Thread: Porsche Recalls 911 GT3 Models

Xtreme News Addict

Porsche Recalls 911 GT3 Models

Porsche announced today it is recalling 128 units of the 911 GT3 and 911 GT3 RS delivered to customers worldwide due to a defective control console for the TC-Off and PASM (Porsche Active Suspension Management). According to Porsche, as a result of the defective control console, the Traction Control function regulating drive forces on the rear axle or the PASM system providing the sports control of damper forces may malfunction and fail to operate.
    http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2007/12...t3-models.html
    "There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer

Interesting. Man, that stinks.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    996 GT3 owners should have no problem with that

This guy -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=D_uc7EFeNLo wouldn't have any that's for sure
    Intel i7 920 d0 @ 4410MHz @ 1.36v :: Prolimatech Mega Shadow :: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 F9K :: 6GB Mushkin XP3-15000 :: HIS 5870 :: Corsair 1000W :: HannsG 27.5" :: Lian Li V1010B

That was some awesome driving there... I'm nervous even with the four wheel drive model.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I recently drove a friend of mine's 996 TT and found it very weird. Never drove a rear engined P-car before so that was expected i guess. The front seems a bit floaty and you can really feel all the weight in the back. I didn't push it cose if the back decided to step i would've definately get nervous and lift off the gas and get into bigger trouble then riding it out (i've heard that if the back goes in a Porsche, you have to gently keep the gas going, apply some opposite lock and ride it out). I'm used to bimmers and front engined RWD's mainly, back end gets out of line, lift off gently and it'll come back no problems.
    Intel i7 920 d0 @ 4410MHz @ 1.36v :: Prolimatech Mega Shadow :: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 F9K :: 6GB Mushkin XP3-15000 :: HIS 5870 :: Corsair 1000W :: HannsG 27.5" :: Lian Li V1010B

Quote Originally Posted by AriciU View Post
    I recently drove a friend of mine's 996 TT and found it very weird. Never drove a rear engined P-car before so that was expected i guess. The front seems a bit floaty and you can really feel all the weight in the back. I didn't push it cose if the back decided to step i would've definately get nervous and lift off the gas and get into bigger trouble then riding it out (i've heard that if the back goes in a Porsche, you have to gently keep the gas going, apply some opposite lock and ride it out). I'm used to bimmers and front engined RWD's mainly, back end gets out of line, lift off gently and it'll come back no problems.
    What you have heard applies to the 964 Porsches (1989-1983) and the Carrera 3.2l. It is not true of the all-wheel drive 911s for the 993, 996 and 997 models.

Beginning in the 996, especially on the Carrera 4s and TTs, the idea has been to correct your steering entering into a corner to prevent understeer (yes, understeer), and then correct oversteer tendencies entering the apex of a corner. The whole affair is controlled by throttle modulation.. not to lift entirely off, but to use rapid moderate release and equally rapid in-throttle.

Look at the way Schumi drives a F1 car.. throttle goes in and out almost two to three times a second. That's the way Porsches are driven properly. Throttle in all the time almost ensures that you go through the corner slower.

The 996TTs that you drove are far easier to drive than any car prior to the 996. The whole idea is that even the most uninitiated newbie can easily drive the car, even grandma as long as she understands how to shift gears. For the truly newbie, that is what tiptronic is for, and its even faster.

Yes, a Porsche feels different from a front engined car, but don't think that such issues are non-existent in a mid engine car either. Its just a different sensation and you have to get used to it. At least the modern Porsches are well mannered.

The 1970s Super Carreras and the model 911Ts were a nightmare with violent off-throttle oversteer. Those will slap you in the face everytime you don't do things 100% by the book. When you get on the highway, even with a front spoiler, they will "motorboat" and the the front end would lift like crazy,especially on the turbo with the whale tail and the heavy engine.

Step into a mid engined Ferrari. Its not simply climb in and drive either. The first time around, it will feel completely weird and you get this lightening of steering sensation at regular driving speeds that I don't particularly care for.

Its like moving in with a new woman lol New demands, new requirements.. You'll get used to it lol

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Well. I hope to get used to it I'm definately planning on getting a Pcar in the future. I really like the Cayman S at the moment. 997S is too expensive for me now... maybe next year.

Yeah, i heard 993's and previous gen's had trouble staying out of the bush At least they looked the part though. 993 TT is the most beautifull Carrera you can get IMO.