Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: 狂少's CDT-tweak

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo6600 View Post
    Actually you are unable to read , he is saying master copy-waza first then compare it to that OPB tweak ,,, plain simple ,,,, best thing is to ask Fredy-san to test it as no one can question his skill and credibility
    I'm saying that this tweak is already proven to work. I will try his method when I get the chance.
    2008 - AOCC WW #2 | MOA EU #8 | GOOC WW #1
    2009 - GOOC WW #3 | MOA EU #3 | MOA WW #1 | GB TweaKing #6 | ASUS ROG OCS #2
    2010 - MOA EU #1 | GOOC EU #13 | MOA WW #1
    2011 - MOA EU #4 | MOA WW #?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    I'm saying that this tweak is already proven to work. I will try his method when I get the chance.
    Yes it is proven to work but is it much better than copy-waza !!!!!!!! prove it ...

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by C3 View Post
    This is by elmor:

This tweak definitely works!

Pics up soon.

edit:

System specs, just straight boot didn't editing any timings:

Then just run without cw/cdt:

And with the previous OPB CDT I learned from him:

Now, how about with this new OPB CDT-IV tweak:

Wow, how about that? I just shaved of 16 seconds of a SPI 32M round!

I'll explain exactly how I did it as some have some trouble understandning how to do this tweak.

First you will need to set your maxmem to 600 (I used 620 which worked good aswell, though I belive the file 600+32MB is 600MB = avaliable ram and the extra 32MB is because of pi 32M calculation, am I right Kevin?) and also I believe it is very important to have a 512-512MB big pagefile on the SPI-partition (D: in my and Kevins case). Ok, now the instructions:

1. I created 1x 632mb file using the command "fsutil file createnew D:\myfile 647168000" (1000*1024*632) for a file of exactly 632MB.
    2. Then I put it in a RAR-archive with the Store Compression method for no compression.
    3. After that I renamed it to myfile2 and then myfile3 and after each rename add it to the RAR-archive with the Store option so that you get a 1896MB big RAR-archive.
    4. Then I transfered it to my benchdisk with an USB flashdisk (I created the file on my laptop) and put it on SPI-partition (D:\file.rar).
    5. Now you start SPI and select 32M calculation and press OK, but don't press OK to start it, let it wait there.
    6. After that you copy it three times to C:\file.rar and the two other times you have to overwrite of course.
    7. Next you copy D:\file.rar to any folder on D:\, for me it was D:\cw\, three times just like you did to C:\ before.
    8. Now, as Kevin says, to balance it you copy the file C:\file.rar to D:\file.rar and overwrite it. I did it three times and I saw the ammount Avaliable memory raise each time.
    9. Now you can close the Taskmanager if you had it open for monitoring and all the other windows not related to SPI and now you can start your calculation!

Hope this writeup helps you understand Kevins outstanding tweak better, I can only imagine what it takes to be able to find this tweak out.

BTW, I didn't get the Avaliable memory and System cache balanced so System cache was about 2MB more. If I can get those two balanced maybe even more gain is possible.
    Please remove that last part, it might be bugged. (the last pic)

Helloooo........elmor......How come and you gained about 20sec out of it?.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Helloooo........elmor......How come and you gained about 20sec out of it?.....
    That part was removed already, I am currently doing new tests to confirm this.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica View Post
    @Hipro, what if he would video tape the 32M booting straight at 3.6G , would you finally believe it? i hope you wouldn't claim for windows speed hacking tool hidding in the task manager :P

@Xavier, lol xDD
    HA, HA, HA......From OPB I expect EVERYTHING....Even hiden speed hacking.....

ONLY "neutral" users please.....Thanks......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    BTW, I forgot to write down that you have to wait until Avaliable memory has stopped raising before closing the task manager and starting the calculation if someone didn't get that.

Xtreme Addict
    HA, HA, HA......From OPB I expect EVERYTHING....Even hiden speed hacking.....

ONLY "neutral" users please.....Thanks......
    From a man of your age you're very childish indeed.
    Intel FTW!

Beanna

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Guys...those 16 seconds that you've got down elmor... hmm
    Sad to say that, but could be done just by copy wazza.

Here's a test from the past:

No tweaks at all

Only copy wazza tweak ( no priority, no explorer, no maxmem, no nopci lock, nothing, just copy wazza )

16seconds faster, sharp.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by kemo6600 View Post
    Actually you are unable to read , he is saying master copy-waza first then compare it to that OPB tweak ,,, plain simple ,,,, best thing is to ask Fredy-san to test it as no one can question his skill and credibility
    You think so (as for Fredyama) ?.....I think so too BUT Mr. OPB or should I say: "Mr. They can't stop me because I'm Onepagebook" (as it's written on his avatar the LORD, THE CHOSEN ONE )may have a different oppinion about Japanise guys as he says in his forum that they know nothing about tweaks and things like that......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by NiCKE^ View Post
    From a man of your age you're very childish indeed.
    Thanks...
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Hardware Nightmare
    I don't consider this tweak seriously too, easier and faster way just to free memory with short VBS script.

