Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Pratt&Miller C6RS

Xtreme News Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    Bonkers stop acting like a child. Pinnacle you should know better then to invite yourself into such a ridiculous argument when you know you're right.
    Ya, sorry about that, I get like that when it comes to the Vette, such a fan of it. Im done with that guy.
    "There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    The dragstrip, because there is nothing like having your ass pinned down by 900lb of torque.
    Well, i guess we're so far apart in our views there's nothing to be done. Me, i like women personally. Although, i've never had my ass pinned down by 900lbft of torque.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanometer View Post
    Bonkers stop acting like a child. Pinnacle you should know better then to invite yourself into such a ridiculous argument when you know you're right.
    You sure have a lot to offer to a discussion.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
    You sure have a lot to offer to a discussion.
    Trolling for fights... *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Noob-ftw View Post
    Trolling for fights... *sigh*
    Yeah, i shouldn't have gone for that bait, you're right. Damn my enthusiasm sometimes.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    HP/L or lb-ft/L is ricer math.
    Too bad engineers use that too.
    Asus P4C800ED P-M 730@2.8 7700Cu
    2X1GB OCZ - ATI X800XT AIW - OCZ PS 520W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob-ftw View Post
    Anyone else expect to see more than 600 RWHP with an 8.2L V8? Maybe my expectations are too high...
    they gotta make it street legal in 50 states, and i've brought it up before, the biggest part of the corvette market, is older gentlemen, who dont want a loud car, with a nice big lopy cam, and crazy power with light throttle.

and i believe the zr1, will be a supercharged 5.3 liter ls3, first year will be 650hp, after that it's supposed to be 700. which is by no means maxing it out. the ls7 can make massive amounts of hp more than 700.
    Last edited by trance565; 11-04-2007 at 10:07 PM.
    emptiness

How about some performance numbers??

0-60
    0-100
    1/4 Mile
    Skidpad
    700ft Slalom

Quote Originally Posted by Soulburner View Post
    HP/L or lb-ft/L is ricer math.
    Maybe, but what realy matters is HP/lb and lb-ft/lb

Bugatti Veyron is the perfect example. There are a few cars out there with considerably less power that can hit the same speeds, although I will admit they have not seen "mass" production yet.
    Last edited by MaxxxRacer; 11-04-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkers View Post
    Yes, that beast with it's 1000+ horsepower will outrun a 430 in a straight line. Outside the dragstrip, it won't have a hope in hell. You tell me which is more important?
    I'm really not sure if you've read all specs ... probably not

And if we take laptimes from the track which I really count for: Nordschleife... you'll not see too much Ferraris above Z06

And this C6RS has a carbon fiber body and computer controlled adjustable suspension for starters. Body is 1.6 inches wider than Z06. Aerodynamics are redesigned. If you would comprehend that Pratt& Miller is the manufacturer of Le Mans winner C6R race cars which this C6RS is somewhat based for.

600 horsepower from 8.2 litre engine probably seemingly low tech for you. It's not. Those hps are reliable horses from day to day. Of course one could easily crank up more but that doesn't in matter of fact straight mean you've faster car at track. Manoeuvrability of the engine (with "better" torque) is golden.

I love Porsches, M-BMWs, Corvettes (which my friends have)... and so on, all the brands. But Ferraris are something I cannot fully understand. They are generally overpriced IMHO
    This gives a clue to others that I'm poor cause I had to think the cost of the vehicle... well it's true, I am poor

EDIT: wanted to ad... I'm a sucker for 57' Chevy Bel Airs, that's my dream
    Last edited by sc00p; 11-04-2007 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sc00p View Post
    I'm really not sure if you've read all specs ... probably not

And if we take laptimes from the track which I really count for: Nordschleife... you'll not see too much Ferraris above Z06

And this C6RS has a carbon fiber body and computer controlled adjustable suspension for starters. Body is 1.6 inches wider than Z06. Aerodynamics are redesigned. If you would comprehend that Pratt& Miller is the manufacturer of Le Mans winner C6R race cars which this C6RS is somewhat based for.

600 horsepower from 8.2 litre engine probably seemingly low tech for you. It's not. Those hps are reliable horses from day to day. Of course one could easily crank up more but that doesn't in matter of fact straight mean you've faster car at track. Manoeuvrability of the engine (with "better" torque) is golden.
    The post i was responding to was about the Lingenfelter Vette which has none of those. I don't doubt this things track-credentials and have never said anything disrespectful of this car or any other Vette.

You make a lot of assumptions about me when infact you'd struggle to find anything i have written to be bashing this car or any Vette for that matter. About 75 horses/litre is not low tech, it is the norm for high-mileage engines these days. This is exactly what pisses me off: if I say a Ferrari has a higher tech engine someone will think of that as saying a Vette has a low-tech engine which is simply not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    Your an Idiot. And why are you deleting your posts let Soulburner see what you just had to say about GM.
    Deleting posts doesn't hide them from the mods.
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234