Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: 狂少's CDT-tweak

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    eva2000, WHY don't you put in msconfig "maxmem = 640" and test it...?.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Memory Addict
    never tried maxmem value of 640M before 600-615 yes but not 640.. will try it now

see from ya user title you have a new addiction

edit: tried maxmem 640 with 3.94GB file copy waza 0.892s faster

Last edited by eva2000; 10-25-2007 at 02:06 AM.
    ---

I am Xtreme
    Could someone please explain this tweak in proper english?

I just can't get my head around it.

Here's what i understand:

Install Spi on D partion
    Make pagefile of min 512 max 512 on D partion
    Set maxmem to 600 with msconfig

reboot

Create 3 folders you fill with pics or whatever until they're 632mb each
    Open superPi, select size (32M in my case) leave it at "now start to calculate" dialog.

Copy each of the 632mb files into a folder that's in the SuperPi folder on partion D
    Make a winrar archive of this file

Let it idle for about 45 seconds watching taskmanager until free memory matches systemcache.(Approx.)

Run SuperPi.

Did it this way but gained 0,00 i must have done something or a couple of things wrong.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Could someone please explain this tweak in proper english?

I just can't get my head around it.

Here's what i understand:

Install Spi on D partion
    Make pagefile of min 512 max 512 on D partion
    Set maxmem to 600 with msconfig

reboot

Create 3 folders you fill with pics or whatever until they're 632mb each
    Open superPi, select size (32M in my case) leave it at "now start to calculate" dialog.

Copy each of the 632mb files into a folder that's in the SuperPi folder on partion D
    Make a winrar archive of this file

Let it idle for about 45 seconds watching taskmanager until free memory matches systemcache.(Approx.)

Run SuperPi.

Did it this way but gained 0,00 i must have done something or a couple of things wrong.
    All not necessary

Just make a new folder on your desktop
    Take a zipped filed with the size around 650mb,
    copy that file into that new folder. rename it
    copy the same file again, rename it
    copy the file again.
    the systemcache should be high now.
    Run superpi µ

edit*
    idleing should improve afterall ^^
    Last edited by BeardyMan; 10-25-2007 at 03:15 AM.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    never tried maxmem value of 640M before 600-615 yes but not 640.. will try it now

see from ya user title you have a new addiction

edit: tried maxmem 640 with 3.94GB file copy waza 0.892s faster
    HA, HA, HA........George you MUST have the WORST windows instalation EVER.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Did it for you? If not, it probably means you actually haven't applied the tweak, at least that's what I understand about the essence of CDT.

I personally haven't be able to match these two yet... so, consequently, no gain in Superpi.
    away & gone

Banned
    This is the max i could push the systemcacheperhaps if i lett it idle more i can get more out of it. Other then that it works lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tweak.JPG 
Views:	423 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	66135  

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    HA, HA, HA........George you MUST have the WORST windows instalation EVER.....
    Yeah could be.. does maybe win2003 better for this ?
    ---

Team KOC2.com
    regular XP SP2 works ok, but dont slipstream any updates, at least it works for me

E8600 Q820A750
    DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R - Abit IX38 QuadGT - Asus P5B Deluxe - Biostar TP45 HP
    Team Xtreem PC-5300 C3 2GB - Crucial 10th Anniversary 2GB - Team Xtreem PC8500 C5 2GB
    Winfast 8600GT
    Silverstone Olympia 1000w
    andre X_X -72c CO2 Cascade

My R22/CO2 Cascade Project

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by andre X_X View Post
    regular XP SP2 works ok, but dont slipstream any updates, at least it works for me
    Oh no updates better ? i'm fully updated via Ryam VM packs etc for my WinXP Pro SP2 install http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?t=4736 heh
    ---

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    This is the max i could push the systemcacheperhaps if i lett it idle more i can get more out of it. Other then that it works lol
    Seems like you got the tweak. What's the difference with Copy-Waza?
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Member
    I thought it was well known that 2003 was much better for SPI? Maybe I just took for granted that it was much better.
    Intel QX8950
    Asus P5K3 Deluxe Super WiFi
    Cell Shock DDR3 PC3-3049504
    2 x 2900XT 2GB Saphire
    Antec 350W

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Everyone working with HD's it seems, why not get rid of this and get yourself a proper RAMdisk? Lot less wondering about tweaks because DRAM is so much faster then HD, and atleast everyone would actually understand what is happening instead of this "magic tweak" fairytales

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by wa77ss View Post
    I thought it was well known that 2003 was much better for SPI? Maybe I just took for granted that it was much better.
    For some it is, for some it ain't .