Stock run

running vbs script, take a look how much mem did it took.

script self-quited, now we have optimized memory (all not used apps are swapped to pagefile, plenty of memory free now)
    Last edited by TiN_; 10-24-2007 at 05:57 AM.
    Taking GND reference from another galaxy

Electronics engineering @ extreme overclocker
    LN2: Cel347@8199.5MHz,920@5300,E8600@6610,QX9650@5700,X 3050@4311,X3470@5060

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Lol, if you run Super Pi with that acid program in the background it whill crash inmediatly, i know it cause i did several tests in the past to prove why he didn't use them,due to lack of time i wasn't able to finish it yet

so you are "neutral" in this?
    Some other guys have shown us the opposite.....They used speed proggies and they worked OK.......PLUS they could rename them AS THEY WISH in case of showing task managger and services if you remember well....They could EVEN rename it as: svchost.exe......No?.....

I'm neutral for myshelf.....So IF I don't get any gain out of it and post it, "some" will say: "Ahhh....we didn't expected from you to see any gain".....
    So I don't "count"......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Addict
    You think so (as for Fredyama) ?.....I think so too BUT Mr. OPB or should I say: "Mr. They can't stop me because I'm Onepagebook" (as it's written on his avatar the LORD, THE CHOSEN ONE )may have a different oppinion about Japanise guys as he says in his forum that they know nothing about tweaks and things like that......
    Let him rot! Why should we care ?

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    Guys...those 16 seconds that you've got down elmor... hmm
    Sad to say that, but could be done just by copy wazza.

Here's a test from the past:

No tweaks at all

Only copy wazza tweak ( no priority, no explorer, no maxmem, no nopci lock, nothing, just copy wazza )

16seconds faster, sharp.
    ...expecting a not tweaked vs only CDT tweaked run with better gain than 16s
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Where's me Beer?
    I did a few more SPI 4M tests with my dual xeon rig, did the CDT-IV tweak i did before, and i did my own version of this tweak, final times are exactly the same.

My version "Hixie tweak ver1.0"
    Step 1: Set MAXMEM to 600, and made a file 604MB large (600 as in the MAXMEM value and 4 because i'm running 4M Super Pi)
    Step 2: Open up Super Pi, and select 4M, but stop that the start button.
    Step 3: Open task manager, and keep copying the same 604MB file into THE SAME FOLDER, until System Cache and Available memory figures match each other.
    Step 4: Close everything, and run Super Pi.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by hixie View Post
    I did a few more SPI 4M tests with my dual xeon rig, did the CDT-IV tweak i did before, and i did my own version of this tweak, final times are exactly the same.

Step 1: Set MAXMEM to 600, and made a file 604MB large (600 as in the MAXMEM value and 4 because i'm running 4M Super Pi)
    Step 3: Open task manager, and keep copying the same 604MB file into THE SAME FOLDER, until System Cache and Available memory figures match each other.
    SO......You DIDN'T see ANY gain out of this "CDT-IV tweak"?.....
    Thank you.......NEXT ONE PLEASE....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

I think we need to see 1M at 5.3Ghz, this 32M stuff has large margin of error.
    Intel 9990XE @ 5.1Ghz
    ASUS Rampage VI Extreme Omega
    GTX 2080 ti Galax Hall of Fame
    64GB Galax Hall of Fame
    Intel Optane
    Platimax 1245W

Intel 3175X
    Asus Dominus Extreme
    GRX 1080ti Galax Hall of Fame
    96GB Patriot Steel
    Intel Optane 900P RAID

Where's me Beer?
    SO......You DIDN'T see ANY gain out of this "CDT-IV tweak"?.....
    Thank you.......NEXT ONE PLEASE....
    Between No tweak and CDT-IV there is a difference (quite substantial aswell), but my own version seems to do exactly the same as CDT-IV.

I'll test it again with my E6850 this time.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by hixie View Post

And what about doing it entirely how OPB described it?

By the way, running scripts and bat files might indeed be better. I've seen the Italian guys having .BAT scripts on their desktop, so I reckon they use something similar.

Maybe we should ask? :p
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I think we need to see 1M at 5.3Ghz, this 32M stuff has large margin of error.
    On 1M you will see NOTHING at all......EVEN IF you bench it with ONLY ONE RAM MODULE (SINGLE DDR) with the same timmings as two, you'll get the EXACT SAME RESAULT....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    You're wrong mate, you're not getting the point of the tweak, copy waza won't have an effect in 1M but CDT tweak WILL do, if you run it well of course...
    OK......I'll test it my shelf and report back to .....myself too....
    Please test yourself 1M with ONLY ONE RAM Module and with TWO (Dual)...and tell me the difference....as we are talking about bandwidth here...
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    You're wrong mate, you're not getting the point of the tweak, copy waza won't have an effect in 1M but CDT tweak WILL do, if you run it well of course...
    Will have effect, if you know how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by AndreYang View Post
    wtf..your cpu is better.

Banned
    Copy Waza != CDT(-IV) tweak, you could say that the CDT tweak is a more advanced Copy Waza though.
    Yes indeed, you could say it's a copy waza with an extra gear

My findings remains the same

With just maxmem at 680 i get 29.4secs
    With either copy waza or this method i go easy below 29secs.

For me it works so wel done

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    Yes indeed, you could say it's a copy waza with an extra gear

My findings remains the same

With just maxmem at 680 i get 29.4secs
    With either copy waza or this method i go easy below 29secs.

For me it works so wel done
    So by using Copy Waza OR this tweak you get the SAME resault?....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Banned
    So by using Copy Waza OR this tweak you get the SAME resault?....
    yes, by this i get easier 28.9XX, copy waza often gives me 29.0XXsecs

However this is AMD, i remember intel being less hungry on big gains with 1 tweak.

Anyone with amd that can verify my testings?(wich killed my old 5GB hdd )

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast