Thread: my wb design

Cool my wb design

ok well this is my latest idea. the color scheme is as follows the green is a plexi top. the red are the channels and the blue are channel details such as fins and anything else i decde to add.

Ritalin Junkie
    did you steal that from me :p j/k
    if you want to make your own waterblock, heres my suggestion:
    buy a themalright sk6, surround it with copper, and put plexi on the top. make inlet in one corner and outlet in the opposite. sthe surface area will be about 30 times greater of that in all retail available blocks. and despite what many say, surface area of the waterblock is 99% of what matters.
    good luck, and let me know what you think.

yes surface area does count ill agree on that. but also you have to count flow rate and turbulance. this block is an atempt to ballance out all three. the center fin should increase waterpreasure causing turbulance aswell as the raised cone shaped inlet and outlets. and as the water has two 3/8" channels it has twice the space to flow into as the hose its comming from so the flow resistance will be minimal. the 1/2" plexi top joins the two outlets back togeather.

Ritalin Junkie
    yeah....but why not my idea?
    besides, it will be a :banana::banana::banana::banana:load easier, you dont have to mile the channel etc...the only thing you need is a grinding machine maybe and some superglue...

do you know how terrible the flow through a setup like that will be there would be more water flow over the top of the fins in the gap where the fan sits in than through the fins.

Ritalin Junkie
    thats why you put the plexi RIGHT ON THE TOP OF THE FINS, its not important, you could improvise....