Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best company's to RMA with?

Xtreme Addict

Post Best company's to RMA with!

So im sure at one point you all have wondered what company's are the best to RMA with.

Well thanks to everyone helping out and posting their coments here I have put together this chart! based on what i determine to be a rating of either Great, Good, Moderate or Poor i have come to a percentage rating of a companys performance in warranty service. Please Keep Those Rating Coming! The more ratings there are, the more acurate this chart will become!

Last edited by Exahertz; 12-09-2007 at 12:32 AM.
    Current System Build
    Designaton:" Rad Hat "
      GPU: BFG 8800GTX | BFG 8600GT (Quad Monitor Setup)
    • Hard Drives:
      RAID: 2x 74GB Raptors on RAID 0 for OS Drives
    • Case and Power Supply:
      Case: Antec Case | PS: OCZ ProXstreame 1000W
    • Water Cooling:
      Pump: Swiftech MCP655-B | Rad: Dual Swiftech MCR320's | Fans: 6x Yate Loon D12SH-12's (W/ Variable RPM Rheostat) @ 88CFM Max Each - 528CFM Total!!!
    • (Water Blocks and Fittings):
      CPU: D-Tek Fusion Block | GPU: Danger Den Full Coverage 8800 Block | Mobo: EK's Mosfet, NorthBridge and SouthBridge Blocks
      Res: Swiftech Micro | Tee's: 4x MartinM's High Flow Copper Tee's | Elbow's: None | Y's: None
    Flow Order: >> Rad's 1 & 2 in parallel > Res > Pump > CPU > GPU > SB > NB > Mosfet 1 > Mosfet 2 >>
    Temperatures: CPU: 57°C Max, Running Prime95 | GPU: 58.3°C Max, Running 3Dmark | NorthBridge: Untested!
    Last Updated 11/11/09

Xtreme Cruncher
    EVGA and Crucial are both good, Saphire was great for me. Asus is supposed to be a pain.

asus was good when i did it i just had to drive down there and swap it, but mailing is supposed to be a pain
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    BFG are awesome. EVGA and Crucial as well.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme Member
    XFX is good
    Intel Q6600 (Stock for now)
    Scythe Infinity
    XFX 680i LT
    OCZ 2 x 2GB Platinum DDR2 800
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB
    Ultra Aluminus
    Mushkin 650watt SLI
    Seagate 500gb
    Seagate 250gb
    DVD Rom/Burner

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ocz definately one of the best.

Xtreme Member
    Ocz definately one of the best.
    No doubt about it!

-yonton228/timmy

Xtreme Member
    G.Skill 3 days to get my new ram after they they received mine old ram

Corsair 4 days

Asus bout a week
    Intel I7 2600K @ 4800 MHZ | Corsair H80
    Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600
    eVga GTX 480
    Creative X-FI Titanium HD
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M4 64GB SSD| 1 TB Samsung F3
    Silverstone TJ08-E | Corsair AX850

HEAT: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=20134

Xtreme Member
    excellent-crucial,gskill,logitech,corsair,ocz,evga,antec

so so-bfg,msi

terrible-pny,creative labs,apacer,asus
    Evga x99 classified
    i7 6850k
    2x16gb Gskill cas 14
    2x Nvidia 980ti
    Samsung 500GB 960 EVO NVMe M.2
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Thermaltake X71 Tempered Glass Edition
    EK D5 w/EK X top
    XSPC D5 Photon 170mm Res/Pump and
    Blue Barrow D5 Cover
    EK Supremacy EVO Blue
    EK-FC980 GTX ti x2
    HW Labs GTR 240
    XSPC RX360
    HWLabs SR2 420

I had good luck with Leadtek and Seagate.

Seagate was no questions asked. I sent in the dead drive with no receipt or anything (just needed the serial) and they sent me a refurb which worked fine for over a year until I sold it. This was a number of years ago though.

Leadtek asked me for a receipt when I tried to RMA my GeForce 6600 gt, I sent them the Paypal receipt from when I paid for it (I had bought it on ebay) and they accepted it and RMA'd my card. It took about 2 weeks once I sent my card in. I then had the replacement die 6 months later (I overvolted it and killed it actually) and they sent me a 7600 gs to replace it, no questions asked this time. Big thumbs up from me for Leadtek. Not only did the accept the card I bought on eBay, they accepted the replacement I killed and gave me an upgrade too.

Bad news with ASUS. They sent me a bad board to replace the one I RMA'd and it took them nearly 2 weeks to do so. Then it was another 2 weeks and they sent me a beat up board... but it works so far.

As for Crucial... I just had to RMA my Ballistix 8500's. I sent them in overnight on Monday (They received them Tuesday Morning)... so I'm expecting to hear from them or receive my replacement soon. Getting an RMA number was no big deal, I spent about 20 minutes on the phone to get the RMA number.

Current System Specs:

E5300-R0 @ 4013 Mhz (321x12.5) w/ Scythe Mugen II Cooler
    ASUS p5b Deluxe
    4 x 1gb Corsair DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
    BFG GeForce 8800 GT OC2 Edition @ 742/1728/999 w/ Accelero S1
    Sony AW-G170A (Reflashed to Optiarc 7170A)
    Thermaltake V3 Case
    Enermax Liberty 500w PSU
    2xWD160ABYS, WD2502ABYS, WD3200YS and ST3400620A

New toy, Q6600 on the way.

Xtreme Member
    OCZ is EXCELLENT for RMAing, my Platinum TCCD kit was well over 3 years old, and when one stick went dead, I sent it in and got a brand new replacement kit (they had to search pretty hard to get me another TCCD kit, but they did it).

Had a bad experience with Westerns Digital's "express RMA", where they send you the replacement before they receive your defective one (you have to give them your CC as backup). They lost my return, and I had to call them and provide the shipping receipt (luckily I sent it tracked) or else they'd have charged my CC.
    Asus P5B Deluxe
    Intel Core2Duo e4300 @ 355*9 = 3.195ghz
    Zalman CNPS9500 LED
    2x1gb SuperTalent DDR2-1066
    eVGA nvidia Geforce 7900GT 256mb PCI-E
    Western Digital 250gb 7200rpm SATAII HDD w/ 16mb cache
    Benq DW1650 DVD Writer (RPC1 BCHC bios)
    Lite-On SOHD-167T (hacked 9S19 bios)
    Enermax Liberty DXX 500W PSU

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by trowakage View Post
    Had a bad experience with Westerns Digital's "express RMA", where they send you the replacement before they receive your defective one (you have to give them your CC as backup). They lost my return, and I had to call them and provide the shipping receipt (luckily I sent it tracked) or else they'd have charged my CC.
    They didnt ask for the origional receipt? That makes me feel a lot better about buying off of ebay!
    Current System Build
    Designaton:" Rad Hat "
      GPU: BFG 8800GTX | BFG 8600GT (Quad Monitor Setup)
    • Hard Drives:
      RAID: 2x 74GB Raptors on RAID 0 for OS Drives
    • Case and Power Supply:
      Case: Antec Case | PS: OCZ ProXstreame 1000W
    • Water Cooling:
      Pump: Swiftech MCP655-B | Rad: Dual Swiftech MCR320's | Fans: 6x Yate Loon D12SH-12's (W/ Variable RPM Rheostat) @ 88CFM Max Each - 528CFM Total!!!
    • (Water Blocks and Fittings):
      CPU: D-Tek Fusion Block | GPU: Danger Den Full Coverage 8800 Block | Mobo: EK's Mosfet, NorthBridge and SouthBridge Blocks
      Res: Swiftech Micro | Tee's: 4x MartinM's High Flow Copper Tee's | Elbow's: None | Y's: None
    Flow Order: >> Rad's 1 & 2 in parallel > Res > Pump > CPU > GPU > SB > NB > Mosfet 1 > Mosfet 2 >>
    Temperatures: CPU: 57°C Max, Running Prime95 | GPU: 58.3°C Max, Running 3Dmark | NorthBridge: Untested!
    Last Updated 11/11/09

Xtreme Member
    just to add logitech and antec!

Antec sends replacement parts with no questions asked just kinda tell them what u need and 2 days later its there logitech let me keep my old MX700 mouse and keyboard combo and sent me a replacement same with some speakers I had
    Intel I7 2600K @ 4800 MHZ | Corsair H80
    Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
    16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600
    eVga GTX 480
    Creative X-FI Titanium HD
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD | Crucial M4 64GB SSD| 1 TB Samsung F3
    Silverstone TJ08-E | Corsair AX850

HEAT: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=20134

Xtreme Member
    G.Skill Europe (probably same for US)

They don't need original package nor any invoice and it is extremely fast

Sent it on Friday, it arrived Tuesday. They tested it on the next day and confirmed my RAM was defective and sent it using Express shipping so it arrived Friday. Wow never seen that before.

HIS = Worst company ever. RMA = 5 MONTHS YES 5 MONTHS
    I had to send it to Taiwan, and used tracking option and it arrived after 3 weeks. They said it arrived after two months... Then I don't know what took them to need 3 months to send it back. Won't purchase from them anymore that's for sure.

Xtreme Member
    I prefer the companies whose products are so solid that you never need to RMA any units. Seriously thought, I have sent products back to about every company listed so far and I can't complain about any of them.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick04263 View Post
    I prefer the companies whose products are so solid that you never need to RMA any units.
    The law of averages is a killer. When dropping good coin on ANYthing, RMA service should be a huge deal breaker.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme Addict
    BFG is the worst company I have ever had to deal with, so many rude employees, I was lied to by a supervisor, you wait 45mins on the phone to talk with any human, get transfered around, none of the employees know any thing, they are terrible.
    Current Setup:
    -9850 GX2's in Quad SLI config
    -Asus P5N32-SLI MB
    -2x512mb of PC2-5300 DDR2
    -Intel Celeron D OC'd to 3.2Ghz
    -Windows Me with XP theme
    -WD Caviar 20GB Hard Drive
    -Zip drive
    -Jazz drive
    -3.5" floppy drive
    -5.25" floppy drive

Xtreme Addict
    also, i think OCZ is the best when it comes to RMA/customer service.
    Current Setup:
    -9850 GX2's in Quad SLI config
    -Asus P5N32-SLI MB
    -2x512mb of PC2-5300 DDR2
    -Intel Celeron D OC'd to 3.2Ghz
    -Windows Me with XP theme
    -WD Caviar 20GB Hard Drive
    -Zip drive
    -Jazz drive
    -3.5" floppy drive
    -5.25" floppy drive

G.Skill is good, zero problems with Crucial, Asus isn't too bad from my experience (as long as you call, they don't respond to emails too well). Logitech is great too.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Member
    Yeah, they just needed your drive to be under warranty. The catch is, the warranty is longer attached to when you bought the drive, it's attached to when the drive was made.

