Thread: Some Super-Pi WR for testing...

Threaded View

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers

Smile Some Super-Pi WR for testing...

I was testing this RETAIL CPU of mine to see how it does as of stability/Mem Latency and things like that so to be ready for some 3D action...

I will not post my 1M bench coz you already know it....

Here are the benchies....I did them for reference for the upcoming resaults of our Japanise guys....

.....and some disscusion now...

Here is the way I did them....
    Maxmem = 640
    "Diagnostic mode" from msconfig
    Largesystemcache = 1
    Windows Priority = 38
    System Cache = 384 - 384
    NO VGA drivers and with a 8800GTS at 1280x1024
    All settings where at "performance"
    Vcore = ~ 2Volts (cpu-z couldn't "track it" all the times coz of the "diagnostic mode" I have used)
    CopyWaze file = 1.01GB
    HD with two partitions....One with the windows and one for files....
    Placed the Super-Pi folder in the C: partition and the CopyWaza file in the D: partition
    Before I started each bench, I copied the 1.01GB RAR file from D: to C: IN THE Super-Pi folder.....I waited till the HD led STOPS blinking and THEN I pressed the start botton of the Super-Pi....
    Well this is my way of doing it but you could test it by your way (the guys with the QX9650s) ....

......and now let's talk about something.....

IF you take a look at this screenie made by some guy....

....and at this screenie I did at the SAME FREQUENCY and the SAME FSB/multi/ram frequency, we will see that we have a BIG difference....

.....you whould say that I have more "tight timings" on my rams right?....
    Well OK....I have....but we where "both" going for "WRs" No?....Plus that I did it for reference...

Let's take a look again at the EXACT SAME BENCH with the EXACT SAME EVERYTHING NOW.....EVEN ram timmings.....

Here's the one of this guy....

.....and here's my other one.....

EXACT SAME SETTING EVERYWHERE (except bios settings and tweaks)...

....I've tested it EVEN with 2T instead of 1T which I was within bios to see the difference....

Here it is again with 1T within bios ...

.....and 2T within bios.....

We see the BIG difference that we have with ram timmings/etc in these benchies (at least the three ones at 5668MHz)....
    At this point we see that we actually HAVE some difference between 1T and 2T......THOUGH NEITHER cpu-z NOR Meset reports it correctly and even if you put 1T into bios, both of these programs report it as "2T".....It must be fixed I think coz with the cpu-z V. 1.41 I had the readings of it OK.....
    I putted 1T in bios and cpu-z 1.41, reported 1T.....I putted 2T into bios, and it correctly reported 2T....Frank do something about it please.....

That's it for now.....Thanks....

Last edited by hipro5; 12-05-2007 at 06:13 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...