Thread: Are these any good?

Xtreme Addict

Are these any good?

Saw the sale ad and we're picking a couple up for my Cirrus tomorrow. I wanted to ask if anyone knows if these are a good product or not. I'm having a lot of difficulty finding any information on them. The wipers on my car are on their last leg and when I stood them up to clean my windshield and clean my wipers today a few tiny pieces of plastic and rubber fell off them, so this is a great deal.

I noticed that the passenger side looks like it can fit a 21" to 22" and the drivers side looks like it can fit a 22" to 24" blade. I measured many times to make sure that was right. They're definitely different sizes. Is that normal? Well it looks like I can fit a 22" on the PS and a 24 inch on the DS, without them fighting each other. The DS lifts up first then the PS lifts afterwards... there's a pause between them so they never rotate side by side, so I don't think they'll fight against each other. Looks like there will be a half inch gap between them or less when they go back all the way down to their resting position at the bottom of the windshield. So I'm going to try and get larger ones than the originals. They never cleaned very well, because they were shorter than they had room for. I hope the gamble I'm taking won't bite me in the ass.
    Last edited by Judaeus Apella; 10-06-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

different sizes on each side are normal, in the manual for your car or in the book that should be displayed with the blades.

those are nice but they only last a year or so (like all of the current blades) so they are kinda costly for what they are but $8 a pair is about what u pay for traditional ones.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Enthusiast
    They're wipers, they're all good as long as you replace them every 6-8 months.

Xtreme Addict
    LOL. This car is 11 years old and I don't think the wipers have EVER been replaced. hahaha The Bosch blades on my mothers XTerra are about the same age and they've never been replaced either. They work fine.... I've never understood why people say you need to replace wiper blades every year or so when we've had blades last about 6-12 years on all the cars we've had in our family.
    This cosmic dance of bursting decadence and withheld permissions, twists all our arms collectively, but if sweetness can win, and it can, then I'll still be here tomorrow to high-five you yesterday, my friend. Peace.

blades used to last alot longer and only degrade with use, but now they are not allowed to use the good plasticizers so they are only good for a year or so.

i remember when i had my car for about 4 years and i never had a problem but then i had to change them and now its once every year or maybe 2.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Dammit... when did this start?

Xtreme Member
    I got the exact same blades a few weeks ago from Costco before the current sale and so far they've worked perfectly. They're blades....they do what they do.
    - Autobot -
    Intel Q9400 (3.6Ghz) / Asus P5Q Deluxe / 8GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    MSI R6970 Afterburner 2GB / Asus Xonar DX
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD / Seagate 640GB SATA2 / Lite-On DVD/RW Litescribe SATA
    XFX XXX-Edition modular 650W PSU
    Enzotech / Swiftech / Koolance

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by autobot View Post
    I got the exact same blades a few weeks ago from Costco before the current sale and so far they've worked perfectly. They're blades....they do what they do.
    Well... I saw a complaint that for some people it doesn't touch the window in the middle of the wiper and leaves an untouched spot. He has an 03 accord I think. Anywho, the windshield is very very long... wider than a lot of other cars. So I hope they work. I'm really hoping I made the right decision about buying a 24 for the drivers side. The car is rated for 22" on both sides, but the stock wiper on the driver side is about 22.5" and still has several inches of space on the edge of the window and several inches of space from the other wiper (consider the fact that the stock passenger side wiper is 21.75), but they NEVER come near each other. The drivers side wipes first followed by the passenger side, then the drivers side pauses to let the passenger side go back down first. It happens really fast, I had to cut the power a bunch of times to watch exactly how they work together. I wanted to be sure they wouldn't fight each other and hit each other if I got a longer one for the drivers side. So... cross your fingers.

Xtreme Member
    Not too sure on the Goodyear version but I have used the rainx and bosch versions across 4 vehicles and they worked real well it also rains a lot here in Florida so I make the most out of them, they seem to last me more than a year and doesn't rip like the old wipers when worn out.
    [i7 4770K] [Z87 Gene VI] [8GB Sammy] [GTX780] [H80i] [AX850] [350D] [XL2720T]

Xtreme Member
    These are decent, the bosche ones are way better, but for the price from costco go for it.
    i7 940/Rampage 2 Extreme/Corsair 6g Dominator/Corsair HX100W/GTX 580/SSD

Xtreme Addict
    DAMMIT! LOL I thought they'd work! On low speed they were fine but on high speed they started fighting each other. I wish they came in 23". Now I have to take the 24" and get a 22". Booooo