Thread: evga warranty

evga warranty

does anyone know if i flash the bios on my card, will evga still rma my card if it dies in the future??

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by radekkacz07 View Post
    does anyone know if i flash the bios on my card, will evga still rma my card if it dies in the future??
    Yes when you flash back the old bios. They even give you waaranty if replace the cooler.
    Asus Maximus 3 Extreme | Core i7 860 | Thermalright Venemous X | Corsair Dominator GT 2000-C8 4gb Kit | 2 WD Black FALS 1 TB Raid0 | XFX HD5870 | Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Corsair HX750 Watt | Samsung 2493 HM TFT |

is it possible to flash back when your card dies =]

here's how the warranty works. if you flash your bios with a bios other than one specified by eVGA that they posted up, your warranty is void. if it dies, from this 3rd party bios, it is void. you cannot flash a bios back if the card is dead. purely, because it's dead. it cannot receive power or anything.

if you do use eVGA's bios for their cards, and it happens to die, your card is still under warranty. however, the limited lifetime warranty only applies if you register your card on the eVGA site within 30 days of purchase, otherwise you will be subject to only 1 year warranty parts and labor.

hope that helps..

yea of course i registered my products, my evga 680i mobo already died so they send me a new one and now i plan to get the 780i for $90 as they kind of made a step up deal. But if i MODIFY the current bios,is it considered under warranty or it voids it? because if it voids it than i rather use an app to oc the card.

yea of course i registered my products, my evga 680i mobo already died so they send me a new one and now i plan to get the 780i for $90 as they kind of made a step up deal. But if i MODIFY the current bios,is it considered under warranty or it voids it? because if it voids it than i rather use an app to oc the card.
    Void.

ok, thank you for input =]