Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Cleaned up a few posts.
    Thanks Boss

m
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by macci View Post
    Here is a bit better benchmark (ran under Vista32bit without tweaking) -- single card 3DMark05!

I have a reference score with 3GHz Yorkfield using the same GFX clocks and its 300 points less (ran under WinXP32bit though)...
    Here is another Yorkfield comparison score at 3GHZ (this one is with OVCKed FSB & RAM) (by Sampsa);

Pretty close match, eh?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Saw this in the 3dmark section. Very nice and on a slower OS!

That is just amazing!,
    congrats to you sir!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Pretty close match, eh?
    Sorry for my probably stupid question but what is it supposed to show?
    Is there a huge difference between a yorkfield at 4GHz and a Yorkfield at 3GHz for the same setup 1 HD3870 and the same bench?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_SmartAss View Post
    I don't know if that makes any difference, but there are other tests (Feature tests) ran on the Phenom system, but not on the Yorkfield. Why don't you run both systems on same OS using same GPU drivers and same settings. A 3D mark 2005 validation would be nice. BTW, why MemTest shows DDR2 at 444MHz while CPUz shows DDR 571MHz?
    Oh boy here he comes again
    The second SS in maccis's post is taken from Sampsa's OC test of Yorkfield with an 3870.You do know who Sampsa is,do you?Somehow i think you don't..
    If you wish to question Sampsa's integrity,by all means do it .I know how it will end,for you at least
    The Yorkfield in question had OCed FSB and Ram,so it matches pretty closely the situation macci made with his Phenom and RAM.

The Phenom in macci's last post was OCed with 11.5 multi,which represents the 9600 model and is done with Black edition 9600, with a multi set to that value(11.5).This is what i understand from his last few posts.

The point is that Phenom@3Ghz is faster or close to Yorkfield at the same clock speed in this particular test.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    The point is that Phenom@3Ghz is faster or close to Yorkfield at the same clock speed in this particular test.
    [[STOP THE PRESSES]] Are you trying to tell me that you finally found a bench were a maxed out phenom comes close to a stock yorkfield. Have you alerted reuters?

Just kidding witsha, but you did seem to cream your pants at this rather below average score lol

Quote Originally Posted by gallag View Post
    [[STOP THE PRESSES]] Are you trying to tell me that you finally found a bench were a maxed out phenom comes close to a stock yorkfield. Have you alerted reuters?

Just kidding witsha, but you did seem to cream your pants at this rather below average score lol

3GHz Phenom = 3GHz york in this test. What's wrong with that? Theoretically a Phenom at 3.5GHz then could equal a 3.5GHz york. If so, it would come down more to how much you want to spend (and whether you are a fanboy of one or the other).

Don't know what is "below average" about the score either.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post

3GHz Phenom = 3GHz york in this test. What's wrong with that? Theoretically a Phenom at 3.5GHz then could equal a 3.5GHz york. If so, it would come down more to how much you want to spend (and whether you are a fanboy of one or the other).

YOU ARE RIGHT. I have never looked at it that way before, Just cant wait till the wife gets home so I can tell her to cancel that q6600 and order me a phenom from santa. Yes yes I know that th q6600 will hit 3.5ghz with ease but at least I know that my unstable power sucking buggy phenom would be just as fast it it could have got to 3.5.

I have seen the light

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post

Ah,gallag has just found a way to post in here ,let us leave him with a struggle to comprehend clock Vs clock comparison in this test

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is it usefull to go back to flaming?

Xtreme Addict
    o.k guys. I am sorry for taking the p1ss a bit. Ill refrain from posting in this section until there is something positive to say, because it seems that saying something bad about AMD is worse than naming a teddy bear after the prophet Mohamed (or drawing a picture of him)

YOU ARE RIGHT. I have never looked at it that way before, Just cant wait till the wife gets home so I can tell her to cancel that q6600 and order me a phenom from santa. Yes yes I know that th q6600 will hit 3.5ghz with ease but at least I know that my unstable power sucking buggy phenom would be just as fast it it could have got to 3.5.