I'd like to see some 03 vs XP results of the tweak

I am Xtreme
    Ehy guys, how come noone who is testing this tweak does it jsut as it says, and has to try thier own way?

I see no max meme 632mb, I see noone takingthe exact same steps as posted in OP. I wish I had more time than to take a quick perusal of the forums...'cause I think if you follow all steps, pagefile, copywaza file size(3x632MB, rar'ed), and thin gs might work different.

so the best way is you only make it once for 632mb for instance, then copy it into the folderright? then re-name the original to othername and copy into that folder...so now your folder has how much? 1264mb? so the one remain out side the folder still 632mb right?
    so rename again and "cut it and paste into that folder...
    now, if you install winrar already, right click that folder, and make a whatever name of the rar file...there we go, after done...you know what to do...
    I have not seen anyone do...you must rar the 3x632MB files after put into folder. The last rar will use RAM, pagefile, and windows cache, if you set all things as described, and if you use a proper blank file, when it's done, all you got is blank data left in those spaces...you wait a few minutes for windows to "right itself" form the huge file, and then bench.

So, who's the first to rar?

Memory Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    Ehy guys, how come noone who is testing this tweak does it jsut as it says, and has to try thier own way?

I see no max meme 632mb, I see noone takingthe exact same steps as posted in OP. I wish I had more time than to take a quick perusal of the forums...'cause I think if you follow all steps, pagefile, copywaza file size(3x632MB, rar'ed), and thin gs might work different.

I have not seen anyone do...you must rar the 3x632MB files after put into folder. The last rar will use RAM, pagefile, and windows cache, if you set all things as described, and if you use a proper blank file, when it's done, all you got is blank data left in those spaces...you wait a few minutes for windows to "right itself" form the huge file, and then bench.

So, who's the first to rar?
    already tried it http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...1&postcount=38
    ---

I am Xtreme
    Yes, i saw your post EVa, but you have not made all the tweaks in order. you must have maxmem, 525mb-525mb pagefile, 3x files into folder, rar, then use rar'ed file for copywaza, then bench. did you do like this, as I cannot tell which screenshot is from this...also the iwndows registry tweaks MUST be done...I cannot see un-optimized windows doing this "trick" right...

Don't gt me wrong, I do not question your posts EVAR!!!!! The respect I have for you in this regard is very large. But without showing results, I must wonder what is not right...not in what you did, but maybe in the explanation. I think I understand what is trying to be accomplished...but maybe not. lol.

I also think we are missing one part...what size of partitions are being used for C: and D: ? this will affect how well copywaza works, methinks.
    Last edited by cadaveca; 10-25-2007 at 09:11 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Cadaveca, so did I here: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=121 (look at the 3rd pic).
    away & gone

Memory Addict
    yeah made the 3 files rar'd then rar'd to a larger file but OPB stated to use 600 Maxmem and 512M fixed page file or you mean maxmem should of been 512 instead of 600 ??

not sure what you mean without showing results.. my results are in that link or you mean showing no improvements in my results ???
    ---

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Sorry I went out of my clothes..... Yes I know sometimes I'm an arshole......Keep on, I won't involve into this any more coz I'm not "neutral"......I'll only read your posts and findings...
    Last edited by hipro5; 10-25-2007 at 09:21 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by eva2000 View Post
    yeah made the 3 files rar'd then rar'd to a larger file but OPB stated to use 600 Maxmem and 512M fixed page file or you mean maxmem should of been 512 instead of 600 ??

not sure what you mean without showing results.. my results are in that link or you mean showing no improvements in my results ???
    Yeah no improvements. If you cannot get it to work, then I'm less likely to be interested, YKWIM?

no, i tihnk all three should be 632MB...pagefile, maxmem, and ramdisk. Even the lack of ramdisk would affect scores signifigantly.

LoL. Hipro...you've been pretty damn impartial all these years..why does that change now?

Admin
    XP and 2K3 are virtually equal. RAMDisks etc do not make a significant difference.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by cadaveca View Post
    LoL. Hipro...you've been pretty damn impartial all these years..why does that change now?
    This is ONLY when I hear/listen to this: "OPB" nickname and nothing more.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    XP and 2K3 are virtually equal. RAMDisks etc do not make a significant difference.
    What about the memory management system? Server03 was build for servers, so the memory management should be better than XP's, no?

¿
    True but XP can mimic 2003 memory managment by changing Performance Settings. I still find 2003 to be faster in 32M - even when LSC (Large System Cache) is set on XP.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast