Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: questions about maze4 gpu

I am Xtreme
    Good luck, I suspect your going to need it.

Best place to try and get the info would probably be from DD themselves. They have a forum where you could ask, just be patient with them as they seem really slow to answer at times.

Man, how sad. I used to send ppl from there to here for answers, now I'm sending someone over there from here to get answers.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    thnx for telling me something i already knew.

P/S im talking the INSIDE of the block. i thought that was a given? guess i shouldnt ASSume either!
    The inside of the top is anodized aswell... what possible performance increase do you expect from removing anodizing from the part of the block which transfers no heat?

I'm struggling to keep patience with someone who has such an attitude problem.
    E4400 @ 3100Mhz 1.375v // P965 DS3 rev3.3 // 4GB D9GMH
    EVGA 8800GT // Antec P182 Gun Metal // Corsair HX520W
    Dell E172FP 17" TFT // Logitech MX1000 // Saitek Eclipse KB
    Apogee GT // Maze 4 // Laing D5 // Swiftech MCR320-QP

mATX soon...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork_Apple View Post
    The inside of the top is anodized aswell... what possible performance increase do you expect from removing anodizing from the part of the block which transfers no heat?

I'm struggling to keep patience with someone who has such an attitude problem.
    you asked for attitude, so hear it is (for you only Clockwork):

are YOU so dense that you think I would actually beleive to gain performance by removing simply the anodizing? i guess so, especially since i thought WE covered this already in an earlier post. guess we did not. you get the prize as being my first on "ignore" list

for those that are genuinely interested (possibly to elaborate more) basically my idea is to modifiy the top and possibly the base, on the inside.

one of my ideas would result in bare aluminum being exposed to the water. what would be best to replace the anodize to protect against corrosion?
    q9550 @ 444 x 8.5 1.3v - Venomous X
    p5q DLX
    Ocz RPR 1066 4 x 2g @ 1066
    eah5870 V2 @ 920/1250 - HR-03gt
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w

Xtreme Member
    Step it

Lap it

Remove some copper from the base to make it thinner

Create your own top with nozzles (wouldn't do anything anyway)

I mean dude, there isn't much you can do on the inside with such a simple block design... I mean this just isn't worth the time, effort, or money. Get a better GPU block because nothing you do will greatly increase temps, and it certainly won't be worth the hassle
    Last edited by Shlomo; 12-01-2007 at 02:41 PM.

what would be best to replace the anodize to protect against corrosion?
    get it anodized again
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    get it anodized again
    obviously that would be best but i dont have the resources hence why i was asking what else could be done/used.

plz dont troll/threadcrap. if you have nothing usefull and/or relevant to post, DONT.

thnx
    p5q DLX
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w

obviously that would be best but i dont have the resources hence why i was asking what else could be done/used.

plz dont troll/threadcrap. if you have nothing usefull and/or relevant to post, DONT.

thnx
    I am very much aware that you yourself might not be able to do it but you could have a shop do it for you probably. Hence the reason if you look at my post it said "get it anodized again" - simply implying you have it done. I know others here have had anodizing done for them by metalworking shops.

So calm down man, I am not trolling. Just trying to help, no need to throw it in my face.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I am very much aware that you yourself might not be able to do it but you could have a shop do it for you probably. Hence the reason if you look at my post it said "get it anodized again" - simply implying you have it done. I know others here have had anodizing done for them by metalworking shops.

So calm down man, I am not trolling. Just trying to help, no need to throw it in my face.
    when i said resources i meant cash.

the trolling/threadcrapping was not directed at you.
    p5q DLX
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w

Xtreme Member
    Dude, madmaxx you're a straight up @$$ man. Some people just dont know stuff or have the knowledge and you dont effing slam them for it. That doesnt help them learn from their mistakes, it turns them off to it. Who wants to get slammed every time they read some n00b's unclear thread, that was ambiguous and severely vague from the start, when they are going to get slammed for misinterpreting something. Really, no one here is out to get you. However EVERYONE here is here to help in some way (or at least try) and for that you should be grateful. instead of being one of the few here that just try to leech and then looks the gift horse in the mouth and bites the hand that fed them for the metaphoric horse not being perfect.

And now im gonna slam you for making an ambiguous comment. RESOURCES can mean a NUMBER of different things. And out of them "$$$" is not the automatic.
    Last edited by AlphaChicken; 12-01-2007 at 04:01 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaChicken View Post
    Dude, madmaxx you're a straight up @$$ man. Some people just dont know stuff or have the knowledge and you dont effing slam them for it. That doesnt help them learn from their mistakes, it turns them off to it. Who wants to get slammed every time they read some n00b's unclear thread, that was ambiguous and severely vague from the start, when they are going to get slammed for misinterpreting something. Really, no one here is out to get you. However EVERYONE here is here to help in some way (or at least try) and for that you should be grateful. instead of being one of the few here that just try to leech and then looks the gift horse in the mouth and bites the hand that fed them for the metaphoric horse not being perfect.

And now im gonna slam you for making an ambiguous comment. RESOURCES can mean a NUMBER of different things. And out of them "$$$" is not the automatic.

thnx for ur input.

if you dont know something and youre posting uselessly about it is that not trolling/threadcrapping?

you urself are doing the same thing. TROLL.

if they dont know they shouldnt post spam. thnx.

im FAR from a noob thnx.

i will now ask that this thread be closed and locked because of its obvious lack of advancement.

thnx to all that gave valid suggestions.
    p5q DLX
    Antec Fusion Remote MAX
    Xonar HDAV1.3
    Ocz zx850w

Xtreme Member
    you get the prize as being my first on "ignore" list
    I am honoured

i will now ask that this thread be closed and locked because of its obvious lack of advancement.
    Seconded.

What an ignorant tool the OP is, I can't believe I'm seeing a thread like this at XS, I've lurked here long before I joined and never seen a thread diminish like this (excluding Pete's 7 loop thread).
    E4400 @ 3100Mhz 1.375v // P965 DS3 rev3.3 // 4GB D9GMH
    EVGA 8800GT // Antec P182 Gun Metal // Corsair HX520W
    Dell E172FP 17" TFT // Logitech MX1000 // Saitek Eclipse KB
    Apogee GT // Maze 4 // Laing D5 // Swiftech MCR320-QP

mATX soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork_Apple View Post
    I've lurked here long before I joined and never seen a thread diminish like this (excluding Pete's 7 loop thread).
    I thought pete's 7 loop idea was quite intriguing, while admittedly overkill I'd have loved to see it all the way through. Ah well.

To madmaxx:
    Might I make a suggestion for future reference? Take this as constructive criticism. Please watch the tone of your posts, while to you they might not sound like bashing, when you said to me in your first reply to me:

man youre just a genious!

i love ASSumptions

any1 care to add some productive comments?

thnx
    To be quite honest with you, that came across to me very strongly as being a jerk. I don't appreciate being called stupid (which in essence you called me in a roundabout way) and an a$$ (from the way you capitalized it how else am I supposed to take it?). Plus, your further responses to others have been less than polite in several cases. I'm sure they don't appreciate it either.

Now I am not trying to be a jerk back at you, I'm trying to point out the main reason why you didn't get much input. Your attitude turned people off. Even after slamming me the first time, I thought I'd try again:

get it anodized again

thnx
    Now with you quoting what I said it sounds like you are saying was trolling. A few posts later you did clear that up, but my point is you can maybe think a bit more about how you put your posts together so as to not come across that way.

OK?

Now on the modding the top, the best thing you can do to protect against corrosion is either anodize it again after modding the top piece or plate it with nickel or something like that. However, since you said you can't really afford to do so then the best you can is use something to prevent corrosion such as hydrx or a higher concentration of pentosin. Not sure what else could be done really.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Member
    Actually, the best thing you could do is get the Delrin top for 20 dollars off the DD website to prevent corrosion.

Or you could get a different block that performs better, because there isn't you can do with the Maze4 to increase temps and be worthwhile doing so.

Xtreme Member
    thnx for ur input.
    You are welcome. I hope you take it to heart and change for the better.

if you dont know something and youre posting uselessly about it is that not trolling/threadcrapping?
    First of all. No that is not what trolling is. Second, even if it was, no one engaged in purposefully posting info which was useless, in order to throw you off. Like I said we are all here to help you, until you bite our hands.

you urself are doing the same thing. TROLL.
    You are right, I am not posing useful info for you, because I dont wanna get my head smashed in by your horrible rotten attitude and now after seeing it even more dont feel that you deserve any help until you apologize to me and all others that you have disrespected.

ALSO, Learn what troll actually means before you go calling me out like its some McCarthy Communist Label or a Salem Witch Condemnation. Definition:

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.
    So yea. Im not baiting an argument, because I know you have no logical response. You got shut down.

if they dont know they shouldnt post spam. thnx.
    This isnt spam. Give me your email and ill show you what spam really is.

im FAR from a noob thnx.
    Yea ok. Once again, you are welcome. I am glad that I have helped you come to your own revelation, because so far you havnt shown us to having one. Actually you have done just the opposite of proving that statement.

thnx to all that gave valid suggestions.
    Once again you are welcome. And ABOUT TIME. And if you are wondering what my valid suggestion was, it was in general to be a nicer person, live a nicer life, and be grateful for it.
    Last edited by AlphaChicken; 12-01-2007 at 11:21 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12