Thread: gamefaqs = n00b city, usa

Banned

gamefaqs = n00b city, usa

got a good luagh out of this, someone was advising someone to go AMD instead of a 2.8c intel

OR you could Not pay to much for your processor.... Get an Athlon XP 2900+ Barton core, its about 100$ less at 169$ at newegg.com Get a different motherboard as well (since its an intel motherboard and AMD processors require the AMD type of motherboard). you willt take about 100-150$ off of the price, and get the same if not better performance, Ive seen the benchmarks, and I almost felt sorry for Intel, whats even worse on INtel's part is that AMD has a processor running on 333Mhz bus and 2.08 Ghz, and its equally if not faster then a 2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 with 800Mhz of Bus. Hum..... Which processor do you think has more quality? AMD... OH and its cheaper.... HUMMMMMMMMM which is better...... AMD is. Another thing, The Athlon XP Barton Core processors run a crap load cooler then the P4 Hyperthreading Processors, meaning you arent going to have to go as fan crazy, and overclocking will be MUCH easier in the long run.

JBELL
    :thumbsup:

Banned
    LOL

Banned
    The best performance? AMD has better preformance, Intel is just faster

another genious line

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't really mind that most are n00bs, I just hate how a number of users there spread false information and when you correct them, they insist they are right.

Banned
    yeah, thats whats wrong, people are so full of themselves that they think theyre always right and that alienware is the best and nvidia rocks the pants off ati etc. etc.

know a lot of people that think that AMD is only good for games but in programs like for example decoding movies Intel is sooo beter. Or people that still use the advice, take a NVIDIA card because ATI has bad drivers :/

Well, the best we can do is ignore them

Xtreme Relic
    That sounds just like the noob advice you see in the Newegg review section! Man...read those reviews sometime...it's scary that folks actually go by them when deciding to purchase hardware.
    Reminds me of that old saying that goes something like..." It is best to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson (1939 - 2005)

Banned
    Today some guy posted on kunaaks thread about him hitting 4.1ghz that the highest he ever got with his 2.4c was 4.45ghz. Then he told kunaak he should be able to hit 5ghz. I thought that was pretty funny. To get 4.45ghz his fsb would have to be 370.

Banned
    that guy is uber 1337 man.....he'll 0wn j00z

Banned
    Editted by Tweaked! Please refrain from flaming others. This is the area of the forums for general chat and there's nothing wrong with this post.
    This is your official warning about flaming others, next offense will result in more xtreme actions.

*sigh* so much time wasted at gamefaqs
    AMD 1700+ OC @ 2.3ghz
    Radeon 9700 np
    512 DDR 333
    120 Western Digital "Special Edition" 8 mb cache

3dmark2k1 - 18,432
    3dmark2k3 - 5,451

AOL IS THE SPAWN OF SATAN