i am hand making and then i plan on making a mold so i can pour them out alot easier and quicker.i have in my mind making one cover that i can adapt to amd or p4 without worring about turning the head for anybodys board.
    but i will be investing in some hitech ceramic insulation.will cost me close to $80 just to get some to test with and pay shipping to me.
    i maynot need the ceramic insulation but i will be playing with it anyways.

one small thing i have the one prommie with the GPU block of bakers running -41c loaded right now.
    it seams to doing fine.will drop to -47c unloaded but seams to hold -41c with my load block,not too bad considering it was doing -30c stock loaded.

Xtreme Addict
    well been busy latley but have almost finished the GPU prommie,it is just running every night as i watch the pressure and temps so i am sure it will be fine.
    seams to be holding a load @-42 to -43c which is pretty good.i think it would be about 3c colder but the upsidedown evap is always going to be slightly warmer from the liquid wanting to run down.

But if it wasnt for this latest designed GPU evap that baker and me worked the bugs out on this wouldnt be very easy to acheive.as the evap is specially desinged to hold the refigerant close to the cold plate giving the coldest GPU temps possable.

here is a pic of the finished unit as i placed some finishing touches to the insulation
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture 1346.jpg 
Views:	2158 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	3066  

Xtreme Addict
    here is something i am working on too.
    i am tring to make a outer shell to house the CPU evap which plays double duty as a hold down device.
    it is a rough shape right now as i hand laided the fiberglass resin and made this shell.
    i have to mold in pressure points that contact the CPU evap so i can apply pressure to keep it seated properly.
    when finished i will try and make a mold and pour the finished one in one last step.

Xtreme Addict
    ok i gotten in WxChaser's mach II and she is nice....

well itwill a little tougher to mod this one because i have to make be a jumper to make her run.she wont fire up without a pc attached(or at least she thinks so LOL)

anyways here are some pics of the internals,i see a few improvements over the mach I's

pic 1

Xtreme Addict
    pic 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture 1350.jpg 
Views:	2097 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	3069  

Xtreme Addict
    pic 3

Xtreme Member

Thumbs up

Originally posted by bowman1964
    well been busy latley but have almost finished the GPU prommie,it is just running every night as i watch the pressure and temps so i am sure it will be fine.
    seams to be holding a load @-42 to -43c which is pretty good.i think it would be about 3c colder but the upsidedown evap is always going to be slightly warmer from the liquid wanting to run down.

But if it wasnt for this latest designed GPU evap that baker and me worked the bugs out on this wouldnt be very easy to acheive.as the evap is specially desinged to hold the refigerant close to the cold plate giving the coldest GPU temps possable.

here is a pic of the finished unit as i placed some finishing touches to the insulation

Bowman! Bowman! Bowman!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Bowman I curious what changes you have noticed on the Mach II cooling head ?? I know its got a completely different control unit, just wondering what other changes you see ?
    24/7 Work & Play Rig
    Gigabyte X58A-UD5, i7 920 @ 4.56ghz 1.48v 21x217, G.Skill PI 12Gb 8-8-8-24-1T 1.56V @ 1736Mhz
    EK Supreme HF P1, Dual EK DCP 4.0 Pumps and EK Res, XSPC RX360 & RX240 w/ 1850rpm GT's
    Sapphire HD 4870 1Gb @ 810/1020mhz, 2x Dell 2407, 2x 1Tb WD Black SATA3, 2x 2Tb Hitachi 7k2000
    Cooler Master ATCS 840, Corsair 750TX PSU, running OSX 10.6.3 & Win 7 64

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks a lot bro - I feel relieved just seeing a picture of the unit now. Appreciate you posting up the pics.

I wondered with the new Mach II software/firmware setup how it would fire up initially.

By the way awesome job on Hobocrow's unit, we've been talking back and forth. That GPU block should really help his scores immensely, gotta love the load temps.

Xtreme Addict
    well first...i think the controller is looking for a signal from the display before it will start up the unit.because i have one connector that i asuume is for the display.and that has to be the problem.

i just plan on somehow getting to the connectors at the back of the compressor and give it current directly.bypassing all the fancy electronics.

the unit has a couple of enhancements over a normal prometia.

for one the head is placed at a 45 degree angle to allow it to turn to fit any board without having to twist very much.

the head itself is redesigned,not sure what improvement it will give,all though it is poured in a mold not machined plastic like the older one(which is cheaper to do,the primary reason for the change i believe)

the hose is more flexable and slightly longer.

the fans are larger and more effecient design.

the return hose is completly rerouted,it is ran over and around the top of the compressor.this is giving more time to allow the extra refigerant time to boil off.so it allows them to slightly over charge the system which will help slightly on the load temps.

other than that i see no differance.actually it looks like the unit cost less to make than the old mach I does.as there is no display they purchaced to run the system.the mach I display runs around $100 alone to purchase .but this may be offset by the lcd display they are using now.

i will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Xtreme Member
    well first...i think the controller is looking for a signal from the display before it will start up the unit.because i have one connector that i asuume is for the display.and that has to be the problem.
    Hi, the MachII has a restart delay of 2 minutes. When you first put the power on, and had a display you could see it counting down 2 minutes.
    Maybe that is why you think it don't work without a PC :?
    Also, if you take the power off, and then turn the power back on, again there is a 2 minute waiting time.

Just so you know....

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by Vatt
    Hi, the MachII has a restart delay of 2 minutes. When you first put the power on, and had a display you could see it counting down 2 minutes.
    Maybe that is why you think it don't work without a PC :?
    Also, if you take the power off, and then turn the power back on, again there is a 2 minute waiting time.

Just so you know....
    Well thanks that may be it.i will check it out tonight.i hope that is it.will save me some work

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks Vatt - not having used the Mach II yet I have no clue. Tekwerkz shipped the green LCD display to me along with the CPU kits, case, etc, but bowman got the top case to mod.

Xtreme Addict
    Bowman - can you please check the LCD cage holder on the Mach II for me? I want to know if it has the extending bracket sticking out like Scott's in his thread or not...so I can figure out how to mod it to fit. Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by WxChaser
    Bowman - can you please check the LCD cage holder on the Mach II for me? I want to know if it has the extending bracket sticking out like Scott's in his thread or not...so I can figure out how to mod it to fit. Thanks.
    Bud i will post a pic tonight but there is no opening in the front of the case at all.it is completly differant than all the others.the only opening is for the condensor.

Xtreme Relic
    That makes sense. I thought the mach2 didn't come with the LCD display?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Xtreme Addict
    ok look here from my previous post pic.from the inside out over the condensor there is no opening.

Xtreme Addict
    dude call me at work

Xtreme Relic
    dude call me at work
    OK.....

Xtreme Addict
    Thanks man - may try to call you at home while I'm at work this evening to see how it's going. Catch you later.

And Dale...I had to buy the green LCD display, it does not come with one (choice of green or orange LCD's).

Xtreme Gamer
    Bud i will post a pic tonight but there is no opening in the front of the case at all.it is completly differant than all the others.the only opening is for the condensor.
    Is there an opening in the front plastic cover so the optional display will be visible, or is the display only usable with the Lian Li kit?

Xtreme Addict
    Originally posted by bmg
    Is there an opening in the front plastic cover so the optional display will be visible, or is the display only usable with the Lian Li kit?
    well to me the front cover looks no differant than a standard prometia frt panel.
    but i will post a pic for everyone tonight

Xtreme Old School Moderator
    Just to clarify the Mach II LCD Display issue, here is the relevant part of the Installation Instrucions

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast