Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Cryo-Z Ready To Ship

Xtreme Member
    this is not xtreme...build your own!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey View Post
    I'll just change my sig to "Fold for XS or I'll post nekkid pics of meself"

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
    Its phase change, not a damn heatsink, so i dont know why any of you are getting your panties in a bunch. Is there anything thats isnt bashed or cried about on these forums these days?
    hehehe you do realise how many PR stunts they've had since first mentioning this

Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Bandwith Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    hehehe you do realise how many PR stunts they've had since first mentioning this

Well lets see you do a better job mass producing this than? You're a phase guy aren't you?

There could be several things not known to public why it was delayed. Whether it was sourcing materials, legal issues and liability... Just because you dont know doesnt mean its a FUD stunt. Fact is, its coming and probably sooner than you think. No need to jump on the bash bandwagon...

Xtreme Legend
    you should concentrate on them not me

if one has problems then you don't go building up the product on places like that site knowing it will spread further into the wild and make its way to XS and other forums......

just do what you have to do and when you are 99% certain of your plans and product launch you start feeding info

it seems that they are just about to launch but wasn't that the case many times before. They just shoot themselves in the foot with these types of hypes IMO

I have absolutely no vested interest at all in phase change circles ..........................................
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haltech View Post
    Well lets see you do a better job mass producing this than? You're a phase guy aren't you?

There could be several things not known to public why it was delayed. Whether it was sourcing materials, legal issues and liability... Just because you dont know doesnt mean its a FUD stunt. Fact is, its coming and probably sooner than you think. No need to jump on the bash bandwagon...
    If there was enough money to be made then everyone would be jumping into the budget single-stage camp. The fact that OCZ's attempt has taken years to even see some semblance of the light of day goes to show that this isn't a very healthy market segment. Going to be interesting to see how this unit handles if it ever does hit the public.

Xtreme Mentor
    The only single stage phase unit I would be interested in would be a quality unit that I know I could really push my processor with (the reason why people get phase in the first place), and it's pretty obvious the Cryo-Z isn't going to be that.
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme Addict
    doesnt look half bad. For 300 bucks it best be of decent quality, im sure it will do alright
    ~

Xtreme Legend
    it is good timing to come out now considering how little load newer intels will put out compared to others so even these types of units will get great results heh

problem is the market isn't big and pricepoints they targetted originally may not really be worth going to market for.....but i reckon they must be close to it anyways....i'm guessing US$399 for cheapest units
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    it is good timing to come out now considering how little load newer intels will put out compared to others so even these types of units will get great results heh

problem is the market isn't big and pricepoints they targetted originally may not really be worth going to market for.....but i reckon they must be close to it anyways....i'm guessing US$399 for cheapest units
    The real test will be reliability of such cheap units
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah thats what killed nventiv didnt it?
    servicing all the units that went belly up cost them so much they made losses and losses.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post
    Nobody photoshopped any pictures

AFAIK, 2 units have been shipped to reviewers, when they post their review, then you will have info.
    Enough of the when, we want a now. OCZ has done nowt but been crap. ram okay ya good there everything eles has stunk after OCZ touched it.

Look at PC+P, amazing PSU's when PC+P had control etc, now they are crap, 5 750W Quad all same fault with bad voltages on lines and very differnt build dates so not a batch! Each died in there own manner with the 5th only being switched on to install XP and Boom.

Empty boxes means nothing
    Last edited by Cooper; 11-27-2007 at 12:17 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    And everybody wonders why no one from OCZ want to post when every thread turns to nonsense and bull.

the jedi master
    you know guys im getting tired of reading crap on XS about the CRYO-Z, you will hear nothing more about the unit from me or Ryder..after this last post.

1 there are no 230V units..so if you are in the UK or EU you won't see them for sale...this was posted by me from the very start so old news

2 there are more than 18 units...a lot more but they are not ready...when they are ready you will see an official PR...don't ask how many you will not find out from me or Ryder

no further news will be given now...
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Banned
    If a company can't stand critiscm they should stop nuf said.

No 230V AC units? that shouldn't be a problem since there are enough supplies to deliver 110V. I wouldn't give up hope on lol

the jedi master
    60HZ comprssors m8...not so efficient on 50HZ
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    60HZ comprssors m8...not so efficient on 50HZ
    I'll have an ABB regulator for that

Xtreme Member
    Good job guys.

Xtreme Cruncher
    most of you should be glad im not a mod here or you will see a massive banning we have great relations with ocz we have great information from them first and also great help from tony and ryder i can tell you ryder did everything in this world to help me with my ram sticks that is why i buy ocz

tony ryder there is still people with brains around here and we appreciate all the effort you guys do and we can understand the complexity to develop a product like this with a market so small and you guys not only sorted all the issues but still stand behind the project to take out to the light and the guys that have some brain says thank you
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

Banned
    OCZ seam to be going for the US market, guessing due to it being bigger it makes it easyer...or it's due to the laws over EU etc on such a unit.

Good luck OCZ, it might get things really moving big time

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] leviathan18 View Post
    most of you should be glad im not a mod here or you will see a massive banning we have great relations with ocz we have great information from them first and also great help from tony and ryder i can tell you ryder did everything in this world to help me with my ram sticks that is why i buy ocz

tony ryder there is still people with brains around here and we appreciate all the effort you guys do and we can understand the complexity to develop a product like this with a market so small and you guys not only sorted all the issues but still stand behind the project to take out to the light and the guys that have some brain says thank you
    I dont think anyone is doubting their quality or service, OCZ was my first real ram so they have a special place in my PC

Its just in this one instance that were being dragged around. There are still quite a few of us that would like to switch to phase but are waiting for a reputable company to step upto the plate and deliver. After the chilly, and countless other phase incidents there is no way in hell I would go thru anything less than an established company. Ive just seen too many people screwed over. I know Im not alone in that either.

There have been quite a few threads on this, saying its shipping ASAP pretty much. I think all most of us want is some specs on it and a solid price. They shipped out 6~ months ago if we go by the original thread after INQ said it was canceled, I just cant believe that a company could ship something for retail and not have a price range to release.

Re
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

Xtreme Cruncher
    imagine all the issues they must have worked out do you think they want to show something drag attention and not selling it ????

you are using some gases that are illegal to handle if you are not hvac certified and the design of the heads evaporators and all the stuff its a big job and they didnt quit with the first issue
    Incoming new computer after 5 long years

YOU want to FIGHT CANCER OR AIDS join us at WCG and help to have a better FUTURE

the jedi master
    you guys have ZERO idea what is involved, absolutely nada...not a thing.
    1st thing is you can not ship units gassed up into the USA...so the nightmare begins getting them gassed here.(this one is sorted) There are more issues but thats all im willing to tell you.

what you have to remember is no OCZ rep has posted a thread saying the OCZ unit is here and its shipping...i posted a look at an alpha unit and that thread got bashed as no one believed the temps I was reporting...that was like 18 to 24 months ago. Since then all you have seen is leaked info etc but nothing official.

So why not put the idea of the Cryo-z on a back burner and wait for an official statement...thats all im asking for. All i see here is a thread full of speculation, OCZ have added nothing officially to it...you all push for OCZ to post and add info but get pi55ed when we don't post...well we have nothing to say..sorry but true

Wait for a PR, thats all we are going to say from now on
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Xtreme X.I.P.
    thread locked

Units need more tweaking. Its been a long journey and nearly complete.

Mine is getting photo's taken and I will post up the numbers along with all my notes.

I have a work around for benching as we dont want the unit to power down unless we tell it to. When changing bios parameters on some boards it will do a power reset. Some boards are quick enough that the Cryo-Z will not react but it may be a problem on some boards.

Once the work around and other ideas have been addressed, it should be a lot closer to shipping.

I will also request that each unit has a visible serial number and a deed to ownership (contest for cryo owners).

Mounting options will improve over time, OCZ or even third parties will build top plates and so on for future platforms, I can already assure you that socket 1366 is not a problem.

I spent lots of time with the unit, not just an overnight wham bam (its awesome buy it!).

My notes will hopefully be of some assistance to OCZ in fine tuning these to suite everyones needs.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345