Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Californian Judge Orders Illegally Modified Honda Civic To Be Crushed video

I am Xtreme
    Since there was no evidence that HE stole the parts, they couldn't get him on that charge....so they destroyed the whole thing....
    I don't know about you but if I did a GSR swap or something in my civic (not that I'd ever own one) and it got crushed because it turned out that the person/company I purchased it from stole it, I'd be pretty pissed.

Banned
    Jeez, it's hard to believe that The Republic of Kalifornia would do something solely in the name of getting as much press coverage as possible.

Xtreme Cruncher
    god after i drop the beta into my accent i wont be going to cali
    CPU Q6600 @ 3.15Ghz D-tek CPU Block
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R 350Mhz FSB
    RAM G.SKILL F2-8500CL5D-2GBHK DDR2 1066
    GPU Nvidia 8800GT MCW-60 700Mhz Core 1.0 GHz Mem
    PSU Cooler Master realPower 550W
    Storage 3 500 GB WD Caviar SE16 in RAID 0 + 300gb WD
    Misc. CM stacker STC-T01 w/ Cross-flow fan, 2 MCR-320 Rads, DCC 355 W/ Petras Top, 12 YateLoon D12SL-12, ~12ft Tygon 9/16 ID tubing

Crunching for [XS]

Xtreme Member
    This is just a scare tactic.
    Im not gunna lie, I street race. not on a regular basis, usually at nite on a backroad or service road. What it looks like, is that maybe the parts were stolen, maybe he purchased them from ebay who knows. And how can they prove he was a street racer? Maybe he was just a poser, last time I checked it wasnt illegal to be a poser.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER
    I put a new engine in my car to see if my stereo would get any louder...
    CATV Tech for Comcast, Cox Communications, and Time Warner Cable

Ker-Pow !
    She did have nice knockers....

thats not the whole story there is something missing u cant have ur property destroyed for a stolen engine it would normally be taken and auctioned and ur car left intact like i said this will be going to a higher a court and that kid will be getting a real car if thats all that went down
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    There has got to be more to it than this. If his car was taken because of a number being chipped off of his engine with some stolen parts, how is that linked to street racing? Im not saying that the guy should have not had his car taken away, but crushed to try and scare street racers? It really makes no sense to me.

Lets review what we know.

-He had a modified car.
    -Mods included a Fiberglass hood, sway bars, and an exhaust (maybe more).
    -He was not street racing at the time, nor do they have any evidence of him street racing.

I just dont understand how they are linking a dirty car to street racing, and all of the many, many casualties of street racing (according to that prosecutor).

I do not street race, however, i do have a modified car. I love me some speed, but i also have enough sense not to endanger other peoples lives in order for me to get my fix.

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense, but this has been bothering me for a few days, and it just doesnt seem right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Webster View Post
    There has got to be more to it than this. If his car was taken because of a number being chipped off of his engine with some stolen parts, how is that linked to street racing? Im not saying that the guy should have not had his car taken away, but crushed to try and scare street racers? It really makes no sense to me.

Lets review what we know.

-He had a modified car.
    -Mods included a Fiberglass hood, sway bars, and an exhaust (maybe more).
    -He was not street racing at the time, nor do they have any evidence of him street racing.

I just dont understand how they are linking a dirty car to street racing, and all of the many, many casualties of street racing (according to that prosecutor).

I do not street race, however, i do have a modified car. I love me some speed, but i also have enough sense not to endanger other peoples lives in order for me to get my fix.

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense, but this has been bothering me for a few days, and it just doesnt seem right.
    Well, the California legislature and judiciary body are known for making an example out of some poor sap to prove some cheap political point.

Xtreme Member
    Kinda makes me glad to not be a Cali citizen. I do have a few friends over there, and they tell me its hell on their streets. What are they doing?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12