Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: 狂少's CDT-tweak

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlobber View Post
    Saaya, with all the respect to you, even though BeardyMan's response was promptly removed, I completely agree with what he posted.
    hmmm i didnt remove it, i dont see whats provoking about it though.

its like making a thread and say i got the best tweak for 2k6, guess what it is.
    then wait for everybody to post their tweaks and write them down and then say ah yeah, that one, that gave the biggest boost, thats my tweak. congrats for finding out how i did it.

get my point?
    if kevin has a special tweak then he can share it or not.
    if he doesnt want to share it why should we spend our time trying to find out how his tweak works... only to find out that there is no way to get it to work or better yet find a great tweak he then claims was his tweak all along.

i dont see the point.

I am Xtreme
    In all honesty, i never did a 100% fair comparisation between CW and CDT so i felt i just had to.

Here goes:

screenie basically say it all

Copy waza:

and with CDT tweak as i know it:

The calculation time is a bit poor, i can't put my finger on what's wrong yet, so don't mind that please.

Keep in mind that OPB claims (on Coolalers forum) that the tweak explained is only 60% of the full tweak.
    Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | FX 8350 | 2x4GB Trident-X 2600 C10 | 2x ATI HD5870 Crossfire | Enermax Revo 1050watt | OCZ Vertex 3 60GB | Samsung F1 1TB

Watercooling: XSPC Raystorm | EK 5870 Delrin fullcover | TFC X-changer 480 w/ 4x Gentle Typhoon | DDC2+ Delrin top | EK 200mm res | Primochill LRT 3/8 tubing

Case: Murdermodded TJ-07

sub 9 sec. SPi1M 940BE 955BE 965BE 1090T

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    Great, the thread completely derailed. May I ask every person who wants to give his opinion about OPB as a person to leave this thread.

I'm interested in what the CDT-tweak is all about and why it's supposed to be better than copy-waza. I believe it's worth to discuss something what gave some people a nice boost. It's not giving everyone a nice boost. Why?

1) The tweak does not work => Why?
    2) The tweak is not complete => What should we do to make it work properly.

As I started this thread, I believe the tweak gives a boost. How much? I don't know, but I'm planning to find out.
    So as the tweak is not completely explained here, there are two options:

1) Force OPB to tell it.
    2) Try to discover his way of thinking and try to reproduce the tweak with as little help as possible.

All those who are in favor of option 1: please leave the thread. Who are we to demand the tweak even if it would clear his name from the cheats.
    Option 2 seems to me the most interesting one, as it requires much more attention and intelligence.
    There's a reality that a thread was started saying that there was a tweak that did X..So far no one can match that.
    The unsaid thing was that this tweak would explain or help to explain the benchmarks posted by this person last year that was questioned by many and thats as polite as I can say it.
    You ask that no one comment on him but thats nigh impossible as the two go hand in hand.
    There's now 400 posts in a thread about something that "as explained" doesn't do what was claimed.
    One is left with two options:
    1) Info was left out intentionally
    2) This is a April Fools joke posted six months late.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    hmmm i didnt remove it, i dont see whats provoking about it though.
    Ok, didn't know you could delete your own posts like BeardyMan did so I thought someone from the staff removed it To me, it sounded a bit provoking, but that might be my type of ears or something like that So I wouldn't like to continue on that... hurts health :p

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    its like making a thread and say i got the best tweak for 2k6, guess what it is.
    then wait for everybody to post their tweaks and write them down and then say ah yeah, that one, that gave the biggest boost, thats my tweak. congrats for finding out how i did it.
    get my point?
    I got it and I think it's not valid here. Why? Because:
    1) OPB didn't start this thread;
    2) there is no widely known tweak which gives such a big boost in 1M and 32M as CDT supposedly does;
    3) He can't claim a newly found tweak his own since he has posted CDT instructions already (not on XS as you see though), so he can't go against his own words;

Quote Originally Posted by saaya
    if kevin has a special tweak then he can share it or not.
    if he doesnt want to share it why should we spend our time trying to find out how his tweak works... only to find out that there is no way to get it to work or better yet find a great tweak he then claims was his tweak all along.
    As far as I see, you don't spend your time trying to find it out, so why are you bothering about "us"?
    I spend my own time on it, and I myself decide whether to spend it or not, and I've already learned some things about 32M tweaking I didn't know before (not related to CDT though), so even if the main topic of this debate doesn't come to the lucky end, this thread still has been worthy for me... and I hope for others as well.

Meanwhile, such statements about "claiming the tweak his own" are completely speculative, and are dragging us back to the "OPB's name discussing" type of thread which I thought we just had left in the past, didn't we?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On a general note (not a reply to saaya), I also have my own opinion on Kevin (everybody does if he/she has communicated with a person at least once), but you can go back to my posts in this thread and try to find where did I allow my opinion to impact the discussion about CDT (either positively or negatively). I have tried to be completely neutral, and encourage everyone who is interested in the discussion to keep the same attitude. For people who already have their opinion and are not going to change it (zbogorgon displays the brightest negative attitude, for example, while some OCX guys the opposite), this thread will not change anything so their best choice is to stay out and, if they really want to discuss their opinions, start another one specifically about OPB... or dig out the old ones.

Btw, Zeus, thanks for comparison
    Last edited by mrlobber; 10-30-2007 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Edit: elaborated my thoughts more
    away & gone

Wanna look under my kilt?
    From the testing i've done, using CDT, Available RAM + System cache are improved in comparison to Copy-Waza but it isnt translating into a better SPi time for me.

I think its very possible, seeing as Copy-Waza boosts the Avail + Sys Cache and gives a better SuperPi time, that the tweak works, but im doing something wrong.

After copy-waza:

Available RAM: 459808
    Sys Cache: 531288

After CDT:

Available RAM: 550000
    Sys Cache: 555596
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    IF we take option 2 massman, then why in the first place this thread was started?...........IF the "tweak" is NOT full, close that dumn thread and re-open it after 2 5 10 years or so, so to post with full "tweak".....
    OR if OPB want's to clear his name, start a new thread about that......period.....
    1) I started this thread out of curiousity.
    2) What's the points of discussing a tweak which everybody understands and everybody knows how to use?
    3) OPB didn't want to clear his name ... I started this thread and it supposed to be about the CDT tweak.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Phenom™
    This is pathetic. This thread was started to discuss a tweak and it's turned into Everbody vs. OPB II. In this thread, the posts regarding OPB's history/character probably outnumber the ones which actually stay on topic 2:1. If you guys want to talk about OPB, then start a thread in the "Speak Freely" section. There's so much off-topic discussion in this thread, it's almost impossible to find any evidence proving/disproving his tweak. A new thread should be started to compare ONLY results and let's just leave our opinions out of it. I VOTE TO SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN.

Xtreme Addict
    K404, which kind of copywaza are you doing (available memory seems to be a bit low in your CW case)?

Maxmem=600 or a different number?
    away & gone

Wanna look under my kilt?
    Hey mrlobber

Should have added this to last post..DOH.

MAXMEM set to 600 (giving 613932MB in task manager)

Original Copy-Waza file was a copy of the original F.E.A.R. demo (636MB,) and was copied from a 2nd HDD onto Windows partition.
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlobber View Post
    As far as I see, you don't spend your time trying to find it out, so why are you bothering about "us"?
    Im bothered by this thread as its going nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by s7e9h3n View Post
    I VOTE TO SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN.
    I agree, removing the uneccessary posts from this thread would be like cutting a toothpick out of a 200 year old tree

Phenom™
    Im bothered by this thread as its going nowhere

I agree, removing the uneccessary posts from this thread would be like cutting a toothpick out of a 200 year old tree
    C'mon then, MR. ADMIN shut'r down.

BTW, wouldn't it be EASY to just pull a twig off a 200 year old tree to make a toothpick?

Xtreme Addict
    Ok, then who is going to start the "new thread" on this "with results only"?
    away & gone

Xtreme Member
    I VOTE TO SHUT THIS THREAD DOWN.
    i really love to learn more about this, but i agree... maybe start a new one with whatever is there to learn. i started reading this thread page by page, tried to understand it word per word with every intention to learn this and ended dumber than i started... I'm sorry but this is not what I've expected of XS...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    sigh, i dont have much time, im very busy at work, but ok, let me see what i can put together :P

Phenom™
    sigh, i dont have much time, im very busy at work, but ok, let me see what i can put together :P
    Just friggin shut this thread down Sacha....

Aussie God
    Thread is dead... Tweak is uncomplete or inefficient compared to normal Copy-Waza - Period
    - OPB didnt clean his name

Absolutely no reason for us to continue this thread...
    ... Finally, seriously, your name's Sacha? .... First chick I screwed after I moved from my birthtown to another town
    - Real demon, 47kg 170cm, now she was a demon in the sack...
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    uhm lol mbeier... thanks for the ...compliment?

For those who still want to play around with the CDT tweak and try to get it working, or for those who want to discuss different copy waza variations, how well they work or dont. please use this thread:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/....php?p=2522821

Im now going to close this sad example of a thread here and hope we can all lighten up and go on with what we were doing before

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617