So the new drive I got had an expiration that was earlier than the one I sent them. And since I got my drive off eBay lol, I didn't have the necessary documentation to get the warranty updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Exahertz View Post
    They didnt ask for the origional receipt? That makes me feel a lot better about buying off of ebay!
    Asus P5B Deluxe
    Intel Core2Duo e4300 @ 355*9 = 3.195ghz
    Zalman CNPS9500 LED
    2x1gb SuperTalent DDR2-1066
    eVGA nvidia Geforce 7900GT 256mb PCI-E
    Western Digital 250gb 7200rpm SATAII HDD w/ 16mb cache
    Benq DW1650 DVD Writer (RPC1 BCHC bios)
    Lite-On SOHD-167T (hacked 9S19 bios)
    Enermax Liberty DXX 500W PSU

Xtreme Cruncher
    Has anyone dealt with MSI ?

Xtreme Member
    I recently had an expereince with Asus RMA'ing a P5K Deluxe.

It was easy as heck.

I called and got a RMA number. No questions asked. I was emailed instructions on where to shipping and labeling and off the board went that day to Asus.

Once I confirmed through USPS that the board was delivered, I called Asus to make sure that they have the board in their system...it was processed right away.

3-4 days later I received an email informing me that the replacement board had been shipped along with tracking info.

Process was within the 10 day period that Asus claims.

Board arrived safely and packaged well.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eToh View Post
    Has anyone dealt with MSI ?
    ive never personally dealt with msi but a friend of mine sent them a dead x1900xt 512.they replaced it with a brand new 8800gts 320.it took about 4 weeks from start to finish but he was very happy with the upgrade!

id just like to reaffirm my trust in oczs cs.
    ive a ocz memory cooler that has a bad fan.blades scrape against the fan casing.so i started a rma request sunday night,offering to replace just the fans rather than the entire cooler.this is the email response i just recieved.

Add your return shipping address as a comment to this ticket and scream "OCZ Rocks!" as loud as you can. I'll send you a new XTC Cooler and some complementary OCZ goodies instead of having you worry about fixing the fan on your existing unit. -------------------------------------------------------Status changed by: Sean Sinha

doesnt get any better than that!
    Evga x99 classified
    i7 6850k
    2x16gb Gskill cas 14
    2x Nvidia 980ti
    Samsung 500GB 960 EVO NVMe M.2
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
    Thermaltake X71 Tempered Glass Edition
    EK D5 w/EK X top
    XSPC D5 Photon 170mm Res/Pump and
    Blue Barrow D5 Cover
    EK Supremacy EVO Blue
    EK-FC980 GTX ti x2
    HW Labs GTR 240
    XSPC RX360
    HWLabs SR2 420

Xtreme Member
    MSI literally DOESN'T HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Perhaps they have cleaned up their act by now, but about I don't know like 4 or 5 years ago I had a busted motherboard made by them, I goto their site and it tells me to call this number or email them, I call the number and basically it is nothing, but a machine that tells you to email them, I don't really remember, but I think their may have been some option (english/spanish etc) but ya it was literally impossible to get a hold of them.

Long story short over the next month I sent them numerous emails and never got a single response.

I will never do business with MSI again.

Same to Dell, I bought one of their monitors and tried to RMA it only to find out that you some dell number off your product to even get through to tech support, after browsing the internet I found out that Dell puts one of these numbers on every single dam one of their freaking products EXCEPT THEIR MONITORS!

Like wise I emailed them a billion times only to get no response.

On a positive note I have had very good RMA support from Asus and have had phenomenal RMA support from dangerden.com the water cooling site.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBDOLER View Post
    MSI literally DOESN'T HAVE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Perhaps they have cleaned up their act by now, but about I don't know like 4 or 5 years ago I had a busted motherboard made by them, I goto their site and it tells me to call this number or email them, I call the number and basically it is nothing, but a machine that tells you to email them, I don't really remember, but I think their may have been some option (english/spanish etc) but ya it was literally impossible to get a hold of them.

Long story short over the next month I sent them numerous emails and never got a single response.

I will never do business with MSI again.

It is still the same in Europe now with MSI. Eventhough I haven't dealt with them for one year I don't think it changed much. They are a joke when it comes to customer support or RMA. If your hardware dies or fails to work correctly, basically you will have to buy something new since they won't answer your phone calls or emails. RIP OFF. Also why do you think they only give you a 1 year warranty on some gfx cards? It won't even last you 1 year and a half that's why.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast