Well since the ambients in my dorm room are usually around 80-85f even in the winter because of all the electronics in it, I'm thinking of going watercooling again. My e6850 is idling at 60C at only 1.45v/3.8ghz. Even if I turn it down to stock it idles around 50. There's only so much the good old scythe infinity/yate loon combo can do when ambients are so high.

My computer is as follows:

e6850@3.8ghz
EVGA 8800GTX @ 644/940
Asus p5k Deluxe
4GB OCZ pc1066
Zippy 700w
silverstone TJ07

Basically my goal is to create the best loop I possibly can for no more than $300. I'd love to be able to leave cooling capacity for SLI later on, but if that's not possible on my budget, that's fine.

This is where I'm at:

CPU block: no idea...is the Eddy EK block even out yet? What's quite simply the best performing block on the market?

Radiator: PA 120.3. Apparantly still the best.

Pump: Will the DDC with Petra's top handle everything?

GPU Block: waiting for the 9800's before I add GPU in loop.

Res: Here's where I'm really stuck. I would absolutely, absolutely love to use the Aquacomputer Aquabay with the 5.25 bay mounting kit. I know that AQ gear had an overpriced/underperforming rep when I was picking out my last system, but that res looks incredible.

The problem at the time was that the fittings were way to small for the rest of my stuff. What size tubing should I use for my new loop, and is there any way possible to use the aquabay without compromising performance?

Thanks!