Thread: Question about accessories(T splitters, valves, fillports etc..)

Question about accessories(T splitters, valves, fillports etc..)

Hi guys.

Going to build my first WC system this week. I'm already clear with all the 'main' stuff, but I didn't find a suitable explanation about all the additional lesser equipment. I'd appreciate if you could explain their uses, and whether I need them or not:

1. Fillport. how exactly is it used to replace a reservoir?
    2. T splitter(or T-line?) - what is that for? do I need it?
    3. valves- what are they for? (like this: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=21029)
    4. Nozzles. I've seen special nozzles for blocks(Dtek only I think?) - what are they for, and are they really useful?

Would appreciate your explanation.

Deergus

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Deergus View Post
    Hi guys.

Going to build my first WC system this week. I'm already clear with all the 'main' stuff, but I didn't find a suitable explanation about all the additional lesser equipment. I'd appreciate if you could explain their uses, and whether I need them or not:

1. Fillport. how exactly is it used to replace a reservoir?
    2. T splitter(or T-line?) - what is that for? do I need it?
    3. valves- what are they for? (like this: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=21029)
    4. Nozzles. I've seen special nozzles for blocks(Dtek only I think?) - what are they for, and are they really useful?

Would appreciate your explanation.

Deergus
    1.) Fillport is to put in the liquid. Usually, this is hooked up to a piece of tubing, the to the top of the t-line so then you can fill up the system.
    2.) a t-line is used to bleed the air bubbles away. Air in your loop=bad and always put this rite before the pump
    3.)i dunno
    4.) Nozzles for restricting flow and increasing pressure thus causing impigment inside the block=better temps at the cost of flow. It really depends if you have a strong pump or not, but in general, you'll be fine with a nozzle

Banned
    Some guys add valves so they can close the loop and remove a part without completely drain the loop. This is not really necessary for someone who doesn't tinker with the loop every week and add some unneeded restriction.

The T-line is not mandatory and you can skip it if you order a reservoir, which is a better option anyway for faster bleeding and ease of use.

Thanks for the quick replies.

So basically I either need a reservoir, or a tline+fillport? or can the Tline be used with a reservoir too?

What about filling the system with liquid. how much is enough? Assuming my reservoir is home-made and there is no convenient cap to open up for refilling, how could I refill the system?

Another issue is leak testing - if I do the test outside my computer, how can I then put the block on the cpu with all the liquid in the closed loop?

Xtreme Addict
    You can combine a t-line and a reservoir, a lot of people do. Use the res for topping off, and the t-line for draining. When you're building your loop make sure you plan it out well, you'll need a convenient way to both drain and fill it. If your res has no convenient way to add fluid, a t-line would be a good idea. Although a totally sealed res kind of defeats it's purpose.. other than looking cool.

To fill the system... fill it until it's "full" leave a bit of room in the res but the loop should be totally full of coolant.

As far as assembly goes.. you'll definately want to assemble it and leak test outside the case. Best bet would be to place all the components in your case where they're going to go, and then attach the tubing to the "dry" loop. When it's all cut to the right length, you can take it out to fill & leak test. When you are ready to install it it should just drop into place.

XBOX Gamertag:Fujimitsu - I'm lonely, be my friend!