Thread: 9800 vmod problems

Question 9800 vmod problems

Yesterday I did the vgpu and vmem mod just as in majormavs guide. It worked without problems, but if I raise vgpu from 1.70v to 1.90v for example, I have to lower the Mem-clocks from 390mhz (which were stable without vmods) to 370, or I get polygon-errors. (Even with 3v vmem I get these errors). What has vgpu to do with the mem and how can I fix this ?

update: i have a connect3d 9800np with 3.3ns samsung and 9800pro bios. gpu Watercooled and copper heatsinks on memory..
    Last edited by -FireBurn-; 08-29-2003 at 01:57 AM.

How can this be? If I raise vmem to 3v, I also read 3v from my multimeter. There's nothing stolen. O_o

Xtreme Member
    FireBurn,

where did you get the photos/guide for a 9800np?
    Or is it just the same as a Pro?
    thx
    Be cool, be watercool!

from Belgium, #1 Beer-country in the world!

SuperPI && Pifast scores

It has the same layout.

Xtreme Member
    OK THX

Woohoo vmod here I come :smileysex
    Be cool, be watercool!

from Belgium, #1 Beer-country in the world!

SuperPI && Pifast scores

¿
    Hey -FB-, I know this is an obvious question, but what kinda power supply you running? First thing that came to mind.

The VGPU/VDD mod's it would seem have changed the voltages of some other internal circut's, even tho you are measuring a straight 3v on the mem. Did you start out with small voltage increases after the vmod? Or just jump straight up to 1.9v from 1.7v? If so, that's a bad way to tweak your Voltmodded card .

Running repeated test's while slowly increasing voltages and overclock's is invaluable. Vref was necessary on my 9500 to get the Infineon mem running stable @330. But too much vref caused the same problem as too little. Basically, I think it need's to run at a voltage that works with your VDD voltage. Many times I have read 1/2 of VDD for Vref. Well, not in my case. Mine is @ 41% of Vref.

G H Z