I have seen the light
    You either didn't read what I said, or you are just looking at things through those blue tinted glasses

Quote Originally Posted by nemrod View Post
    Is it usefull to go back to flaming?
    No, and I hope it doesn't come down to that again.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Banned

since when does an air cooled chip equal to maxed out? LOL i say LOL

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by nemrod View Post
    Sorry for my probably stupid question but what is it supposed to show?
    Is there a huge difference between a yorkfield at 4GHz and a Yorkfield at 3GHz for the same setup 1 HD3870 and the same bench?
    5GHz Yorkfield (with exact same GFX setup) scores 26k. So yes its a benchmark that scales VERY well with CPU power (even with 1GFX card).

Xtreme Legend
    I don't know if that makes any difference, but there are other tests (Feature tests) ran on the Phenom system but not on the Yorkfield.
    doesnt make a difference

Why don't you run both systems on same OS using same GPU drivers and same settings.
    I dont have both systems. the Yorkfield result is from sampsa. Its the same GFX driver version and exactly the same clocks though.
    I'll run another loop under WinXP later. Or we could run the Yorkfield under Vista (which would result in lower score)...

A 3D mark 2005 validation would be nice.
    coming as soon as FM adds Phenom CPU support to their ORB (right now I can upload the result but cant publish it).

Xtreme Enthusiast
    5GHz Yorkfield (with exact same GFX setup) scores 26k. So yes its a benchmark that scales VERY well with CPU power (even with 1GFX card).
    thanks.

Xtreme Mentor
    @macci: do you know when Futuremark will add Phenom to ORB??
    I want to post my scores with CF as soon as possible
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Banned
    i don't understand this.. really.. everyone can see that the intel cpus, for now, outperforms the phenons.. why keep posting this over and over again? is like some people feel smart posting the obvious? i suggest keeping this thread as a phenom performance discussion thread. thanks.

Xtreme Member
    and the results are like the ones i used to pump out of my fx-55 back in the days :roll

Banned
    Darkness, look again in the pictures provided by macci. The Phenom OC-ed at 3GHz slightly outperforms Yokrfield QX9650 in 3D Mark 2005.
    yes it does, but given the brutal overclockability (?) of the intel competitor i don't consider this much an advantage. i use amd systems since the duron ages and the way the things are standing now, i rather buy an intel rig.
    but.. i'm curious, and don't plan to upgrade right now. this thread is being quite interesting, and i don't refer to anyone especificaly on my last post, it's just i think it adds nothing usefull to flame poor amd on this thread.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman View Post
    @macci: do you know when Futuremark will add Phenom to ORB??
    I want to post my scores with CF as soon as possible
    Was wondering that myself, I've seen the Quad Opterons on there already, and their CPU score (per clock) is fine.

Edit- It seems they are Phenoms, under Opteron (just opteron).
    Last edited by muzz; 12-05-2007 at 05:12 PM.
    Zen2 Has brought AMD back!

Quote Originally Posted by D4rkn3ss View Post
    yes it does, but given the brutal overclockability (?) of the intel competitor i don't consider this much an advantage. i use amd systems since the duron ages and the way the things are standing now, i rather buy an intel rig.
    but.. i'm curious, and don't plan to upgrade right now. this thread is being quite interesting, and i don't refer to anyone especificaly on my last post, it's just i think it adds nothing usefull to flame poor amd on this thread.
    I bolded an important part.

I'm hoping that once the errata is taken care of at a hardware level we'll start seeing stock chips towards 3GHz with perhaps the same kind of overclockability we are seeing out of the BE 5000+ and such (and even better would be nice of course ). I don't expect that to happen all at once, I have a feeling it'll be a rather drawn out process, but with time I hope AMD can get there.
    The Cardboard Master

nice OC

hopefully with 2008 batch, can go near 3.6ghz

TS, what weeks ur CPU?

Xtreme Addict
    this is truly looking like the AXP vs. P4 days, when AXP won clock per clock, but the P4's had the o/c to outperform

let's hope K10 is to the next tweak as clawhammer was to san diego
    Athlon XP-M 2500+ 0343MPMW The King is Dead!
    Phenom II X6 1090T 1025GPMW Long Live the King!

-------------------------------------------
    I'm from the church of the operating room

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast