Thread: What the beep?

Xtreme Member

What the beep?

Somebody help me out here. I am trying to get all I can out of this Barton 2500+ CPU, so I am pushing it in every direction. But once it gets over 2600 MHz the MB speaker emits a short beep. It happens more often the higher the clock; from once every few minutes to a couple of times a minute. I know BIOS is telling me something but what?

When I run the math tests using mathmark it runs the burn in’s without failure, sandras benches without a hitch, 3dmark runs complete but will occasionally miss recognizing it completed a test.

All appears to be stable as high as 2630 with 430fsb, but I get the beep regardless of fsb at that clock. I have pushed the voltages to the limit on this board and played with them all, but still get the warning or whatever the beep is. The only voltage I haven’t changed is the AGP, being it is fixed at 66MHz.

I have good cooling -23C fluid at heavest loads CPU might get as warm as 5C under extreme load -2C at idle. Passive cooling on the NB Vantec pure copper and heatsinks on SB as well as mosfets and raid controller.
    Keeper's "Heatware"

Folding for nerdsforjesus.org

ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE
    AM2 6000
    2X36 Gig Rators O/S
    2X250Gig Storage
    2X 2 Gig Corsair
    2X EVGA 7900 GTO

Most people are bothered by those passages in Scripture which they cannot understand. The Scripture which troubles me most is the Scripture I do understand.

-- Mark Twain

Xtreme Enthusiast
    you have the rev 2.0 of the nf7 whereas I have the 1.2 but mine was doing the same. Do you have the newest bios for the rev 2 installed?

The newest bios release (20) for the rev 1.2 seems to have gotten rid of the beeping annoyance as well as several other irritating quirks.

I think it is safe to rule out n.bridge temps as a possible cause -- I have a maze 2-1 with an 80 watt pelt on the n.bridge and it is below zero on boot. My CPU is below zero on boot as well.
    Last edited by Weapon; 07-21-2003 at 11:59 PM.
    Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.
    go to sleep
    go to sleep
    go back to sleep.

carpe noctem.

Xtreme Member
    I am using the 14 BIOS, I will have to consider using the new one. I am going to find out what else came with the 16 and 17 BIOS for NF2-S 2.0. I am always reluctent to do the BIOS update because I am using the RAID controller. Had some bad luck on the KX7-r and lost all my data.
    Keeper's "Heatware"

Folding for nerdsforjesus.org

ASUS M2N32-SLI DELUXE
    AM2 6000
    2X36 Gig Rators O/S
    2X250Gig Storage
    2X 2 Gig Corsair
    2X EVGA 7900 GTO

Most people are bothered by those passages in Scripture which they cannot understand. The Scripture which troubles me most is the Scripture I do understand.

-- Mark Twain