Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X4 PHENOM taken to 3GHz

Quote Originally Posted by Motiv View Post
    going off the OP, the chip is probably a lie, fake or cooled with something other than air.

He's not entirely, how can I put this, 100% accurate in his postings.
    You see his pics of the setup there don't you? CPU-Z validation? What more do you want?

Nazu, I don't think we'll find out since he got banned (again).
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    You see his pics of the setup there don't you?
    Perhaps could you only say Watercool... instead of make you're nerve because a guy who was already banned, is still banned...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lo squartatore View Post
    excuse, i don't speak english very well.

What was the difficoult for overclock ?
    Why have you used the Liquid cooling ? And why have you boot at 1.56V ?
    lo squartatore,

I understand english isn't your first language, so I thought I would let you know the person who originally posted this message about the overclocked Phenom has been banned (not allowed to post) on this forum anymore. Therefore, I believe you will not be getting any answers to your questions. I've seen you post in the other Phenom threads, hopefully one of other Phenom owners will be able to answer them.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    You see his pics of the setup there don't you? CPU-Z validation? What more do you want?

Nazu, I don't think we'll find out since he got banned (again).
    Hence why I said cooling method also

Xtreme Member
    It's looking like a buggy bios issues for the most part. Heat could also be an issue.
    Bruno's Junker
    OPTY 165 @ 2.9G
    ASSROCK 939Dual Sata2
    512mb Xerox Samsung PC2100
    512mb Corsair PC3200 Value Ram
    Ancient HDD, CDRW, DVD and Floppy
    Antique Gateway ATX Tower (cover not included)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The-PHENOMATOR View Post
    MOFO64 (SOLDNER)

The Location (MOFO LABS)

27.5 sec Pi 1M

A bit off from his prior claims...

Quote Originally Posted by SOLDNER-MOFO64 View Post
    From the benches I've been priveledged enough to see the results of ()a 2ghz K10 will score around a 19sec 1M Pi time......at 3ghz approx 12secs.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle View Post
    The superpi 1M time is the same as my San-Diego@3120 :o(
    Same at my 3700+ 2900MHz too, but it has clealy something to do with ram timings too, but still no match for Conroe/Penryn

Banned
    Perilander,

Please go troll in the intel section. I think this thread is informative. Keep up the good work MOFO.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Periander6 View Post
    who cares finally we start to see some real results

now someone else with a phenom come in here and use wpcredit

too bad i spent my whole budget (550€...) on a hyundai w241D and decided to stick with my opty 165 + 1900xt
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Memory timings messed up on his rig, really slow. Also maybe the other one was tweaked to death too, who knows, a lot of variables. But 12sec does sound a bit far-fetched, but then I also don't care much for superpi anyway.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Yes but the 9500 is at 2850mhz with very slack DDR2 timings of 5,5,5,18,24,2t. Once the memory it tweaked down to 840mhz 3,4,4,12,18,2t and the cpu is at 3ghz+ then we'll see some nice improvements.

Also, a 3700+ at release was around 220quid for a single-core. I have 4 cores with virtually same power each for 155quid I ain't complaining.

yes you are correct. However this news is far bigger than me, or a trivial forum ban. You guys deserve to see that phenom is not a complete flop as many are suggesting. I just want to show people that like AMD and are curious as to phenoms performance that there is hope for a 3GHZ + phenom in the very near future. This is a B1 9500, so if I can get 3Ghz on a flakey bios within 10days of release I'm sure there is lots more to come

EBL

I am Xtreme
    How retarded can this guy be? Try NOT saying you've been banned next time.
    Phenom II 940 BE / ASUS M4A79 / HD5770 Crossfire
    3770mhz CPU 2600mhz NB | DDR1040 5-5-5-15 | 900/1250

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by afireinside View Post
    How retarded can this guy be? Try NOT saying you've been banned next time.
    Umm yeah, especially since multiple accounts grants you a VERY long vacation.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

I gave up on the M2N-SLi at 250FSB mate. I believe this was as a result of not correctly applying the NB multi via wpcredit.

tic-tacs advice is correct in that a restart is required in order to apply the NB multi change, but I was forever entering my bios upon restarts and this cancels the NB multi change made by wpcredit.

AFAIK if you apply the NB multi drop with wpcredit on an AM2 mobo and perform a restart without entering bios, then as soon as you have rebooted to desktop check cpuz mem tab and I think NB multi change will be in effect. Then use AOD as I have to increase cpu fsb in small increments. I will have to confirm this myself in the next few days when I strip this rig down and move to 790FX. I'll pop the 9500 back in the M2N-SLi in order to see whether this is infact the case or not. Unless ofcourse someone else manages to try it in the meantime.
    Very good to know. May inspire me to continue my own phenom overclock tests

Xtreme Member
    Pisses me off that the platforms aren't ready.

But, who's fault is that?
    Bruno's Junker
    OPTY 165 @ 2.9G
    ASSROCK 939Dual Sata2
    512mb Xerox Samsung PC2100
    512mb Corsair PC3200 Value Ram
    Ancient HDD, CDRW, DVD and Floppy
    Antique Gateway ATX Tower (cover not included)

Xtreme Member
    Don't tell me that you're one of those who PLAYS superpi all day

This really irritates me, honestly what has superpi got to do with anything?
    It's the most ridiculous benchmark I have ever seen.
    So an E6600 beats a 6400+ by 100% in superpi, so it must be twice as fast.

Thanks for getting back to us Mofo

Xtreme Member
    who cares about SUPERPI?

Test in real games ffs
    Intel Q6600 (Stock for now)
    Scythe Infinity
    XFX 680i LT
    OCZ 2 x 2GB Platinum DDR2 800
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    Ultra Aluminus
    Mushkin 650watt SLI
    Seagate 500gb
    Seagate 250gb
    DVD Rom/Burner

Xtreme Addict
    Is that a good result for the Phenom ( looks very bad to me )
    Im just a AMD 3700+ user so im not sure if those results are good

Xtreme Member
    - @ Motiv:

Uh, look at the original post dude. He wasn't cooling it with air. He was using a custom H2O setup with a huge tank reservoir and garden hose for tubing.

- @ grunge100:

Uhhh, he wasn't exactly trolling. In fact, he WAS being informative by alerting the public that some of the information the OP posted might be a bit misleading...

I just want to ask that what clock is the WR of a phenom right now???? I have a phenom system that can do Super PI 1MB @ 2.9GHz. But due to some reason I cannot post it here.
    I'm from Vietnam!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie FX View Post
    Don't tell me that you're one of those who PLAYS superpi all day

This really irritates me, honestly what has superpi got to do with anything?
    It's the most ridiculous benchmark I have ever seen.
    So an E6600 beats a 6400+ by 100% in superpi, so it must be twice as fast.

Thanks for getting back to us Mofo
    You missed the point totally. The point is the fact that this guy is a proven liar. As a benchmark Superpi sucks, but that doesn't change the fact he lied about having seen any 12 sec Superpi from a 3GHz K10.
    Last edited by Periander6; 12-01-2007 at 07:13 AM.

Xtreme Member
    well, despite the fact that he could have been driven into a lie at that time, that doesn't prove at all that he is lying now. At least unless many people try to WC the same config and get terrible results always, and that would be a prove of lye in this point.

Not saying that he shouldn't have been banned (or rebanned?) neither that he is not lying here. Just giving him an "in dubia pro reu". Please, don't get me wrong on this.

c[_]
    He was a lying fanboy before the facts smacked him upside the head, thats about it.

Beyond that he's been banned for offenses including but not limited to multiple accounts. I'd stop discussing him, its not going to go anywhere.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Super PI

For the last time its been posted here already 100 times,
    The x87 math part of Phenom is exactly the same as K8, that part of the processor was not changed, only the SSE has been changed, Super PI doesnt use SSE, Real world apps like the tinker core from Folding @ Home use this part of the processor(X87), and K8, Beat C2D , And K10 does 2. Why would AMD change a part of the processor that they already Murder Intel @, Im pretty sure Daily Tech put up numbers backing this up.Its simple, Super PI is a quick hitter, C2D fills its pipe alot faster than AMD, but its a much smaller pipe, AMD has a fat pipe it takes a lil longer to fill, Super PI likes the smaller pipe better, Phenom will kill Intel at Memory Intensive stuff, If the data set doesnt fit in Intels cache, AMD wins! If it does fit in the cache Intel wins, Ive seen this posted on many Super Computer forums, where people are doing real work on clusters, not Running bench marks.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper666 View Post
    For the last time its been posted here already 100 times,
    The x87 math part of Phenom is exactly the same as K8, that part of the processor was not changed, only the SSE has been changed, Super PI doesnt use SSE, Real world apps like the tinker core from Folding @ Home use this part of the processor(X87), and K8, Beat C2D , And K10 does 2. Why would AMD change a part of the processor that they already Murder Intel @, Im pretty sure Daily Tech put up numbers backing this up.Its simple, Super PI is a quick hitter, C2D fills its pipe alot faster than AMD, but its a much smaller pipe, AMD has a fat pipe it takes a lil longer to fill, Super PI likes the smaller pipe better, Phenom will kill Intel at Memory Intensive stuff, If the data set doesnt fit in Intels cache, AMD wins! If it does fit in the cache Intel wins, Ive seen this posted on many Super Computer forums, where people are doing real work on clusters, not Running bench marks.
    My thoughts exactly. SuperPi should be burried deep under ground , or re-write a new one from ground up that fully supports the new multi-cpu's. Heck , even P4 still gets better numbers in superpi then K8. But what about 99.9% of all other applications. All those who think superPI is the chit then you're the weak link. Goodbye.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast