Thread: Prime95 error running at stock

Question Prime95 error running at stock

I've got my rig running at stock now. (first rig on my signature)
    I ran prime95 v25.7 and after 9 hours it was cancelled by error in calc.
    i set the default values (Corsair VS512MB400 = 2.5-3-3-8 and 2.5v)

I ran memtest test #5 and #8 ten times and all the test for 3 hours and don't have any error.
    I change the voltage of ram
    Voltage = 2.6V
    Ram Temperature ok, i added a fan too.
    Ran prime95 again and after 10 hours it was cancelled
    I can't decrease to 2.4 there is no option in my setup (or i don't know to set it).

Any idea ?

THx in advance.
    My Rig: DFI nF4 Ultra D - AMD opteron 144 - PSU Antec True 550W - Bios: R AE0 - 2x512 Corsair VS512MB400
    Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SL200SO SATA(200gb) - MSI NX8600GT - Case Thermaltake Shark VA7000
    My son's Rig: DFI nF4 Ultra D - AMD64 3000+ - TT Purepower 480W Butterfly - Bios : R AE0 - 2x512 Supertalent D32PB12C
    Samsung SP0411N(40gb) - MSI NX6600GT - Case Thermaltake Xaser III lanfire

Which version of prime?

I had an issue with one version that it would error out all the time but there was a bug apparently with it that it didn't like my hardware or something like that. Regardless of what the hardware was set to it would error on me even though there really wasn't a problem.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Try increasing your vCore to see if it is a CPU problem instead.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Hi !!!
    I'm using Prime95 V25.6 build 6 at this moment.
    The errors :
    1- Test
    [Nov 23 09:38] Test 1, 900 Lucas-Lehmer iterations of M77497473 using FFT length 4096K.
    [Nov 23 09:38] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
    [Nov 23 09:38] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
    [Nov 23 09:38] Torture Test ran 10 hours, 10 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
    [Nov 23 09:38] Work thread stopped.

2-test
    [Nov 29 11:19] FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4951171875, expected less than 0.4
    [Nov 29 11:19] Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
    [Nov 29 11:19] Torture Test ran 9 hours, 51 minutes - 1 errors, 0 warnings.
    [Nov 29 11:19] Work thread stopped.
    How many hours of prime95 test is good for a stable rig ?, i'd like to learn and begin overclocking my rig, but i want to make a correct 'step by step'.
    My Rig: DFI nF4 Ultra D - AMD opteron 144 - PSU Antec True 550W - Bios: R AE0 - 2x512 Corsair VS512MB400
    Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SL200SO SATA(200gb) - MSI NX8600GT - Case Thermaltake Shark VA7000
    My son's Rig: DFI nF4 Ultra D - AMD64 3000+ - TT Purepower 480W Butterfly - Bios : R AE0 - 2x512 Supertalent D32PB12C

If it ever errors, you aren't stable. Most of us will let it run two days or less. No errors in two days means you're pretty solid.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Member
    Why don't you run the whole gammut of Memtest tests??

Also are you using Memtest 3.0 or Memtest 86+?

Can you loop a program like 3Dmark and see if it lasts through the night?

I ran memtest86+ (it's in the DFI's setup), i ran first all the tests during 3 hours , then i ran only tests #5 y #8 ten times on each one (i read this in a build guide) and don't have error with this.

Sometimes memory errors can be quite insidious. I've got a DIMM right now that only has one bad bit for every 12+ hours of memtest.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Hi Particle, first at all, i'll try with your recommendation (increase Vcore) and run prime95 again.
    Do you know wich Ram is better for my dfi ? Corsair value select (actual), corsair XMS or OCZ4001024PF ?

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Corsair and D.F.I NF4 were notoriously bad together! (Well Documented) G-Skill ,OCZ, Mushkin is what I would opt for
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Addict
    with my phenom 9600 and corsair dominator 1066 i also get errors at stock on prime. i get errors on other things as well but i think my problem is related to some B2 phenoms not being JEDEC certified for 1066.

Banned
    in the memory Dept, i have had two sets of memory fail on me, with my Phenom set up, 1066 crucial Ballistix, and a set of 1066 corsair, running OCZ now, with no problems.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    in the memory Dept, i have had two sets of memory fail on me, with my Phenom set up, 1066 crucial Ballistix, and a set of 1066 corsair, running OCZ now, with no problems.
    i got my corsair dominator thinking it was the best without reading any reviews. i have had issues with it since the second i popped it into the slot. now that i have been thinking about getting 4gb of ram i have been looking around and the dominators really don't seem that impressive. im thinking i might get some ocz as well.

Great !!!
    Prime95 test for 50+ hours without errors !!!
    I set DRAM voltage to 2.7 and the CPU voltage is 1.37 (default).
    Now i'll try to overclock my rig, any comments or guides will be appreciated.

Thx to all XS-friends for help me in my firsts steps.