Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: yorkfield late too?

Xtreme Enthusiast

yorkfield late too?

according to
    http://www.hardware.fr/news/lire/05-12-2007/#9264

"wolfdale will be there in january but yorkfield will be push up to end of february or march due to a bug which could crash computer. Strange thing is that QX9650 and Xeons are still sold."

hardware. fr is usually a good source of information so, I don't now what is the truth in this case.
    There is a bug with yorkfield? But why QX and Xeon are still sold
    The yorkfield will be late? What is the real reason? No competiton? 45nm shortage? Real bug? Problems if they kill AMD?

Edit:
    An other source:
    http://www.pcinpact.com/actu/news/40...ld-Bug-FSB.htm
    "Hier, Intel a annoncé à l'ensemble de ses partenaires avoir découvert un bug au sein de ses processeurs Yorkfield (Penryn à quatre coeurs) qu'ils n'avaient pas détecté jusqu'à lors, et qui n'a été rencontré qu'en laboratoire dans des cas assez précis.

C'est l'intégrité du signal au niveau du FSB qui serait en cause, et qui nécessiterait une nouvelle révision de la puce pour être corrigé. Ainsi, le fondeur a donc décidé de retarder la sortie de ses nouveaux modèles d'un bon mois"
    They said information come from Intel. And it's a bug related to integrity of FSB (?) only observe on some rare case in laboratories. Only yorkfield have the problem

Perhaps a link between that and the nvidia 680 problem?

Edit again
    first source Hardware.fr add:
    "Mise à jour : l'information vient de nous être confirmée officiellement par Intel."

officially confirm by intel.

Edit again

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/13756
    We asked Intel to comment and received this response from the company's PR manager, Dan Snyder:

45nm Core 2 Quad launch is planned for Q1'08, and we are still on track for that. We can't comment on web speculation.

From january 20 up to march is still Q1...

hardware.fr has removed the "intel has confimed"

So rumour or secret

et hop dailytech now (january 16 2008...)

http://www.dailytech.com/Intel+Expla...ticle10362.htm

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=10362
    Last edited by nemrod; 01-16-2008 at 02:59 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    WTF?
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Can anybody say....wait for it.....wait for it.....PHENOM by Intel
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post
    Can anybody say....wait for it.....wait for it.....PHENOM by Intel
    LOL would be hilarious if true.

Intel caught the AMD bug!

However, like the OP said, it doesn't make sense since the QX9650 is already released and is (I would assume) bug free.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Epsilon84 View Post
    LOL would be hilarious if true.

Intel caught the AMD bug!

However, like the OP said, it doesn't make sense since the QX9650 is already released and is (I would assume) bug free.

Xtreme Guru
    oh great, just great.. bug? yeh right, thanks to amd

intel back to its old ways again

whats new?
    Last edited by NapalmV5; 12-06-2007 at 12:01 AM. Reason: na

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NapalmV5 View Post
    oh great, just great.. bug? yeh right, thanks to amd

intel back to its old ways again

whats new?
    LOLOLOL how can you blame AMD???

It might be due to market logistics like the fact they can't kill AMD...

It may be that they just found a fault. Who knows?

Xtreme Guru
    wolfdale/yorkfield would already be out in full force if amd be in better shape

id say intel is liking this more than fierce battling, duh!

its all amds fault!

Xtreme Mentor
    Ohhh, the irony.

If I were to guess, they might be confusing this with the QX9770 which gave weird results and looked like it needs more work.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    im curious if somebody is going to demand a full call back of all yorkfields like some people did when there was news about phenom having a bug :P

in the end, i applaud intel.
    they really stole a lot of the thunder of the phenom launch by sending out a lot of 45nm es chips and selling 10 or 20 retail chips here and there
    that was done really well from a marketing point of view

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    they really stole a lot of the thunder of the phenom launch by sending out a lot of 45nm es chips and selling 10 or 20 retail chips here and there
    Is it some kind of joke? Last time i checked newegg there were 5 positions for Xeon Harpertown (all in stock) and no Barcelonas at all.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    wow, 5? :P

in germany qx9650s havent been available ever since they "launched"
    not 1 until today... but there are already qx9750 ES around... and even qx9770 ES...

i know they are available at newegg but for 1400$... how many did they sell?
    20? 50? lets say 100 which is very optimistic, thats still nothing if you look at overall cpu sales.

if 45nm yields are so awesome like intel claims then where do all their millions and millions of cpus end up?
    i think they havent started 45nm mass production yet

which is fine, people who can afford it can actually get 45nm cpus already.. at least a few people.
    and they can break world records with those few cpus and it creates really good pr for intel, as i said, respect to whever is doing it cause its working really well.

but then i dont get why amd gets dissed for having few cpus around, its not like its any different with intel...
    there are way more phenoms around than intel 45nm cpus...

Xtreme Addict
    wow, 5? :P

in germany qx9650s havent been available ever since they "launched"
    not 1 until today... but there are already qx9750 ES around... and even qx9770 ES...

i know they are available at newegg but for 1400$... how many did they sell?
    20? 50? lets say 100 which is very optimistic, thats still nothing if you look at overall cpu sales.

if 45nm yields are so awesome like intel claims then where do all their millions and millions of cpus end up?
    i think they havent started 45nm mass production yet

which is fine, people who can afford it can actually get 45nm cpus already.. at least a few people.
    and they can break world records with those few cpus and it creates really good pr for intel, as i said, respect to whever is doing it cause its working really well.

but then i dont get why amd gets dissed for having few cpus around, its not like its any different with intel...
    Who cares about Extreme Editions? Here we go.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ion=harpertown
    Starting from $252 (in stock).

Xtreme Enthusiast

there are way more phenoms around than intel 45nm cpus...
    You can't do such conclusion taking into account only QX9650. We don't now how many of the 15 Xeons 45nm are sold.

The fact is that there is only on 45nm fab (except D1D) and 2 others will be only available mid 2008. So we don't know if Intel try to take the servers market and deliver all 45nm cpu for this market or if it is just yield problem.
    (Or real bug)

Xtreme Enthusiast

Damn, suddenly I find myself with a bad case of Déjà vu.....Nvidia releasing limited supplies of 8800gt's to kill the buzz from Ati's 3800 series?.... It's a stretch I know....
    Last edited by DeadlyFire; 12-06-2007 at 01:37 AM.

Banned
    I'm still waiting for a shop having the QX9650 on stock, they can't get it yet they list it i don't like that lol it's what i call a paper launch.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    I'm still waiting for a shop having the QX9650 on stock, they can't get it yet they list it i don't like that lol it's what i call a paper launch.

Then you should buy a phenom 9600

Xtreme Addict
    Intel can't make enough XE cpus , demand is incredible due to big OEMs taking every chip available.

Secondly , how can a York field have a bug and Wolfdale not ? Yorkfield is after all , 2 Wolfdale dies in the same package.

IMO , Intel is using a new stepping for Yorkfields and that's why they are a month late if the rumour is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian View Post
    There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people.

Xtreme Addict
    lol! Are you really waiting for Intel's processor in stock? Can't believe, sorry.
    And how do you call Barcelona's launch which is after 2.5 months still not in stock?

Xtreme Guru
    As long as Wolfdales get out in time it doesn't matter for me, cheap overclocking goodness duallies FTW!
    Intel? Core i5-4670K @ 4.3 GHz | ASRock Extreme6 Z87 | G.Skill Sniper 2x8GB @ DDR4-1866 CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 970 OC Windforce 3x | Super Flower Titanium 1000W | ViewSonic VX2268wm 120Hz LCD | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Logitech MX-518 | Win 7 x64 Professional | Samsung 850 EVO & 840 Pro SSDs

If all people would share opinions in an objective manner, the world would be a friendlier place

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If Intel decides to wait then just because the "real K10" was postponed to mid-to-late Q1'08.. and not rushing penryn would probably be good for their yields.
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    the idiots out number us 10,000:1

Xtreme 3D Team Member
    tiger has them and if you look to the right in this link they have a package deal with x-38 intel board and a game for a decent price.http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&CMP=KNC-GOOGL
    QX 9650 5ghz with 1.55v 4.8ghz with 1.5v 24/7 in a VAPOLI V-2000B+ Single stage phase cooling.
    DFI LP LT X-38 T2R
    2X HD4850's water cooled , volt modded
    Thermaltake 1KW Psu
    4x Seagate 250GB in RAID 0
    8GB crucial ballistix ram

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Quote Originally Posted by kl0012 View Post
    lol! Are you really waiting for Intel's processor in stock? Can't believe, sorry.
    And how do you call Barcelona's launch which is after 2.5 months still not in stock?
    In the UK, Phenom is easy to get, and I've only seen 1 place selling QX9650 (not that I looked hard because I know I cant afford)

I looked yesterday, so its not as if im talking about 3 weeks ago.

Also- be clear: release or launch?
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

I am Xtreme
    a bug? you mean because it overclocks to 4.0GHz with ease

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    An other source:
    http://www.pcinpact.com/actu/news/40...ld-Bug-FSB.htm
    "Hier, Intel a annoncé à l'ensemble de ses partenaires avoir découvert un bug au sein de ses processeurs Yorkfield (Penryn à quatre coeurs) qu'ils n'avaient pas détecté jusqu'à lors, et qui n'a été rencontré qu'en laboratoire dans des cas assez précis.

C'est l'intégrité du signal au niveau du FSB qui serait en cause, et qui nécessiterait une nouvelle révision de la puce pour être corrigé. Ainsi, le fondeur a donc décidé de retarder la sortie de ses nouveaux modèles d'un bon mois"

They said information come from Intel. And it's a bug related to integrity of FSB only observe on some rare case in laboratories.

Perhaps a link between that and the nvidia 680 problem?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast