This guide applies only to G92 based nVIDIA 8800GS, GT, GTS and 9600GSO reference boards. If your card has different layout feel free to report here, and, if possible post clear pictures of the card.
Higher resolution image @ Imageshack:
- stock vGPU voltages for this card are 1.05v (2D idle) and 1.15v (3D load)
- stock vMEM voltage for Qimonda GDDR3 (HYB18H512321BF-10) is 2.0v ±5%
- vMEM mod has been deemed almost useless as Qimonda GDDR3 does not OC any better at higher voltages
- 1kΩ variable resistor can be used for the vGPU mod in order to maintain minimum voltage close to stock. 500Ω VR will be more accurate to tune but it will also force vGPU slightly higher than stock even when the VR is tuned for lowest vGPU = maximum resistance.
- vGPU pencil mod turned out to be virtually impossible
- usage of a multimeter is required for tracking the vGPU
Complete GeForce 8800 GS/GT/GTS Voltmods for reference PCB @ techPowerUp!