Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cryo-Z Ready To Ship

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer411 View Post
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=148451

These were ready to ship 4 months ago

So any OCZ reps wanna chime in with specs on this thing? Im sure Im not the only one whos givin up hope on cheap phase due to the AMD quality release dates...
    Wonder if those 100 units inbound for the US were samples and the recipients held true to the NDA. Wishful thinking anyway.
    i5 2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.32v(+.010 offset LLC set to 4) / ASRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) / 2x4gb Samsung Green MV-3V4G3D @ 1866mhz 1.35v / AMD HD 6850 1gb /2x150gb Velociraptor Raid 0 + 500gb WD Green / Corsair TX 750watt V2

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GripS View Post
    Wonder if those 100 units inbound for the US were samples and the recipients held true to the NDA. Wishful thinking anyway.
    i know for a fact anandtech is first in line for both for review samples, but i doubt ill be getting my hands on either for a longtime to come for review

Xtreme Mentor
    Why don't you guys quite the OCZ bashing and wait for one of the OCZ guys to tell us what is going on?
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

SSD faster than your HDD
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    I guess that what happens when you buy a stick of ram for $5.85(including pcb and all other conponents), and sell 'em for $100-$800....

Sorry guys, no info. They didn't even warn me that this article was going up and from the sounds of it, they know more than I do at this moment. I will see if I can drum anymore info up this next week.

Thanks.

Xtreme Addict
    Hmmmm ... does it say 21kg gross weight on the side of the box?

I appreciate OCZ exploring the idea of mass marketing these units. How many companies that cater to the PC enthusiasts would even make an attempt? Even if it never comes to market it looks like OCZ has already put some substantial resources into it.

If by some chance OCZ has to liquidate the project, maybe we can get a few of the pre-production units into the hands of XS members.
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by RyderOCZ View Post

Sorry guys, no info. They didn't even warn me that this article was going up and from the sounds of it, they know more than I do at this moment. I will see if I can drum anymore info up this next week.

Thanks.
    And you know... dont forget your friends i sent a msg to lisa too im sure she will be getting that monday, me begging her for a sample of the hydrojet and this

Xtreme Member
    maybe we need a new OCZ advisor here, maybe a OCZ cooling guru?
    A64 Venice 3000+
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D
    X800 XL
    1 GB OCZ Gold 2-2-2
    520 Watt Powerstream

Xtreme Mentor

Thanks.
    Request a sample for yourself
    "To exist in this vast universe for a speck of time is the great gift of life. Our tiny sliver of time is our gift of life. It is our only life. The universe will go on, indifferent to our brief existence, but while we are here we touch not just part of that vastness, but also the lives around us. Life is the gift each of us has been given. Each life is our own and no one else's. It is precious beyond all counting. It is the greatest value we have. Cherish it for what it truly is."

I am Xtreme

Thanks.

You question spot-market pricing? Do i really need to post a link for you? current price for unbinned 512mb DDR2 is less than $1.25....

You'd probably need a log-on to the DRAM-eXchange tho...

I'll give you this much tho..that price does not account for testing, price of equipment to build the sticks, etc...but you guys should have recouped this cost a long time ago.

My point was not that you guys are doing consumers a bad service, but it would allow for a very small margin on the Cryo-Z if you were making the cash from DRAM....
    Last edited by cadaveca; 10-28-2007 at 02:04 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    hmm.. like the others, ill believe it when i see it. Ive been following this thing for quite some time, and every time its like, "cyro-z coming soon!!!!" then its been delayed what seems like 50 times. Sadly, i dont have the desire for it i once did. (woot for this intel board not being as fun to OC as the ol 680i)
    "Roses are FF0000, Violets are 0000FF, All my base are belong to you."
    Asus P6X58D-E
    I7 930 @ 3.9
    Asus 660ti DirectCU OC
    Antec Twelve-Hundred

xtreme energy
    Hmm, how come there are no (p)reviews yet if boxes are ready to ship?

Xtreme Addict
    My point was not that you guys are doing consumers a bad service, but it would allow for a very small margin on the Cryo-Z if you were making the cash from DRAM....
    So your argument is that they should charge less because they're already making money on other things? Wow...

Ryan
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Abit IP35 Pro
    Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 3200 w/ Tuniq Tower
    2x2gb A-Data DDR2 800
    AMD/ATi HD 4870

I am Xtreme
    Nah, that it could be doable for them to release a far bettter unit than most suspect, with piss-all for profit. They dont' need to make money off these things...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This might be awesome. wtb Hydrojet also. Ready that too.
    This post above was delayed 90 times by Nvidia. Cause that's their thing, thats what they do.
    This Announcement of the delayed post above has been brought to you by Nvidia Inc.

RIGGY
    case:Antec 1200
    MB: XFX Nforce 750I SLI 72D9
    CPU:E8400 (1651/4x9) 3712.48
    MEM:4gb Gskill DDR21000 (5-5-5-15)
    GPU: NVIDIA GTX260 EVGA SSC (X2 in SLI) both 652/1403
    PS:Corsair 650TX
    --Cooling--
    5x120mm 1x200mm
    Zalman 9700LED
    Displays: Samsung LN32B650/Samsung 2243BWX/samsung P2350

Xtreme Addict
    Nah, that it could be doable for them to release a far bettter unit than most suspect, with piss-all for profit. They dont' need to make money off these things...
    alright, say what you want. Just don't demand the government intervene and do as you say.

Ryan
    "Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Abit IP35 Pro
    Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 3200 w/ Tuniq Tower
    2x2gb A-Data DDR2 800
    AMD/ATi HD 4870

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by FghtinIrshNvrDi View Post
    Just don't demand the government intervene and do as you say.

Ryan

MY kids don't listen all the time, why the ... would the government?

Microsoft took a long time before they made money on the XBOX...all I'm saying.

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCrawler™ View Post
    I alomst got it right dammit...

Still.... OCZ has been very active and helpful around here and it just pisses me off to the max to see them leave this place because some just can't seem to shut it when they need to...
    Jesus Christ, you make me laugh... Don't you think OCZ benefits from being at XS??
    Damnit, stop being such a freakin brownnoser, OCZ usually makes good things, but just alike any other companies they're not perfect, and Cryo-Z hype was definantly a mistake...
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Jesus Christ, you make me laugh... Don't you think OCZ benefits from being at XS??
    Damnit, stop being such a freakin brownnoser, OCZ usually makes good things, but just alike any other companies they're not perfect, and Cryo-Z hype was definantly a mistake...
    OCZ didn't really hype the unit... i think 3 pictures of it got out and the hype came from forums like this... every time this thing is mentioned it results into a ten page thread. OCZ reps on the forums have been very clear that the unit was only a prototype from the begginging. Either way, insults are not neccesary ever on this forum; so OCZ bashing is over the line. At the same time we shouldn't just blindly eat whatever a company feeds us. Bottom line is be polite and look at things objectivley to make sure they are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by FghtinIrshNvrDi View Post
    alright, say what you want. Just don't demand the government intervene and do as you say.

Ryan
    His point is that OCZ can use this unit as a loss leader; where you sell it at almost no profit to turn people on to your brand, and then you make money off of the other products you have. This is what newegg does and it's why they are so successfull. High volume products go out the door dirt cheap and those randoms you tag on get the high margins. Same thing with the new harry potter book, most book stores sell it at a loss to get kids in the store and to get kids reading to buy other books. It's simple marketing. He is not crapping on OCZ or suggesting they charge less. Just pointing out that because of high profit margins on ram they are able to offer us, a niche market, an excellent product at a low price without having to worry too much about making money... allowing them to improve customer loyalty, give a gift to the overclocking community, and now we recommend all of our non-niche friends OCZ products. A very win-win situation for all parties.

I'm not sure why you are bringing up government intervention and what not, maybe you should not look so far into it.

Xtreme Member
    Can't wait to see how this performs, if it it does well it could very well be on my x-mas list (That is if it is out by then)
    Intel Core i7 2600K~stock for now
    ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe
    2x4GB Patriot Viper@DDR3 1600
    MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 570~stock for now
    OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
    Logitech G15 & MX518
    Thermaltake Armor Series
    SPDIF out (optical) --> Headroom 2005 DAC --> Little Dot II++ --> Senn HD595s

Xtreme Member
    any one knows about pricing info?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Hmm, if that 300$ is reality then I´, going to buy one for 250EUR
    Not bad, if they do their job well.

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    It benefits the members here... I had massive issues with my RAM and thanks to OCZ being active here I got it solved and got the best timings possible on them sticks..
    If there was any news on the OCZ product line you would read it hear first...

It has nothing to do with brownnosing... I like their products and their support...
    Sure they're not perfect but at least they back their products....

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

naokaji
    ocz got bad customer service? dunno.. but personally i only had good experiences with them.

as for the cryo-z, well, if they really manage to release it at the price of a high end watercooling and it performs better then i'll definitly get one....

Xtreme Member
    Its a test shipment. To see how the units hold up under shipping. 100 units= 100 percent of course. I hope they get good results
    "Fanbouyism is a disease we all carry but most have immune systems that keep it at bay. However when coupled with a bad dose of ignorance and Low IQ numbers, this disease can be accelerated out of control to boast insane amounts of irradic, Defensive, or Aggressive behaviour and unexplainable devotion to a product or label whether or not that item is truly deserving" -DR Ima Noober, June 1, 2003

Asus P5QL-Pro
    Kinston HyperX 4x2 gigs 5-5-515@ 1120 mghz
    Q6600 - 3.33 GHZ
    2x Sapphire 4870 1 gig
    Galaxie 850 PSU- this thing rocks
    audigy 2zs gamer
    4x Freezones to cool Proc. Idle @ 10c- Full load @29c(soon to be 5x in my new twelve hundred case)
    Vista ultimate 64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yea, I can see this fitting in well, can't wait for some #s. I bet it's going to break down like this:

____Air cooling.
    * under $100
    * users who don't want to mod cases
    * mild overclock

____Water cooling kits.
    * $100-$200
    * users who want to try water cooling
    * still no case modding
    * small overclock
    * probably external

____Water cooling high-end
    * $200-250
    * users who want high overclocks
    * possibly fits entirely inside case (either stock or with mods)
    * will probably have to mod MOST cases

____Cryo-Z
    * $300
    * users who want very high overclocks
    * will mod their case to make it work with it
    * thinking long term, multi-platform lifespan

Then there is the peltier and vapochill stuff that I didn't include

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast